User Tag List

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree3696Likes

Thread: Showers of Savings - April 2014 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvToUseCoupons View Post
    Nancy, I just want to take the time to say a big "thank you" for keeping this thread going....
    I'm sure it's not always easy, but you do it, and for that I say thank you .

Happy April all, not sure what this month will bring, a couple of unexpected bills to deal with, but I've learn to just roll with the punches, so I'll just be shopping from my own fridge/freezer, and pantry/cupboards.
    Hope it a good month for all of you.
    Off to do some laundry, glad to see the temperature raising .
    Oh you're very welcome I love the thread and you gals make being frugal so much easier .

Glad to hear you are rolling with the punches, life sometimes throws us unexpected bills and situations which are not what we want but how we deal with them is what makes life more enjoyable & easier.

Enjoy your day and keep the positive attitude
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvToUseCoupons View Post
    Nancy and Nat...hope your DH's back feels better soon.
    Nancy we love pull pork, we have it at least once per month sometimes twice, I find the difference in knowing what part of the pork to buy, some parts are better for pull pork.
    I'm sure he'll do fine, and it will turn out delicious .
    Thanks I hope it turns out, I can tell you it's starting to smell really good!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

ok gals, I have a 15Lb (about that) turkey in the deep freeze. I want to cook it Friday evening so I can clean it and put in a container in a fridge so it will be an easy turkey dinner Sat night (thinking of surprising my sister and BIL with dinner Sat so will be easier to transport this way for the hour drive)
    Question is, When should I take it out of freezer to defrost? Now? tonight?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

yeah! Grandma received the chapmans coupon I ordered and sent to her house. She didn't even open the envelope and figured it was me when she gave it to me

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Laundry is blowing in the wind outside, if still damp I will hang on the clothes rack and inside clothesline as we are on track with the laundry and don't really want to use the dryer (like yesterday).

Jadens's pulled pork is smelling fantastic , we'll keep you all posted on the reviews

I have been craving sweets so I may just make a cake or maybe some cookies, time will tell .

Took pictures & posted new items for sale on facebook group as we now gigabytes for the month didn't want to go over and have to pay $1.00 per gigabyte

Enjoy the sunshine everyone

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I would take the turkey out now because they seem to take forever to defrost in the fridge and then I usually finish it off defrosting in cold water for a few hrs before I cook it. I went out and stocked up on some groceries for the family as I leave early Sat a.m. for 15 days and I am the most economical grocery shopper in our household. Of course DH will have to buy some fresh things for himself and the girls while I am gone but I loaded the freezer and pantry with all the sale priced staples I could find. I best get started on a trial packing run rather than leaving it until Fri night! Best wishes for a speedy recovery to all those who are currently on the sick or injured list.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Wed, Apr 2nd, 2014 at 12:52 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

natalka -hope you hubby will feel better -nice for you 2 to spend time together

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thanks! I should have taken it out when I was home at lunch so will have to afterwork!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just picked up 3 packages of fresh strawberries for my boys for lunches. Total cost was $2.91! (price matched NF for $1.97 and used 3 x $1 off fresh berries coupons)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My selling crap jar is at $103.00 and have a pick up pending for $12 (she is good for it and a regular lol)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I checked out the flyers that have already been posted and other than Ground Beef at No Frills for $2.44/lb it looks like yet again mostly only Chicken and Pork on sale for a good price. Mom is going to Costco today so she is going to see what they have in the way of beef. Thinking this weekend might have to do a major clean of the freezer and maybe just maybe I can find some beef we forgot we had, normally I hate it when this happens but right now I would be so happy to find some. Really hoping that once we get some nice weather and it is BBQ season beef will go on sale.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yeah I'm disappointed too that No Frills is the only one with it on and not the best price either. May get one family tray to make up taco meat and a few burger patties then wait for a better sale.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I'm going to really shop from the freezer the next while and get it cleaned out for the BBQ sales I'm hoping for. Have 2 turkeys so will make one this Friday night for sure for the weekend. Bag with porkchops think I will pull them out tonight and put in the slow cooker in the morning. I will make rice tonight and fries for the kids tomorrow and make a ceaser salad and pull green beans from the freezer. There, Tomorrow nights dinner is planned!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Some of you may remember me posting about my provincial medical coverage paying a lower % in 2013 than it should have. I was finally able to track down some sort of answer this morning. I now need to submit a copy of our pharmacy's print off because they have agreed to give me some type of refund for July-Dec 2013. My % was 52% when it really should have been 22%. She will personally do what she can and will mail out a refund on April 21st. I'll take what I can get. They are unable to do Jan-June 2013 because that is the first half of their fiscal year & inaccessible, of sorts, I hopefully figured out how to avoid these issues in the future.

I went for a walk with a friend and his dog at lunch time today. I collected about $1.50 in bottles and cans, plus 10c CT money. My friend stopped at a corner store and bought treats for everyone (myself, himself, the dog, and his girlfriend). I dealt with too much bureaucracy (3 different sources) this morning and needed to get into a better frame of mind. After I am done posting this I plan on writing my 3page paper. I also have one last chapter to read from my textbook for Monday's class. Then it will be time to start preparing for my 40% final exam that is 2.5wks away. I suggested to dh that we could all go swimming on Saturday if I am done enough school work. This same friend plans on joining us if we go. We haven't gone swimming in about 2 months.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I hope everyone have a great day,not so much for me today.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information