User Tag List

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49
Like Tree3346Likes

Thread: March: Spring into Savings (frugal chatter)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvToUseCoupons View Post
    Hi All,
    Happy April.
    It's been a busy couple of days.
    One of my Aunts had a heart attack Saturday night, and when they tried to do surgery she coded twice, so they were unable to do the surgery to put the pacemaker in, she is currently on an external pacemaker, and getting some help to breathe, all prayers would be greatly appreciated.
    Hope everyone is good, glad to see spring finally here.
    Have a great evening all.
    Sorry to hear this, sending prayers your way.

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Sorry to hear this, sending prayers your way.
    Thank you!
    Crochetlady and jasperandchar like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

One of my Aunts had a heart attack Saturday night, and when they tried to do surgery she coded twice, so they were unable to do the surgery to put the pacemaker in, she is currently on an external pacemaker, and getting some help to breathe, all prayers would be greatly appreciated.
    Prayers sent. Hope she is feeling better very soon!

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    Question for those of you who buy off Kijiji. If something you wanted was listed stating a price or best offer, would you offer lower even if you thought it was already a pretty good deal? I am going to look at a beautiful dining room set tomorrow and haggling is not in my nature, but....it does say "or best offer". I guess it can't hurt to try. How much lower would you ask....10%??? I would hate to offend someone.
    I've never purchased from kijiji or haggled, but do you know how long they've had the set for sale? If they're taking "best offers" it would seem that they're willing to budge on the price. I'd go in and have a look at it and make the offer based on the condition. If there are several dents and scratches that didn't appear in the photos, if the colour wasn't as vibrant as pictured, etc., I'd ask for a bit less than the asking price. I think 10% is a respectable offer and gives the sellers a bit of room if they want to ask for only 5%.

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -I babysat "ashlyn" today -poor little baby she is teething and crying in pain(6 months now)-I got her down for a 40 minute nap thou
    -i am loving the little sounds she makes
    I think I missed the teething cries on LO. How can you tell Ashlyn is crying from teething pain? LO cries in early evening now, but I suspect it's tummyaches and her efforts to rid her system of the new solids we're trying her out on. For some reason, she's having the worst time with sweet potato in her system. LO has two bottom teeth but the others must be coming very soon.

DH bought all season tires today. I just hate sending him out with a credit card. After calling around for tire quotes from a few local shops, I found a place that was offering the tires we wanted for $60 less. DH thought the price before discount was what I was looking for and bought the tires for $60 more. Trying to be frugal is such an uphill battle sometimes.

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Ok. I'm all caught up.

Nancy sorry to hear about you, your DH and son this weekend, hope everyone is on the mend and will be fine soon.

I did manage to do my shopping Saturday morning. I was able to use up all my coupons that was expiring yesterday to get some paper towels. Also stock up on the MaCain fries, juices and got a few hams.

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Prayers sent. Hope she is feeling better very soon!
    Thank you!
    Crochetlady likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I have 8 copy in french for trade except the Sunlight Dish Soap and the 4$ ones that I am keeping for me...I am looking for the same value in Astro 1$ Yogurt Coupons(tear pad),5$wub3 Yogurt (defi sante challenge booklet) ,2$ VH Steamers coupons(tear pad), 0,50$ off Oasis Juice(tear pad) , 0,50$ off Pringles Chip and Free Pepsi 2 l wub lays chips(peelie). You can pm me if you have those and we will make a trade.Thank you
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Apr 2nd, 2014 at 04:06 AM.
    jasperandchar likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

For the first time of my life of couponner I missed the Sample Source samples today + the 3 months subscription magazine.I was and still am very desapointed because they had good samples and 2 fpc's probably.Anyone got Lucky one those? So still a lot to do here before I feel at ''home''again and all those life question give me insomnia...now back to bed and guess who will need a lot to coffee tomorrow morning? I hope everyone had a great april fool day and a frugal day and cannot wait to see you in the april thread and see the names of this one|||
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

luvtousecoupons thoughts and prayers are for your aunt

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sweetsparrow-"ashlyn" lets out a higher pitched cry so i am assuming its from her teeth(one popped thu 2 weeks ago and anther one is just under the skin or she could jut be tired - i may be wrong as I am not with her all the time(but sure loved watching her yesterday)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hi All,

Here is the link to the April frugal chatter thread
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/381713-...a/#post5901026

LuvToUseCoupons & cath007 I counted your votes and Showers of Savings still won!

See everyone in the April thread
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Retiree View Post
    My adult kids are, now, 37 and 40 but when I was a stay at home Mom and they were about 9 and 11 I got tired of all the complaints at meals. (I was/am a pretty decent cook and since I baked 3 or 4 times a week, they also had dessert twice a day.) I warned them, and my husband, that if the complaints continued, I would give up cooking for all of them and just prepare meals for myself.

To make a long story short, someone complained at dinner about having broccoli so I stood up and said "That's it! You guys are on your own to make your own meals from now on." I didn't cook for a week. At the end of the week, my husband's favourite aunt and uncle were coming for dinner. Since they were my favourite aunt and uncle, too, I decided it was time to sit down and negotiate new deal.

The deal I negotiated was that everyone had to take 1 night a week to cook, including my husband. They had to give me list of ingredients for what they wanted to cook and I would make sure those ingredients were in the house for them to make their dinner. If they had cooked dinner, then they wouldn't have to do the dishes and, finally, there were to be no more complaints about the meals.

I really thought that this plan would accomplish 2 things. They would learn some cooking skills and they would figure out that there is whole lot more to getting a meal to the table than just the cooking part. There is the planning, purchasing of ingredients and prep work, before you even start. It is time consuming and easy to feel unappreciated if people complain.

Our system worked pretty well. The challenge for me was to not complain when our son nuked wieners and beans in the microwave, for dinner, on his night. lol
    Good for you Retiree for putting your foot down and making a deal, I'm sure your kids are now well settled in the kitchen and can fend for themselves
    Crochetlady likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hi All,
    Happy April.
    It's been a busy couple of days.
    Hope everyone is good, glad to see spring finally here.
    Have a great evening all.
    Sending prayers hun, so sorry that they were unable to do the surgery

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    Question for those of you who buy off Kijiji. If something you wanted was listed stating a price or best offer, would you offer lower even if you thought it was already a pretty good deal? I am going to look at a beautiful dining room set tomorrow and haggling is not in my nature, but....it does say "or best offer". I guess it can't hurt to try. How much lower would you ask....10%??? I would hate to offend someone.
    As long as it doesn't say FIRM which it doesn't (price or best offer) I would offer them less I know I expect people to offer less than asking price, so for example if they are asking $500.00 I would offer them $450.00 just me
    Crochetlady likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Hi All,

Here is the link to the April frugal chatter thread
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/381713-...a/#post5901026

LuvToUseCoupons & cath007 I counted your votes and Showers of Savings still won!

See everyone in the April thread
    we're over here now
    Crochetlady and cath007 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Not a frugal weekend here... Had to upgrade DD to the next stage car seat as she has outgrown her infant seat she is just so long now. She is almost 7 months and in size 12 month clothing! We can't seem to keep up with her! At least we got a good deal at Costco for the car seat since most places were at least $160++ for the same car seat.

We also had my nephews birthday party out of town so that was a bit of money. But good news is my sister will be giving us her old stroller so we can try to sell DD's stroller and infant car seat travel system together and not have to buy a new one since we still want to buy a second car seat when we have a bit more money.

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49

Thread Information