• 3 Post By Durham Couponer
  • 2 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 1 Post By MillieH
  • 1 Post By luckbealady

Thread: Address rant!

OgresWife
    Trading Score
    52 (100%)

I can't tell you how many times I've gone to sign up for a freebie and it states no PO boxes.

#1, thats the only way I get mail since theres no home delivery where I live
    #2, since CP is making a changeover to boxes and eliminating home delivery, when are companies going to get with it?

Usually I can get around it by writing "Boxe" for street name and my box number for number. Again, usually this works, but sometimes it comes back as wrong and I miss out.

Annoying!
    This thread is currently associated with: Canada Post
    lghend likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Community boxes still use home mailing addresses, so it may be a while before anything changes. Must be frustrating.
    GoJays, walkonby and Shwa Girl like this.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Ugh. I remember this frustration when we lived in the country. I couldn't get some freebies or most mail in rebates. Super frustrating!

Sorry! I totally sympathize.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by OgresWife View Post
    I can't tell you how many times I've gone to sign up for a freebie and it states no PO boxes.

#1, thats the only way I get mail since theres no home delivery where I live
    #2, since CP is making a changeover to boxes and eliminating home delivery, when are companies going to get with it?

Usually I can get around it by writing "Boxe" for street name and my box number for number. Again, usually this works, but sometimes it comes back as wrong and I miss out.

Annoying!
    One possible solution:
    Do you have a friend or family member with a numbered address, who would let you send your freebies to them. You would add your name and their address.
    And they get a nice "gift" from you once in a while, for helping you out.
    Just a thought.
    emg and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

try Unit #
    Durham Couponer likes this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We have never received home delivery in our town, we have to go to the post office.
    While they do use our address for sorting mail, they always post signs asking people to include their PO Box.

I know how you feel OP, it's very frustrating when Canada Post is telling you to use your PO Box, and companies don't want you to include it.
    Durham Couponer likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Same here. I live in town but pick up mail at a community mailbox. So I have a Box #, Rural Route # and Site # as my address. Everyone has the same postal code in this area. You can't use your physical address. You also can't order pizza and things on-line since it is a shared postal code and it's not recognized as a town address and you HAVE to put your postal code in to order.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I live in a village and pick up our mail from a community box. Our mailing address is our street name and house number and rural route. We`ve never been asked to use the box number by Canada Post.

Thread Information