User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Oshawa Target Employee~~ ONE bad apple~~ So angry I could spit bullets right now

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Please explain. Why do you loathe this term?
    There are so many reasons why! But my number one reason is because of SCOP! A lot of times customers are uneducated about SCOP and just figure because something "was priced wrong" they are entitled to that product for free. Not always the case. A lot of times lazy customers will return products to their incorrect location and the next person will pick it up thinking it's X amount of dollars when in fact it's not.

Then the customer has the nerve to say WE should be on top of those things. Like we have time to walk behind everyone and make sure they are putting things back in the correct spot. How about the customer make sure the UPC's match the tag they are looking at before they decide to make a scene!

That's just one of the reasons. For the most part customers are great. It's the odd jerk that makes it difficult to appreciate the term "customer is always right"

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    There are so many reasons why! But my number one reason is because of SCOP! A lot of times customers are uneducated about SCOP and just figure because something "was priced wrong" they are entitled to that product for free. Not always the case. A lot of times lazy customers will return products to their incorrect location and the next person will pick it up thinking it's X amount of dollars when in fact it's not.

Then the customer has the nerve to say WE should be on top of those things. Like we have time to walk behind everyone and make sure they are putting things back in the correct spot. How about the customer make sure the UPC's match the tag they are looking at before they decide to make a scene!

That's just one of the reasons. For the most part customers are great. It's the odd jerk that makes it difficult to appreciate the term "customer is always right"
    Loathing that term due to an odd jerk seems a bit excessive.
    Thats a scenario whee the customer wouldnt be right. I also worked retail as an asst hwad cashier and when it wasnt scop it wasnt scop. If someone claimed they found toothpaste in the baby aisle thats obviously not scop. If an employee misses a previous week sale tag and the sale is over it the employee in the dept job to check the tag and as per scop give the item to the customer at a discount of up to $10.
    As a customer shopping in a store you have the right to peruse the aisles as long or as short as you like and to spend as much or as lil as you like as well. In this case the customer is right.
    I have no problem explaining to a customer when they have misunderstood something or are misinformed. If a scene presents itself the store manager or security is called to handle the situation.
    There are too many cashiers who thinks its there job to say yes or no to a customer when its their job to cash out customes and call for help when needed.
    The customer is always right doesnt always ring true but it is every employees job to ensure every customer has a pleasant shopping experoence to keep them coming back for more.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Anna Michele; Mon, Mar 10th, 2014 at 08:41 AM.
    Natalka, CrazyQT, MillieH and 1 others like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They seem to take customer service seriously there so hopefully a complaint that he was rude to you will be effective.
    Shwa Girl and Anna Michele like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Like someone mentioned,they are only doing their job, although some take it to another lever!! I have people follow or look at me and when I think about it it makes sense, I'm looking in my purse for my coupon binder, I'm taking coupons off the shelf and putting them in my purse, I'm looking for my glasses so I can read the small print on the coupons.. I have never taken anything from any store, so since I have nothing to hide it doesn't bother me..but, I guess it comes with age, when you get older you don't care what people think!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavvyLady View Post
    Like someone mentioned,they are only doing their job, although some take it to another lever!! I have people follow or look at me and when I think about it it makes sense, I'm looking in my purse for my coupon binder, I'm taking coupons off the shelf and putting them in my purse, I'm looking for my glasses so I can read the small print on the coupons.. I have never taken anything from any store, so since I have nothing to hide it doesn't bother me..but, I guess it comes with age, when you get older you don't care what people think!!
    Not at the walmart in dartmouth NS. left all bags including diaper bag and purse in car only wallet was with us. And still following us.
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mye400can View Post
    Not at the walmart in dartmouth NS. left all bags including diaper bag and purse in car only wallet was with us. And still following us.
    In your case, I guess I would have a problem with it!
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

When I was shopping at SS someone followed me around the whole store. I didn't even notice. I had kids and a huge grocery list to look after. My DH told me about it later. It didn't bother me 'cause I had nothing to hide.

Some of your stories made me lol though.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavvyLady View Post
    Like someone mentioned,they are only doing their job, although some take it to another lever!!
    I have worked with plain clothes store security. There is an art and a finesse to doing this properly. When I told him he did not need to follow me, he was rude and snarky. He stood out. He should have blended in. Those who do it properly, actually catch the right people and are not obvious. They know how to work it.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by seylz_gurl View Post
    They seem to take customer service seriously there so hopefully a complaint that he was rude to you will be effective.
    You are so right. Here is what they said when I wrote to them:

Dear Shwa Girl,

I'm glad you've taken the time to write us about your experience. We’re sorry you didn't receive the type of service you've come to expect at Target.

The team member behaviour you described isn't part of our guest service philosophy. We expect our team members to help you in a professional manner. Hearing your comments is very important to us, and I’ve shared them with your local Store Leadership team for further review.

While you're in the store, you can always visit Guest Service and ask to speak with the Guest Service Team Leader [GSTL]. They'll do their best to help you. In the meantime, we'll keep working to provide you with the service you deserve.

Thanks for helping us make Target even better.

Sincerely,

John Doe
    Target Guest Relations

www.target.ca

800-440-0680
    I also spoke with the GSTL, and yes, he was extremely helpful. I foresee a good resolution.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

To be honest I'm not sure if they deal with it at store level as well as they would if they get the complaint from head office. I worked csm at fast food and they "usually" dont care as much because it isnt as big of a deal when you come back and we give you something new , etc. USUALLY people suck in terms of what actions to do... sometimes just replacing a burger itself... when I would give the whole combo brand new. But when we get a notification from head office... its like chickens runing around without heads... people get all freaked out because in the end they tally how many you get and its a really big deal... so when you have head office sending these complaints to managers they are more willing to go the extra mile to make you feel better about your experience... that is in my opinion. I've complained to Bestbuy after they wasted over 2 hrs of my time telling me a product was there for me to pick up, while the store I had placed a hold for gave my item away, called their store for 45mins and no one picked up even though I went in store as saw 20 dif employees doing NOTHING. And I didnt bother complaining in store... since they didn't care as much I thought head office should know so I called in and let their hotline know that I wasn't going to buy a laptop from them since they just don't seem to care enough... other retailers will give me better service. within a few days the guy(manager) is calling me back to work out the problem . Although he didn't offer me a good deal or anything worthwhile .. i think i light the fire unders his tushy quite well... SINCE he was the manager who answered my phone call, HAD told me to come in store and it was available, AND was standing there as if he didn't know who I was when I asked an employee NEXT to him where this item was and that I spoke on the phone earlier and a MANAGER told me to come pick it up. Ahh what to do.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I hated going shopping when I was in university... I always felt like I was being watched! At 36, I don't seem to have that problem anymore, but I think that dressing well to go shopping also helps somehow. If you're young, maybe the guy liked you? Don't give up on the Target deals because of one employee!
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I had this happen to me a couple weeks ago at wal mart. "he was sweeping" every where I was, certain aisles 3 times because I decided to do loops He had been sweeping for a while by me and I thought nothing of it until I skipped 6 or 7 aisles I didn't need anything from and so did he. Turns out they've seen me multiple visits, with my hands in my purse throughout my visits ... Showed him my coupon purse that fills the entire portion of the top of it and explained if i see a good deal that I didn't plan on I dig for the coupons so that I don't hold up the line at check out. He was also the cashier I had last month where I had a case of water in the bottom of my cart and forgot til unloading at the car, and I went back in to pay for it, I haven't been back there since.... My other price matching stores are 30 mins away which means I shop at this wm alot, and I dont care. I'll spend my money where I don't have to feel like a criminal
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    I earn $20+ a month using swagbucks, have you joined yet!!?
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/shantayl
    PM me if you have questions or need any help

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shantayl View Post
    My other price matching stores are 30 mins away which means I shop at this wm alot, and I dont care. I'll spend my money where I don't have to feel like a criminal
    Great post.
    Sweeping. LOL.

Good for you-- using other stores. Like Natalka said, you can go where ever you are treated right.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Minou View Post
    If you're young, maybe the guy liked you? Don't give up on the Target deals because of one employee!
    No. He scowled at me from the time I walked in the store. And I was smiling. He saw me laugh with the `fun`Oshawa Target employee that sees me each week. If he was smart, he could see that I know people there and they know me.

You know who likes me -- dirty old men. I say that because after they try to approach me in the store, I see them later at the cash -- with their wives. Ew.
    orchidgirl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post

thx for explaining
    "the customer is always right" gives the business a chance to make things right.
    the phrase should result in a win-win
    the customer leaves feeling better about their deal and about the business
    the business retains a customer and possible increases the number of customers by word of mouth
    or
    by positive comments
    on
    the internet

Like on here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information