User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Mothers who can't respect and accept me.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Happy belated birthday & here is my 2 cents

1. The money was the gift you rec'd from your mom,

2. what you chose to do with it the $ was and is your business after all it was given to you & ps love that back, don't hate it because of your mother/daughter relationship.

3 I think your mom has her own issues and is taking it out on you perhaps or needs to find another hobby besides criticising you for past mistakes, it's water under the bridge.

4. She may be older and your mother but it sounds like she needs to grow up BUT she certainly does not sound wiser!

5. My mom and I personally have our own issues, I pretty well just ignore her, when she calls I try and wrap it up as quickly as possible but I'm always so pissed off, lots of time I let the machine take the calls and don't even call her back. Yesterday for example my ds was supposed to spend the afternoon with both my parents but my parents calls and say come and get him in an hour, dh & I were busy so it ended up being 1 1/2 hours, only to get home to a nasty message , never again is all I can say!

Good luck and truly enjoy your bag as you mention you don't often treat yourself and you shouldn't feel guilty as your responsibilities were paid up

As for your ex, that situation is out of your control so don't worry about what will be or may never happen, life's too short
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I know exactly what you mean. My mother and grandmother are the same way with me and they always have been. They would give me money for my birthday/Christmas (as my birthday is just 2 days before) and then I would "blow" the money on clothes they didn't like or paying down a credit card, rent for the month, etc. suddenly there's expectations about where the money they give me for MY OWN pleasure or needs goes. I get it, I fully do.

It wasn't until I laid down the law with them. They either stop meddling, or they were out completely. I was forced to walk away for my own sanity when I was 15 and can't tell you how many panic attacks and nervous breakdowns I had, but a year later, they got it. Then when I moved out with my ex, it happened again, I warned them and they stopped in their tracks.

Stand your ground, honey. That's the only advice I can give you. Good luck!
    macw1960, idonovan and saddlebag like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I wish you luck in whatever you decide to do. Speaking from experience I have found that it is sometimes better to cut certain family members out of your life and surround yourself with better people. You should also be able to spend your Birthday money how ever you wish. Happy Belated Birthday.
    idonovan likes this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information