User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Secured credit card

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    Home Trust Visa has a no fee secured visa card but the interest rate is 19.99%. It won't matter to you though if you are just charging and paying off right away.
    No way I am carrying a balance.

I heard that the capital one raises your credit limit (as unsecured too) faster then anyone else. As long as you keep it in good standing of course. Now I can't decide whether to get the capital one with an annual fee or the home trust without. hmmm....
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Wed, Jan 21st, 2015 at 08:03 AM.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I applied for the capital one card. I was accepted (well, it is a guaranteed mastercard afterall). Now I just wait to see how much of a security deposit I'm going to have to send. The max is $300 apparently. I suspect it will be the max. Either, I'm on the road to fixing my credit!!

Honestly, filing a proposal was the best thing I could have ever done. People can PM me if they ever want to talk about it. I don't regret it for a nanosecond. Despite how crappy my credit is now.
    lecale likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    I applied for the capital one card. I was accepted (well, it is a guaranteed mastercard afterall). Now I just wait to see how much of a security deposit I'm going to have to send. The max is $300 apparently. I suspect it will be the max. Either, I'm on the road to fixing my credit!!

Honestly, filing a proposal was the best thing I could have ever done. People can PM me if they ever want to talk about it. I don't regret it for a nanosecond. Despite how crappy my credit is now.
    I have that one - bad credit from an ex and I got the capital one $300 - no deposit. I love it and never carry a balance. they have never raised it either. Hubby has a Home trust one - they are good too.
    Insane and lecale like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I work at one of the big 5 banks and I refer my clients to capital one. My friend who works at RBC do the same thing. I feel bad for those who cannot get approval from the bank. I used to work at capital one too but it was a collection agency. Me and my friend joke around that we should work for capital one part time with how many businesses we give to them. Can't really do much at the bank if credit is really poor not that we don't want to help.
    Newcomer or no credit is totally different to bad credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by boldjack; Sun, Mar 30th, 2014 at 12:59 PM.
    Insane likes this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Got my capital one card and didn't need to provide a security deposit. Hoping that means I'll be able to re-establish my credit faster and easier.

Getting the capital one card was so easy.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 24th, 2015 at 07:02 PM.
    Insane likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    I have that one - bad credit from an ex and I got the capital one $300 - no deposit. I love it and never carry a balance. they have never raised it either. Hubby has a Home trust one - they are good too.
    I had a secured card from Capital one - after having it for 2 years and making regular payments more than the minimum consistently for 12 months in a row they changed my card from a secured card to a gold card and returned my security deposit last spring. It was a nice surprise at the time because I had heard from others that they had to fight Capital one to give them back their security deposits.

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    Got my capital one card and didn't need to provide a security deposit. Hoping that means I'll be able to re-establish my credit faster and easier.

Getting the capital one card was so easy.
    Congrats!! My credit has been improving in the last 2 years. I broke it (i was down to a score of around 497) but have been doing very well at paying everything in full...and paying off loans that i had. Its been a good good feeling to check my credit report and see the number going up. Although in Feb i requested a limit raise on my card...and my score dropped by 17 points. i wasn't late for payments and didnt miss any so i figure the request HAS to be what dropped it in fact...i even successfully paid off my student loan that month with the bank so it technically should have gone up.
    Insane likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information