User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Wondering how others keep track of prices

2 tired 2 b creative here CanadianCouponCollector's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Here's mine (you're welcome to use it). I update it when I can and it's shared publicly, but prices vary across Canada so don't get too attached to them.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5M...it?usp=sharing
    lecale and TooCouponCrazy like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wish I used a spreadsheet. It would be much more organized. I just keep it in my head, try and keep my coupons as organized as possible and, of course, read all the great deals people kindly post on the forums.
    krysta lynne and Anna Michele like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 24th, 2015 at 11:21 AM.
    Anna Michele and Shirnette like this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I'm pretty organized but have no time for Spreadsheet.Yours is awesome Lecale.I usually memorize stuff & have recently started using sale whale to tell me the brands that I use that are on sale. I use a grocery list religiously that indicate which store is being price matched & what i have cpns to facilitate a smooth transaction at the cash register.I also use various forums on SC website to help me.
    Last edited by Shirnette; Sat, Mar 22nd, 2014 at 02:28 PM.
    lecale and Anna Michele like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This might not be directly related, but it certainly helps in finding sale prices. I use an app called "Flip" which has all the flyers for your region uploaded each week and there is a search tab, where you can type the item you are looking for and it will provide you with results of what stores the items are on sale (essentially bring up the part of the flyer where the item is located). You can "clip" that item by tapping on it and it goes under the "clippings section" where all your highlighted items are organized by store. Hope that made sense and comes handy.
    Anna Michele and web3 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Yes, for me it's in my head. I have a good idea of how much to pay for things in general (although I think my mental estimates are becoming a bit unreasonable, as prices rise).

Awhile back, No Frills had Catelli spaghetti sauce on for $1. A normal sale price for that here is about $2+. DH thought i was nuts for making a fairly long trip on the bus to buy over a dozen (plus other things). But well, we just used the last one this weekend, without anything expiring!
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

I use SaleWhale but I find it is "missing" a lot of items that I know are on sale, when searching for them.
    I have found an app called "" and when you search for an item it takes you right to the flyer and the page the item is on, great for price matching.
    For the most part, the prices are in my head and knowing a good deal has come with time and seeing flyers week after week.
    I do have a little piece of paper I keep in my coupon binder where I write my "best" price I have got on staple items in our house. Because sometimes couponing makes my head hurt, lol

Ruler of my own universe DeeBuck's Avatar
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Thank you so much everyone. And to Lecale and
    CanadianCouponCollector, for letting me see how you organize things.

I was going by just keeping track in my head before, but I am going to blame baby brain as my reason for going off budget so much. Also thanks for telling me about the app and other website I will check them out. Thank you again so much

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think keeping track of prices is half the battle. Once you've been keeping track of prices for a while, you eventually know not only the best price, but when it's going to come up as a sale. The idea is to stock up when it's on sale to last until the next sale. For example, boneless chicken breasts at the store I shop at come up for sale at $2.99/lb every 4 weeks. If I use one package a week, then I'll buy 4 packages to last 4 weeks. The following week, the money you would have used to buy one's week worth of chicken at full price can be used towards something else on sale. Eventually, you get into the groove of cooking from the panty where your costs are kept as low as you possibly can.

Oh, another thing. Don't be fooled into believing everything showing up in flyers is on sale. Flyers are also meant to move products, so they put in there to increase sales at higher mark-ups.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information