User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: how to pm with a nokia phone . dont have data either

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    71 (100%)

Can some one plz help me on how to save a flyer..on my nokia lumna phone lol. have no data. hate carrying flyers. thnk u.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vaughngal View Post
    Can some one plz help me on how to save a flyer..on my nokia lumna phone lol. have no data. hate carrying flyers. thnk u.
    Just wanted to ask a question.
    You hate carrying flyers?
    Guess I am really old school~flyers go in the reusable shopping bags, for me.
    And price matching at Home Depot, they wanted to keep the flyer when I price matched Food Basics begonias for $1.44.
    natynat likes this.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I'm not sure what type of phone you have, and how big the screen is, but I had a very hard time PM'ing with my old blackberry. The cashiers said that the screen was too small and even after I zoomed in still said that they couldn't read what it said. Soooo even with my large Samsung Galaxy I still carry flyers. As Shwa Girl said, sometimes they keep the flyer to "prove" to whoever is in charge what they PM'ed and why...although I doubt that it says anywhere that we have to give the flyers to them.

That being said, if you have no data, and the store has no WiFi, it would be impossible for you to get access to the internet and thereby show the flyer. Unless you have a Internet-for-the-day package...which seems like a waste of money to me. IF the store DOES have free WiFi, then you just need to log in and do whatever you have to do to access the online flyer. I haven't come across grocery stores with WiFi, however, unless they are situated in a mall that offers the service.

The other thing you could do, if you really don't want to bring the flyers, is snap a picture of the flyer with your phone. Although, once again, this would be a headache...in my opinion anyway.

Well, hope this helps...
    Last edited by natynat; Thu, Mar 13th, 2014 at 05:38 PM.
    Complete quick surveys and cash out at every $20. Receive a cheque, deposit it into your bank. That easy! https://legerweb.com/2Q7V3

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    71 (100%)

yes I do,but not in a bad way. never tried pm'ing with a phone n wanted to esp wm pm'ing Canada wide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Just wanted to ask a question.
    You hate carrying flyers?
    Guess I am really old school~flyers go in the reusable shopping bags, for me.
    And price matching at Home Depot, they wanted to keep the flyer when I price matched Food Basics begonias for $1.44.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

yes I do,but not in a bad way. never tried pm'ing with a phone n wanted to esp wm pm'ing Canada wide.
    Aaahhh. Wally World. I see now.
    vaughngal likes this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

free wifi or not...if your phone isn't set up with a data connection it wont work even with the wifi.
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Does it use android? I use an app called , once you view the flyers at home using wifi, you can view them again offline.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    71 (100%)

what is the name of th app plz? its nokia phone. the last time I had a cell phone was 2006 lol and I just this nokia phone almost 2mnths ago so not sure if its adroid lol. However my b/f has an ipod. so if u tell me the name of the app, and how to save and all that, it will be very helpful. thnx
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveCpn View Post
    Does it use android? I use an app called , once you view the flyers at home using wifi, you can view them again offline.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshyne1 View Post
    free wifi or not...if your phone isn't set up with a data connection it wont work even with the wifi.

Not at all true. You can buy an Android phone without so much as a sim card and it will still connect to Wifi. It will act basically like a pocket sized tablet.

I've bought cheap Android phones brand new... I never activated them, and never even installed the sim card. I used them as inexpensive Android music players, connected them to wifi to install apps from the Google Play store and updated the OS.
    natynat and vaughngal like this.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

Your Nokia Lumia is a Windows phone not Android

And FYI if you can download the App "R e e b e e " I am pretty sure that would work

I just turned off my Wifi and my Data on my Blackberry and I am still able to view the flyers in the App

FYI the app name is a banned name on SC so it is all one word squished together , can you connect to Wifi somewhere to download it though?
    Last edited by Peachykeen2007; Sat, Mar 15th, 2014 at 11:46 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    71 (100%)

yeah I do use wifi when am @ home or anywhere that has wifi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachykeen2007 View Post
    Your Nokia Lumia is a Windows phone not Android

And FYI if you can download the App "R e e b e e " I am pretty sure that would work

I just turned off my Wifi and my Data on my Blackberry and I am still able to view the flyers in the App

FYI the app name is a banned name on SC so it is all one word squished together , can you connect to Wifi somewhere to download it though?
    Peachykeen2007 likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

what is the name of th app plz? its nokia phone. the last time I had a cell phone was 2006 lol and I just this nokia phone almost 2mnths ago so not sure if its adroid lol. However my b/f has an ipod. so if u tell me the name of the app, and how to save and all that, it will be very helpful. thnx
    App is called , I use on my android phone, not sure if there is an version for apple.
    You don't need to save the flyers. Just view the flyers you are interested in at home with wifi, the app save them automatically for you to view offline.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LoveCpn View Post
    App is called , I use on my android phone, not sure if there is an version for apple.
    You don't need to save the flyers. Just view the flyers you are interested in at home with wifi, the app save them automatically for you to view offline.
    Just read Peachy's post, thanks!! So it is The system that takes off the app name every time I post... The 1st time, i thought i might had a typo....The 2nd time it happened, i almost thought I've gone crazy! Lol....

As peachy mentioned, the app is called "Ree bee"...
    Last edited by LoveCpn; Sun, Mar 16th, 2014 at 07:16 PM.
    Peachykeen2007 likes this.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

^^ ya there is words that are not allowed on SC and it will just vanish them

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    71 (100%)

I tried the ree.bee app, but not my nokia luma 520. hank yll

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information