User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I signed up to be a mystery shopper last year. I got approved and get emails regularly. I have never gone to a job though...What is the experience like?

Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Old threads say not too bad, just depends on the company and what you end up doing

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaP2014 View Post
    I signed up to be a mystery shopper last year. I got approved and get emails regularly. I have never gone to a job though...What is the experience like?

Thanks
    Hi AmandaP2014
    I currently do mystery shops for three different companies (I do assignments pretty casually, like maybe 3 or so per month). I have had all good experiences, always received payment. I think some people view mystery shopping as a really easy way to make money, however in my opinion it isn't that easy. You have to make sure you are really paying attention and focusing during your shops, and then have to write reports, etc afterwards, usually with quite a bit of detail. You also need to make sure you remember exactly what you are supposed to do, as well as what you cannot do. For some shops there are specific things that will invalidate your assignment. I've found it gets easier after you have done a few.
    The companies I have worked with are Premier Service, Market Force and Spot Check Services.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I've been Ms'ing for over 3 years now. It's a great way to get free stuff especially nice dinners. If you like fast food even better. It's also contract work so the tax benefits of using your home office and/or car are a bonus. If you are a busy person it may not be for you but I managed to do 4-10 shops a month and I also work full-time. Anywhere from 10 minute gas ships to hour long fancy dinners. Husband, co-workers, and friends love it as they get free meals and drinks.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Start by by doing one or two small, low cost ones. Ask the scheduler lots of questions, read all the instructions, and learn from any mistakes. The more you do the easier it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaP2014 View Post

Thanks

Thread Information