User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Greedy People

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm so glad where I live only a few people use coupons, so there are always lots of coupons!! I feel guilty when I take 5-6, I only take what I'm going to use..I can't imagine so,done taking the whole pad!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It should have been "Someone taking the whole pad"...

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I was in a store earlier this week where there were multiple pads of this coupon, went back today (not for the coupons, but stopped to check again out of curiosity) and not even the cardboard backs of the pads remained. Guess there's a pad thief in my area too When will people realize that they put all of our future savings in jeopardy by doing this??? Or do they realize and simply have too much greed to give a hoot?
    Anna Michele likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    i hope she is getting pastes for donation purposes....
    To me, even if the person is donating the items, it doesn't justify taking a whole pad (or two or even half a pad). It's great if someone gets to benefit from a donation, but there are many people who are struggling financially who are not using food banks or receiving donations from somewhere/someone who could have benefitted from being able to find the coupon on the tear pad themselves and buy the products in the size/flavour/whatever that they wanted, when they wanted/needed it. Making donations is wonderful, I do it myself, and so do many, many members of SC, but clearing out tear pads is not needed in order to be able to make a donation. How about being charitable with others in one's neighbourhood by leaving coupons for others too.

I know that not eveyone who coupons is struggling financially (in reality, studies show that coupon use is higher amoung middle class, not low income earners), but really, ideally, everyone who shops at that store should be able to access the coupons, at least for a few days, without the entire amount going to one person. People should not have to buy coupons on ebay to get them, or have to trade for coupons that show up in their neighbourhood. (an yes, I trade for coupons, but some stuff just doesn't make it to my neighbourhood and we all end up with coupons we don't need, often from packaging of products we buy)

I know also that when entire tear pads get taken by one or two individuals (or even the perception that this is happening) also contributes to more people taking more coupons than they need from tear pads, creating a sense of "I need to take them before they are all gone" or "well, the next person is just going to take them all anyways, so I might as well benefit from this". Couponing etiquette is really tough some times.

Last month, I found the tear pads on the day the went up, and there were Babybel coupons. I was soooo excited and took a few for me and a few for a friend. When I got home, I thought I should have taken a few more as I could use them before expiry date. Dh went to store the next day, and they were already all gone. Not necessarily because one person took them all, but because it's an awesome coupon, and anyone who coupons regularly would have realized they wouldn't last long.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kwala View Post
    I went to RCSS yesterday to pick up couple of things and stopped at the board of coupons outside. They had two full pads of Crest toothpaste coupons there. I took about 7 of those coupons and while I was looking to see what other coupons were there, a lady came in and took both the pads of Crest coupons. I don't understand how greedy can you get or how many toothpastes do you need. If you buy toothpaste in bulk, wouldn't they expire. I wanted to ask her that but was too chicken so I am venting here. Now I know why we can't find a lot of coupons people post about.
    I would have wanted to say something too, but would also have been too chicken to actually do it. It's that "be polite" behaviour that was ingrained in me during childhood. In reality, saying something to this woman likely wouldn't have changed her future behaviour, as your comment indicated she took that many furtively. Clearly the woman knew that what she was doing didn't follow rules of coupon etiquette, but she felt compelled for whatever reason to do so anyways.
    niro_anan and Anna Michele like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    The sad thing is lot of times these coupons expire in their hand & end up in the recycle bin.
    That particular coupon expires on April 30th, so yup, likely many will expire without being used.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I was at shoppers the other day waiting for a prescription and found the crest coupon. There were only about 10 left on the pad so I only took 2 (as I have lots of toothpaste already) and as I tore it off, an employee sweeping the isle walked by and gave me the dirtiest look and asked, "Are you finding what you are looking for?"

Made me feel like a criminal for taking 2 crest coupons while I waited for a prescription to be filled.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GracieAnne View Post
    I was at shoppers the other day waiting for a prescription and found the crest coupon. There were only about 10 left on the pad so I only took 2 (as I have lots of toothpaste already) and as I tore it off, an employee sweeping the isle walked by and gave me the dirtiest look and asked, "Are you finding what you are looking for?"

Made me feel like a criminal for taking 2 crest coupons while I waited for a prescription to be filled.
    No ! I am going to find it in RCSS when I get FREE TP with this coupon ..ha ha ha ..the sale at RCCS starts on Friday ..$ 1.00 Crest TP at RCSS

http://smartcanucks.ca/real-canadian-superstore-ontario-free-crest-toothpaste-march-7th-13th/

Name:  u7ydumer.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  72.4 KB
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Wed, Mar 5th, 2014 at 01:27 PM.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Went to Loblaws today and they had 3 pads of crest coupons outside and 1 inside. It was funny, the lady promoting PC card was taking some of the coupons. I know she is allowed and all that but just seemed a bit funny. Anyways, I got five more coupons and now I have 12 of them, so I am greedy too because I know I won't be using all of them.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Shh I am either too chicken to give that a dirty look and that lady is way too greedy ppl gave me a dirty look if I tear some coupons for later use at another store
    niro_anan likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

HAHA,,, you totally killed me when you said you'd cry!... I'm the exact same , I usually chicken out in public to say something but come on .. the whole pad.. I can think of several things I could've asked her.
    I once went to rcss and was excited to see a coupon that I didnt get before... I think it was crest? Or maybe something else.. I don't remember.. I got about 10 and was like wow I took alot and most will go to trade and maybe ill get it free. So Im going to get a cart and a lady comes in with her kid and looks at the board .. SPECIFICALLY WENT TO THE BOARD.. started ripping pads off the board .. i know there was a sale that week for something that you could get for free and she took the 2 new pads right off the board.. and then proceeded with the other ones aswell... I was like :| holy... I was getting red from just takin 10 ..

Anyways a comment I will make next time is ... walk over to them OH you seem to have taken the entire pads? CAN I HAVE SOME OF THEM SINCE THERE IS NOTHING LEFT ON THE BOARD?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information