User Tag List

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Has anyone ever had sdm deduct points on their statement? I have not returned any of my purchases. They had -2,000ish points from me! I am so mad. I called RBC and they said those were the point data sdm had sent them and forwarded me to sdm optimum line.
    The rep I spoke with said he had filed my complaint and to call back in a week or so to check if they have reimbursed me the points.
    Am I even going to get my points back?
    Has anyone experienced this before?
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by paperclipc; Thu, Apr 3rd, 2014 at 08:33 PM. Reason: title

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Have you heard back yet? My sister in law had 10,000 taken off and another friend had 3000 deducted. weird

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No I still haven't heard back from sdm or rbc. I had called back rbc and the guy hung up on me so I called sdm and they said its rbc who had requested the deduction. On the other hand rbc is telling me its sdm who gives them the points.
    I was so annoyed having to go back and forth I called back rbc and they saidbthey were having an issue with the points, they are looking into this and will be correcting it. When asked when it will be resolved, she has no idea.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had -9,714 deducted in my last statement - weird I should call RBC about the same issue.
    Alberta Auto, Home, Business and Travel Insurance Broker
    http://www.1upinsurance.com/

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    Have you heard back yet? My sister in law had 10,000 taken off and another friend had 3000 deducted. weird
    Are they using the RBC Optimum cc too? If so, that would pretty much narrow this down to an RBC issue.

I've never had points taken back from my account - I only use the regular Optimum card.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

MY SIL called RBC and it's their issue. RBC is the one that tells SDM what points to deduct or add if it's something that has to be done manually. When you shop it's automatically added by SDM.

My SIL was mistaken. It wasn't 10000 pts taken off it was more like 3970. We figured it must be because she paid off her credit card. Her balance was 1950 approx and if you divide 1950 by 5 (the points you get for using mastercard) it equals 3970 - they amount they deducted.

So if you've recently made a payment or paid off your card this could be way.

RBC is "looking into it".

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

MY SIL called RBC and it's their issue. RBC is the one that tells SDM what points to deduct or add if it's something that has to be done manually. When you shop it's automatically added by SDM.

My SIL was mistaken. It wasn't 10000 pts taken off it was more like 3970. We figured it must be because she paid off her credit card. Her balance was 1950 approx and if you divide 1950 by 5 (the points you get for using mastercard) it equals 3970 - they amount they deducted.

Well isn't that ridiculous. You only get to keep your points if you never pay off your balance?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

this really sounds ridiculous. I pay off my RBC CC balance every month and the points are there.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momo28 View Post
    this really sounds ridiculous. I pay off my RBC CC balance every month and the points are there.
    I'm the same way. I used my RBC CC as my primary credit card and make sure I pay the balance every month. I've never experienced points getting deducted from my account.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.... what more can I say........

Trading Score
    130 (100%)

same here, over 10k have been deduct from my bank, called and only new fish there, they said" you not earn pts if you spend money outside shoppers"!!!!!!

So angry about this!!!!!
    My trade list check coupon trading
    Wish List:
    Trade with GC, Permanent Stamps, Herbal Essences FPC,or any FPC coupon, $5 Cascade, or Cimplex Movie pass,Movie GOGO, $2 stayfree coupon(no print out coupon),
    $2 any Kellogg’s product

Thread Information