Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By AmandaP2014
  • 2 Post By MrsSunshine
  • 1 Post By super807

Thread: Ho do you price match?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ok I am a huge sale junkie but I have never priced matched. What do you do? Bring a flyer and show them it's cheaper somewhere else? How do you know the store price matches? I get embarrassed easily. I can see myself feeling stupid..

Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    walkonby likes this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

very easy. take a current store ad with you, circle the item/s your pricematching so cashier can see clearly. take the items and put them on the grocery belt. the cashier will take the ad, see the circled item make sure the date is current...
    done.. that easy. if you have more than one item in the flyer. make sure they know so they don't just toss it into the rest of your groceries and keep going.
    i've also PM'd on my tablet or phone if I don't have a flyer. as long as you show a pic of the flyer, the date and the item clearly. shouldn't be a problem.
    Mia001 and walkonby like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

yep, it's that easy!
    I love couponing!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Some stores price match, like RCSS, FreshCo and Walmart, other stores don't, like Food Basics, Sobey's, Metro, Loblaws, YIG.

When price matching, make sure that the product you pick up to price match matches the other ad exactly. It needs to be the same brand, size and sometimes specific variety, but sometimes not same variety. I like to be organized and not look through the flyer in the store, so I write down the size of the item on my grocery list so that I am getting the right thing.

The format in which the item is sold matters. If an item is being sold with a per pound price at the store where you are shopping, and the ad in the flyer you want to match is stated as per item, then generally, you can't price match (learnt this with bell peppers at RCSS, but definitely applies to meat as well).

Again, to be organized, I arrange my items in my cart. Things that I am pricing to the Food Basics flyer, I place on top of that flyer. Stuff from the Walmart flyer goes on top of that. Love shopping carts with two levels, cause I put the non price matched items on bottom level, and arrange the priced matched ones by flyer on the top level. Then at the cash I put all the non priced matched items on the belt first, then unload priced matched one, in a small grouping, and place flyer on top. Leave a bit of space between the items from different flyers, and that helps the cashier too. I also circle the item in the flyer. Makes it easier for me and for the cashier to find the item in the flyer. Cashiers have told me they appreciate that.

A suggestion: the first time you price match, try it with only three or four items per flyer, using maybe two or three flyers total. That will give you an opportunity to create a system that works well for you and you won't end up feeling disorganized or embarrassed. The first time my sister price matched, she had everything in a jumble, didn't know what went with what flyer and it took forever. She felt really embarrassed. Fortunately for her, the woman in line behind her was really patient and pleasant and didn't get upset. That woman was really encouraging, and so my sister didn't give up, was more organized the next time and it has been easy for her ever since.
    GoJays likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well the stores i shop at price match already so i dont worry about that.
    Oh Yay What a Great Freebie! Quote by Gradi O'Connell 2013

Thread Information