User Tag List

Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
Like Tree3696Likes

Thread: Showers of Savings - April 2014 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning, all!

Oh, Insane, I feel badly for you feeling badly... It is more unusual for a child to have lactose intolerance. But it's at least good that he tested with just having an intolerance, rather than an allergy - because that would limit the foods so much more.
    Perhaps seeing a nutritionist would be of some help for you.

For me, I don't seem to get upset by little amounts which happen to be in other foods - whey, casein, etc. - and I can have one (plastic) cheese slice, for example.

Well, it snowed a bit yesterday, and more overnight, but it should get to around zero today.
    I have to get my behind in gear with Easter prep!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

good morning. so glad Nat bumped this. trying to find it and busy doing some networking
    question for you ladies..... would you pay in advance for a custom made wreath that I make.
    I'm trying to figure out how to take orders, make these wreaths and not lose out. the ones i've already made i'm trying to clear out for $20 (YIKES i know) but they are taking over my dining room. with the advertising i've been doing to clear them im getting custom orders. with that i don't get the prices i was when making them as I was buying materials on sale, (with 50% off coupons) and my family was helping me by going in an using them at multiple locations to acquire the amount i needed.
    if i go in as is and buy the products off the shelf im paying full price. i just dont' want to lose customers due to this.
    what do you ladies think? also. would you do and just want your money back and create the wreath. or would you want to make a profit? how much? OI!
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

anyway.. its going to be a busy week. I'm actually taking a 'weeks holiday' for easter. starting tomorrow. were going out for our anniversary for lunch, then friday im going to dinner with my parents and siblings. then saturday im meeting a customer, sunday is easter. Monday im heading to a sale. holy cow the week is going to fly.. but im going to have a blast
    hope everyone else has a great weekend. and Easter. we actually bought the boys gifts. haven't done that in a while. they are each getting an egg. (remember the ones that you write on. my word we used to get them as gifts when I was younger. they haven't changed). plus a really cool t-shirt each. nothing fancy. but at least its something.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    good morning. so glad Nat bumped this. trying to find it and busy doing some networking
    question for you ladies..... would you pay in advance for a custom made wreath that I make.
    I'm trying to figure out how to take orders, make these wreaths and not lose out. the ones i've already made i'm trying to clear out for $20 (YIKES i know) but they are taking over my dining room. with the advertising i've been doing to clear them im getting custom orders. with that i don't get the prices i was when making them as I was buying materials on sale, (with 50% off coupons) and my family was helping me by going in an using them at multiple locations to acquire the amount i needed.
    if i go in as is and buy the products off the shelf im paying full price. i just dont' want to lose customers due to this.
    what do you ladies think? also. would you do and just want your money back and create the wreath. or would you want to make a profit? how much? OI!
    Mrs Sunshine,
    It is a tough position if the people that are ordering your wreaths see you clearing your premade ones at 20.00.However you need to make profit,could you explain to them that this is your old stock you are clearing out and then let them know your 'regular price'. I also would charge a deposit of 50%, and explain the item is made for them and would be difficult to sell because tastes and colour choices vary?

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

actually thriftgranny. i've already posted that. i just haven't made the actual comment regarding the money down yet. once i've confirm all my orders i think i will. id hate to put the time and money out of my own pocket to have them change their mind.
    so far i have 10 orders. WOW.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

actually thriftgranny. i've already posted that. i just haven't made the actual comment regarding the money down yet. once i've confirm all my orders i think i will. id hate to put the time and money out of my own pocket to have them change their mind.
    so far i have 10 orders. WOW.
    That is awesome Mrs. Sunshine, sounds like your off to the races!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@ Mrs. S. I wouldn't take a loss on your wreaths you made, you got make a little is my 2 cents. As for taking orders I would ask for 50% deposit non-refundable. And congrats on your wedding anniversary tomorrow.
    Crochetlady and SassyAshley like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I think asking for payment or a down payment to cover costs is completely reasonable when it is something custom made.

This is how I look at it if it is premade you made it and whether I buy it or not you already made it, if it custom made you are making it my specs/requests and it is being made for me and only me and will probably lead to you needing to purchase materials you may not have on hand, therefore at least those costs should be covered (if you ask for a down payment) or if you ask for full payment again you are making it my specs/requests therefore the likelihood of someone else wanting exactly what I wanted is slim to none so it is like anything else custom made I order it, it is mine I have to pay for it. When something is custom order most places at least require a deposit for the exact reason of it is made to order and they do not want to be stuck with it if you change you mind. So I say you have every right to ask for a down payment or even payment in full.

Congrats on the wedding anniversary. Hope you have a wonderful lunch
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Wed, Apr 16th, 2014 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Added more
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hello Everyone. This week is flying by. Crazy busy every night after work but soon Friday will be here . Pulled a lasagna from the freezer that we made awhile ago for dinner tonight. Tomorrow night is DS's hockey banquet so he gets pizza. Everyone else can eat leftovers from the past few days. Will figure out the weekend menu. Turkey with family one day. Looked at the flyers for weekend, think only really want eggs (1.75 at FB) and asparagus $1.97 LB somewhere. Will grab burger buns so we can bbq the patties I made at some point Good week to eat from the freezer, still have lots of pork and chicken breasts etc.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

MrsS I learned the hard way to always get a deposit on orders. I made a huge ruffled doily for someone years ago and got stuck with it.
    As for clearing out current stock, I still like to make a profit even if it is much smaller than regular price. I also buy a lot of my supplies on sale but that`s not always possible so your prices need to be based on paying regular price for the supplies.

Congrats on your anniversary tomorrow.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Good morning everyone!
    Yesterday was the big day!
    Here is a short video I made:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X5JSZs0n20

Blog updated also. Going to see what you have all been up to.....

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Morning Ladies,

The snow is melting, thank goodness but it's still quite cold outside.

I changed my mind about the recipe I was going to make and ending up making this one instead, I can't remember why I made a change but there was a good reason at the time .

So here is the link to the one I made I believe it was my 2nd choice and well dh & ds1 gave me a 5 out 5 and dh said it's just as good as the Chinese restaurant dish .

http://www.dishingwithleslie.blogspo...ith-fried.html

Here are a few tips or suggestions if you will. DO NOT double the sauce as it's not needed (I read the reviews and some people said it was not enough sauce and well that's not true). IF you want to speed up the process I would cook your chicken in the am or even the night before so that you just need to make the sauce. Also I didn't use an egg as I only had one and at the 1/2 way mark when turning the chicken in the sauce in the oven which I don't think was necessary BUT then again I doubled the sauce (don't double the sauce - lol) and I turned the heat up to 350 at the 1/2 way mark. I would definitely make this again but it's not something I would make every 2 weeks, maybe 1 time a month but IT was DELICIOUS, I serve with normal white rice.

DS1 has his dinner in the crockpot as it's his turn to cook again , spaghetti sauce with sausage & ground beef, the house smells so good. I will post my reviews on here later after supper .
    Here's the recipe if anyone wants to try it.
    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/457608012109852542/

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    Good morning everyone!
    Yesterday was the big day!
    Here is a short video I made:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X5JSZs0n20

Blog updated also. Going to see what you have all been up to.....
    oh Trish, he looks for happy, he seems to have enjoys the sparklers on the cake and everything else .

The video was so wonderful and you are a special mom and should be so proud that you reached your goal to make Timothy understand how truly important he is to you and everyone else around world AND to have enjoyed his birthday.

I do apologize if my card did not reach him in time but it should be arriving anyday (me bad) I was so busy bumping and posting on facebook and I know several people who did send cards & repost my posts of requests and links to your awesome & colorful blog my friend.

Thanks for sharing Timothy with the world.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Nancy we got it!
    Others from this thread too thanks so much for taking the time

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Morning Ladies,

The snow is melting, thank goodness but it's still quite cold outside.

I changed my mind about the recipe I was going to make and ending up making this one instead, I can't remember why I made a change but there was a good reason at the time .

So here is the link to the one I made I believe it was my 2nd choice and well dh & ds1 gave me a 5 out 5 and dh said it's just as good as the Chinese restaurant dish .

http://www.dishingwithleslie.blogspo...ith-fried.html

Here are a few tips or suggestions if you will. DO NOT double the sauce as it's not needed (I read the reviews and some people said it was not enough sauce and well that's not true). IF you want to speed up the process I would cook your chicken in the am or even the night before so that you just need to make the sauce. Also I didn't use an egg as I only had one and at the 1/2 way mark when turning the chicken in the sauce in the oven which I don't think was necessary BUT then again I doubled the sauce (don't double the sauce - lol) and I turned the heat up to 350 at the 1/2 way mark. I would definitely make this again but it's not something I would make every 2 weeks, maybe 1 time a month but IT was DELICIOUS, I serve with normal white rice.

DS1 has his dinner in the crockpot as it's his turn to cook again , spaghetti sauce with sausage & ground beef, the house smells so good. I will post my reviews on here later after supper .
    Here's the recipe if anyone wants to try it.
    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/457608012109852542/
    Sounds delicious! DS helped me make the Italian sausage meatballs and spaghetti last night. DH wasn't a fan and complained the entire dinner as he doesn't like sausage with his spaghetti he said, and I tried the hunts thick n rich four cheese sauce and he said all he could taste was foot cheese. Oh well me and DS both loved it!!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread Information