User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: am i the only one feeling the same about filing my taxes ''whatever you call it'' ???

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

i'm not done with it

...the worst is the Québec one .....to me, it's like to tango and i don't know how to dance

it gives me nausea....and headache

they make us fill form A-B-C-....etc....then x% of A, y% of B.....etc....then A+B-C x XYZ....
    ok ok maybe it's that i don't like the process .....this is just the way i feel

DH is finish with his and he got the smaller refund that he usually have...
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    madchives and Shirnette like this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

If you are still doing your return using the pencil/paper format, trying using a free software program (see the StudioTax thread just started - it can be used in Québec too). You might find it easier. I used last year for first time, and doing my taxes was soooo much simpler. It does the calculations for you.
    madchives and blueeyetea like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

The first year that I worked in Québec (and lived in Ontario) I messed my taxes up enormously thanks to the two different slips (other provinces don't have two slips from one employer). I under-reported how much income tax I had paid, and ended up paying lots of tax. It took me three years to realize the mistake. Fortunately I was within the limit to make an adjustment, and was able to get the money back. I had made mistakes of different types the following two years also. With a tax software program, some of those mistakes wouldn't have been possible (the tax amount one would have still happened though). I won`t go back to pencil/paper method now that I've used the software.
    madchives and anastasia1009 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Mia, I don't like doing them either. I procrastinate terribly....
    madchives and Shirnette like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

If you see me with my hair sticking up on end, it's probably because I've been working on my taxes. Honestly, it seems like these calculations they ask you for are equivalent to asking you to divide the price of bacon in 1932 by the cumulative age of your children (in months). I even use tax software and it makes me mad! The only reward is that we normally get a refund.
    madchives, Natalka, harbie and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia001 View Post
    i'm not done with it

...the worst is the Québec one .....to me, it's like to tango and i don't know how to dance

it gives me nausea....and headache

they make us fill form A-B-C-....etc....then x% of A, y% of B.....etc....then A+B-C x XYZ....
    ok ok maybe it's that i don't like the process .....this is just the way i feel

DH is finish with his and he got the smaller refund that he usually have...
    With Software & NETFILE its much easier thesedays .

Mine was done in about half an hour with the Tax software ..but I just had a couple of T4's , T5's & stuff like that , so was pretty simple & not too complicated
    madchives likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Nat, i'm like you , when it's time to work with figures, i always try to find something more interesting to do...

i'm done !!! yes!!! ....now , i have to write the final forms and some photocopies.....

you know, it's not really that it's long and hard work for me.....it's just that, i think i'm now alrergic to figures ......+ i always wonder why they can't make it easyer.....
    madchives, Zonny and Shirnette like this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

just use free software. Really easy
    GET $5 OFF Herbal and Nutritional Items Coupon Code: XIF785 http://www.iherb.com Low shipping charges to Canada Save about 30-40% Off retail prices. 14,000+Brand-Name Herbal & Nutritional Items Pay No TAX on items!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Our taxes were horrifying this year. My husband owes in like two grand because he was on EI and they did not take enough off. We have never owed in before, so I don't even know how to handle it. He is still laid off, not even EI coming in any more, so I don't have $2000 to pay them. I am told you can negotiate some pretty low payment agreements with them without being penalized, I am really hoping that is true, otherwise I don't know what we will do.
    madchives likes this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I hate it too..3 yrs behind but will try to get them started this weekend to get back on track...Uuuuugh!
    madchives likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i used to be great at getting money back, but haven't bothered for oh,,,
    10 years, i think - have never seen a gsn rebate so that long.
    not proud, just stating the facts ma'am.
    if you have some spare time

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bdkmosher View Post
    Our taxes were horrifying this year. My husband owes in like two grand because he was on EI and they did not take enough off. We have never owed in before, so I don't even know how to handle it. He is still laid off, not even EI coming in any more, so I don't have $2000 to pay them. I am told you can negotiate some pretty low payment agreements with them without being penalized, I am really hoping that is true, otherwise I don't know what we will do.
    wishing you good luck bd
    bdkmosher likes this.
    if you have some spare time

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bdkmosher View Post
    They never take enough off EI. But they won't expect you to cough up the whole $2K right away, you should be able to make payment arrangements.
    bdkmosher likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@bdmosher-make sure your tax returns are in well before April 30, so no interest accrues on balance owing-see if some payment can be sent in with the return. Look for all tax credits-apply for HST/GST credit and check all of the provincial tax credits, children's credits, medical expenses or donations.
    I see that CRA has changed the threshold for who has to pay taxes by installment-it is $3000, so no quarterly tax installments will be requested from your husband by the CRA.
    http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/t...ts/wh-eng.html
    bdkmosher likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @bdmosher-make sure your tax returns are in well before April 30, so no interest accrues on balance owing-see if some payment can be sent in with the return. Look for all tax credits-apply for HST/GST credit and check all of the provincial tax credits, children's credits, medical expenses or donations.
    I see that CRA has changed the threshold for who has to pay taxes by installment-it is $3000, so no quarterly tax installments will be requested from your husband by the CRA.
    http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/t...ts/wh-eng.html
    What does that mean exactly? Does that mean they won't accept payment arrangements? Or that he can leave it until next year and hope it balances out? Or just pay what he can when he can?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information