User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: *insert witty title here*

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

And yet, a child can buy a lottery ticket in the shape of a coffee cup at Tim Hortons.

(Sorry, separate rant.)
    Shwa Girl and Lyssia510 like this.
    Abuse coupons, not people!

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

As much as it is annoying or whatever if you are older, it is the LAW and do you know how much of a fine it is for any retailer selling lottery or cigarettes to a minor - BIG BUCKS

take it as a compliment that they think you are under 25!!!
    Shwa Girl and angel_2011 like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by renegado View Post
    And yet, a child can buy a lottery ticket in the shape of a coffee cup at Tim Hortons.

(Sorry, separate rant.)
    So true.
    Good point.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    If it makes you and c_mcarther and ogreswife feel better, I had to work in the Smoke Shop at a grocery store. They asked me to check i.d.

First, I hated working in the smoke shop. So I decided to have some fun with the job, as Shwa Girls do sometimes.

I asked everybody for their I.D. Including a 65 year old lady. She blushed and laughed and I had some great conversations with my customers.

So, y`all, I`m just trying to turn a negative into a positive.

Also, I do not work for LOreal or Youth Code. And I don`t own any stock.
    Ghaw Girl, you are so sweet. Being positive and encouraging others on their not so good day. I always read your nice post and I know you are such a wonderful. I thank you for taking the time to share with us...........................
    Shwa Girl and DolceBella like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Aw, I wish this rant was mine, lol.

But yeah, I am just jealous. Such a compliment .
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-wow such a nice compliment -would love that -my daughtr Is 31 and she got her hair cut a few weeks back an the guy thought she was 25-she was so happy-she must get those youthfull genes from me
    TooCouponCrazy likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I hate when this happens. I am 28 but many people think I look about 23, which falls in the "check 25" window. My fiancé, who is 34 gets IDed frequently if he wears a ball cap - otherwise they see the receding hairline and know better
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Just wait until your late 30s or 40s when being called "ma'am" becomes normal (coming from teen cashiers at stores) or you enter retail shops where you seem invisible (staff are teens with the sole person anywhere near middle age might be the lone male stocker or manager if he is on the sales floor).
    Each birthday from 40 onwards have been anywhere from two week stunners (40 was a loop de loop alright; never got around to travelling to Japan by that age or anywhere else really) to two/three day angst situations then I got over them. If anything, the birthdays are teaching me that there is some regret/unresolved matters that linger as I get another year added to my life and my body is not going to go full out like it could two decades ago. That means I have to adjust goals, accept that some things change, and look for opportunities that suit me as I am now (appreciation sayings help with the shift when you feel down-feelings have their own momentuum).
    I am really glad we have Internet and computers or some of the birthdays would be much longer emotional hangovers!
    OP, you recognize turbulence--there is something coming out of it when you get through it.
    Last edited by Ciel; Sun, Mar 16th, 2014 at 06:02 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

OgresWife
    Trading Score
    52 (100%)

lol, I already get ma'am from the "kids" at the timmies next door to work.

Ma'am on one end of the parking lot, ID'd at the liquor store on the other so apparently my works parking lot is a time/space wormhole.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Just wait until your late 30s or 40s when being called "ma'am" becomes normal (coming from teen cashiers at stores) or you enter retail shops where you seem invisible (staff are teens with the sole person anywhere near middle age might be the lone male stocker or manager if he is on the sales floor).
    Each birthday from 40 onwards have been anywhere from two week stunners (40 was a loop de loop alright; never got around to travelling to Japan by that age or anywhere else really) to two/three day angst situations then I got over them. If anything, the birthdays are teaching me that there is some regret/unresolved matters that linger as I get another year added to my life and my body is not going to go full out like it could two decades ago. That means I have to adjust goals, accept that some things change, and look for opportunities that suit me as I am now (appreciation sayings help with the shift when you feel down-feelings have their own momentuum).
    I am really glad we have Internet and computers or some of the birthdays would be much longer emotional hangovers!
    OP, you recognize turbulence--there is something coming out of it when you get through it.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by OgresWife View Post
    Ma'am on one end of the parking lot, ID'd at the liquor store on the other so apparently my works parking lot is a time/space wormhole.....
    Ciel likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information