Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree3696Likes

Thread: Showers of Savings - April 2014 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Welcome to Showers of Savings the 2014 edition of Frugal Chatter,

May It Be Frugal by LuvToUseCoupons
    This thread is currently associated with: Value Village, Walmart
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Mon, Apr 28th, 2014 at 05:15 PM.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Good morning everyone,

Dusted off the slow cooker (lol) and ds1 (jaden) put everything together in the crock pot for his pulled pork which we will have for dinner tonight I ended up having everything on hand and took out pork for the bbq but he said I'm making pulled pork right? So I will update you on how it turned out, never had pulled pork and to be honest I'm kinda of scared that it's going to taste like sloppy joes but hoping it will be good so that he is encouraged to continue cooking but all in all this is a life lesson that not everyone will not like/enjoy what you make and it's not nice to complain and ALSO to learn their way(s) around the kitchen

Last night Jaden asked me to show him how to work the Panini press so I think he is getting the point for fending for himself and that the kitchen is not a restaurant with 24 hour service.

Hubby is home again today, he is still super dizzy so hopefully he feels better by the end of the week.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

It's great that you are getting your son to cook, I know it paid off to have my son learn his way around the kitchen right from when he was little - and now that he's on his own, he's cooking lots.

Hope everyone has a great day! My husband will be home for a few days, so it will be great to have some company! But I wish it were for a nicer reason than him having a hurt back...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good for you ar! Pulled pork is awesome!
    This past weekend we realized how much we've really changed. We had a guest here who wanted to dine out or get take out all the time. We just kept on saying why bother, we can cook a nice meal at home.
    We try to cook meals at home 95% of the time now. It's taken awhile but really starting to notice a buffer in our budget every month Take out is expensive!
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Great that your DS1 is excited to cook.

Hope your DH feels better

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Good morning everyone,

Dusted off the slow cooker (lol) and ds1 (jaden) put everything together in the crock pot for his pulled pork which we will have for dinner tonight I ended up having everything on hand and took out pork for the bbq but he said I'm making pulled pork right? So I will update you on how it turned out, never had pulled pork and to be honest I'm kinda of scared that it's going to taste like sloppy joes but hoping it will be good so that he is encouraged to continue cooking but all in all this is a life lesson that not everyone will not like/enjoy what you make and it's not nice to complain and ALSO to learn their way(s) around the kitchen

Last night Jaden asked me to show him how to work the Panini press so I think he is getting the point for fending for himself and that the kitchen is not a restaurant with 24 hour service.

Hubby is home again today, he is still super dizzy so hopefully he feels better by the end of the week.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Hope you hubby feels better, back pain is horrible most of our family has back issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    It's great that you are getting your son to cook, I know it paid off to have my son learn his way around the kitchen right from when he was little - and now that he's on his own, he's cooking lots.

Hope everyone has a great day! My husband will be home for a few days, so it will be great to have some company! But I wish it were for a nicer reason than him having a hurt back...

2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hope you love the pull porked! I usually do but last time I made it it did not turn out like usual so not sure how I screwed up.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tonight's plan is to get going on the housework/Spring cleaning so I'm ready to be outside puttering around once the nice weather is here.
    Have seeds for DS to plant in pot this weekend

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-I am cleaning fridge out this morning

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Nancy and Natalka, I hope your hubbys get better soon.

I`ll be heading out shortly to get groceries. Don`t think I need a lot but have a few PC Plus offers I want to take advantage of.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Jas. your so lucky your son has interest. hope your dinner is amazing. im sure it'll be great.

my 'wall' is nearly gone. id say by the end of the week i should be able to see right through the backyard.
    did ok yesterday at a local sale. my son wants to go back today. but at this point im just waiting for the other one to get back home. he went to school to get some paper work done. his work called and wants him tonite. sure hope he's ready. he has to leave in a few hours no matter what.

anyway. debating on going back with my oldest, so he can have a look around or waiting til tomorrow and getting some things done around here.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Nancy, I just want to take the time to say a big "thank you" for keeping this thread going....
    I'm sure it's not always easy, but you do it, and for that I say thank you .

Happy April all, not sure what this month will bring, a couple of unexpected bills to deal with, but I've learn to just roll with the punches, so I'll just be shopping from my own fridge/freezer, and pantry/cupboards.
    Hope it a good month for all of you.
    Off to do some laundry, glad to see the temperature raising .

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thanks for the good wishes for my husband! He got hurt about a month ago, went through massages, acupuncture and cupping - to no avail, so he had an evaluation at physio and starts treatments there tomorrow - he's got a badly pinched nerve, which is complicated with his previous injury of his broken back, with compressed vertebrae.

It's 9:30 a.m. and he's already bored, lol!

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Nancy and Nat...hope your DH's back feels better soon.
    Nancy we love pull pork, we have it at least once per month sometimes twice, I find the difference in knowing what part of the pork to buy, some parts are better for pull pork.
    I'm sure he'll do fine, and it will turn out delicious .

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post

sorry to hear about your hubbies back, hope it gets better soon and enjoy the company.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    Good for you ar! Pulled pork is awesome!
    This past weekend we realized how much we've really changed. We had a guest here who wanted to dine out or get take out all the time. We just kept on saying why bother, we can cook a nice meal at home.
    We try to cook meals at home 95% of the time now. It's taken awhile but really starting to notice a buffer in our budget every month Take out is expensive!
    Great news that you are eating at home more often than before, it certainly does have a big impact on your budget that's for sure, keep up the great work and who knows your frugal ways of thinking and changes may rub off on others

Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information