User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: list of Shoppers locations to be closed :(

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Me too thinking same thing, planning to visit back home for 3,4 months, so I should use all my points before leaving, don't want don't want that when in Aug. will came back to Canada have useless optimum card.
    And I'm also thinking about all the rain of personalized and mail out coupon from last few months that SDM's current administration wants to stay in our good memories after captured by Loblaws. As it won't be same then. And we all will remember those good old days of optimum points and redemption and all the expensive stuff got b/c of points otherwise couldn't afford lol. funny but sad
    Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Sad for the small communities. Here nobody would notice. Wonder if the government did some kind of per capita math. But closing the only SDM in a community is going to harm competition, not improve it.

I think I'm gonna start cashing out my Optimum points and stop with points programs altogether. I hate, hate, Loblaws and their stupid non-functioning PC Plus. Now the worst store could ruin the best store
    torontogal12 likes this.
    Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

If it's not possible to gift your points to a charity in your community, maybe a last shop using your points to buy something for the cause of your choice would be a way to wrap up the program involvement.

If Rexall does come and buy Shoppers' sites, Rexall offers coupons like save $5 when you buy $25 via e-mail.
    Last edited by Ciel; Sun, Mar 23rd, 2014 at 01:16 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

THANK GOODNESS!! My store is safe...I would feel naked without my SDM!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It is not Loblaws that is doing this. It has to do with the federal competition bureau. I think I will start cashing in my points as well and not keep so many just in case.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sirandrewr View Post
    It is not Loblaws that is doing this. It has to do with the federal competition bureau. I think I will start cashing in my points as well and not keep so many just in case.
    This is true. Just wished they closed the YIG pharmacy instead of Shoppers.

Still boycotting Loblaws. Call me when the PC Plus program I am stuck with in town comes close to the Optimum Program. Or give me a No Frills. Not a marked up YIG or Foodland.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

good lord.. looking at the list, it appears that they are closing the ones in smaller communities.. There are so many SDMs in this city, none are closing.
    luckbealady likes this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Not one store in Quebec is closing.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Sorry for the smaller community losing stores. I'm thankful that our stores are "safe".

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    I see Zehrs pharmacy in Listowel is on the list too. Guess I`ll be switching to Walmart.
    I'm actually more surprised to see about the No Frills in Elmira - always seems busy there!
    Crochetlady likes this.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Sorry to hear that OP : ( Guess they aren't making enough money in the small communities (Shame on them!)

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Our Shoppers is very busy,and I'm sure they make LOTS of money.They can hardly keep the dairy cooler stocked.However, there is an Extra Foods at the Tsain Ko mall on Sechelt First Nation lands a sort distance away,and I think that's why the Competition Bureau chose our town

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information