User Tag List

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree3346Likes

Thread: March: Spring into Savings (frugal chatter)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went out to RCSS and did really well in my opinion! Will post my shop later. We went to the library and I got a few cooking books, lunch packing book and movie and 2 books for youngest. Then we picked up a coffee and went for a walk in Home depot and Walmart. Home now for the night. Hung up my load of laundry that I put in machine before we left. Pulled homemade pasta sauce from freezer so having pasta and amazing garlic bread with a glass of wine for dinner

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

oh and went to the open house. House is ok but electric heat and very dated. No thanks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

If you have wanted to go to the Medieval Times Show in Toronto, now is the time to go! Until March 31st, 2014 you can buy one admission into Medieval Times Toronto and get the second admission FREE!All you have to do is enter the promotional code SBWEB at check out when ordering your admission tickets for Medieval Times.
    Regular priced admission is $62.95 + taxes and processing fees and Children admission is $42.95 + tax and processing fees. You are limited to 6 FREE Admissions. Children must be 12 and under

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Wow, scored big time on cheese at RCSS today. They were clearing out reg priced $7.98 200g aged Italian imported cheese for $1.49. Is that stuff ever good. I just made some cheese buns with some of that cheese (I grated it). I'm going to freeze and use as needed in cooking/baking, but saving some for cheese on toast (YUM).

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Of course I can never sleep in when I plan too. Even my youngest is still sleeping but he has played hockey 4 1/2 hours away for the past 2 days so I guess it caught up with him. (they won both games! just need one more win and they go to the OMHA finals ) Game #3 today but at our local arena. The other team gets to drive here! Plan on doing some cooking for the week. Making homemade vegetable dip (to go with all the veggies I bought yesterday!) boneless/skinless chicken and pasta sauce (have tomatoes in the freezer from the garden that I want to get out of my freezer) So will do that before and after hockey. Will toss a load in the wash and hang to dry if I have enough for a load but thinking I won't have to since I did so yesterday.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-yeah going to visit daughter out of town for lunch with her and hubby

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Took a peak at the "What's in your crockpot" thread and saw a post for Beer chicken. Had chicked thawed and all ingredients so have made that for dinner! Can't wait to see how it turns out

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

please make this winter stop. I am just so sick of it. Not very Canadian of me I know, but really I want to put the put and coats away and let the fresh air in.
    Instead DH is shovelling the drive.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Today is a leftover day i think - we have meatballs and spaghetti, pork steak that turned super tender in the crock pot, mashed potatoes and a bunch of quiizznos pizzas bf's ex dropped off for the boys.

March started off with me having to call in to work as not going in for my second job. I'm going in today. Friday night with it being cold we had started my car to warm up for a bit around 10 so it was fewer hours between when it ran last and had to be started. However it stalled (we know its issue and we arent fixing it because it would cost more than the blue book value of the car), drained the battery with the only key in the ignition. No battery no power locks. I was SO VERY glad I invested in CAA again last summer. This car has made CAA well worth having. So an unlock visit from CAA so we could get the key the NFG key that unlocks things out of the cup holder was fully covered.

Because I missed the day of work I'll have to revamp my budget a bit now. Although when i figure out what I'm really truly doing with my income tax I'll be revamping it a little more.

I'm starting to consider a new vehicle However I would prefer to stick to my plan of getting one in the fall of 2015 or spring of 2016. I think because I know what i want in a vehicle Its going to be something i end up having the dealership here find and bring for me. I'd rather purchase from them as you get better services if you have or you end up going 3 or 4 hours out of town to get service from the dealership you purchased from.

I love doing crafts - knitting and quilting especially. I kNOW i'm very critical of my own work. I tend to give my crafts as gifts for birthdays, baby showers and christmas. But I've been considering setting up an Etsy Store. The only thing that really stops me is....shipping. Postage and shipping seems so expensive or complicated to figure out.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Made homemade veggie dip. Now peeling and cutting up carrots, cucumber and celery! Will be a great snack for the boys this week.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

saundyl.. go for it with Etsy.. the person purchasing is responsible for shipping. the only issue i have is that there is nothing out there reasonably priced for me to ship my products in. i have no issue delivering where i am. but out of town etc. eesh.

will spend today finishing a bit of laundry, making banana chocolate chip muffins, and maybe making a few projects.
    it snowed here again too. thankfully we have contracters.. but i'd rather see it all disappear.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    it snowed here again too. thankfully we have contracters.. but i'd rather see it all disappear.
    Same here ~ snow.
    The weather network forcasted 1 cm. Um. Was more than 1 cm.
    The good news ~~ another workout shovelling the snow, after warm up and stretching.
    Another gym fee saved by "exercising" in the snow.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

oh almost forgot to mention my good news of the day. booked myself into another venue for next month. can't wait.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Prepped veggies for the week. Peeled about 4 Lbs of carrots, stalk of celery and cucumber. Now it's easy to give the kids veggies and dip. Cut extra carrots to cook with dinner. Chicken smells good in the crockpot. Will make a quick homemade ceaser dressing and make a small salad to go with dinner too. Have cut up onions to use up so we will panfry a few potatoes with the onions to go with dinner for whoever wants them.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

dh made some pork chops and chicken last night. just need to peel/boil and mash some taters to go with it and make a salad. lots of goodies to choose from in there.
    thinking of heading up to local thrift store. everyone else is sleeping. have to wait for the butter to 'soften/melt' anyway.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information