User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Do you let people see you without make-up?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

He's not a very tactful guy.
    I wouldn't feel bad about it. Most people look a little better and more rested with some make-up on.
    I remember back when I was in school. There was one girl who wouldn't wear makeup if she was planning to skip school the next day.
    The teacher would ask her if she's not feeling well and she'd play it up.

I'd worry if he didn't recognize you at all but looking like you just woke up is perfectly fine. I think he was just trying to figure out what you looked a little different.
    ROMEO likes this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would not be too bothered by it, he was just making an observation.

I get comments like that all the time when I do wear makeup!! I never wear makeup, so when I am all done up, I get comments from people asking me who I am all dolled up to go see and stuff like that. It is just a compliment about my attractiveness. He is just use to seeing you with your makeup on, so since he did not see you with it on, he was asking if you were not feeling well...small talk really.
    ROMEO likes this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greeny View Post
    So this morning around 11am, I had a guy come give me an estimate on work I need done on my property. I have spoken to this man in person many times but didn't know he was going to ring my doorbell today. I was in the middle of cleaning when he came. We spoke for a bit, he took the measurements he needed...then he looked at me and said "Did you just wake up ?". I said no, I've been cleaning. He said "oh I've never seen you without make-up on". He said this while he chuckled. I don't know why, but this bothered me. I was bare faced because I was cleaning and didn't expect anyone to come over today. Anyways, his comment made me really think. Has anyone else had a similar experience and did it bother you at all? I'm better than this, I don't know why I felt disturbed. I've gone out without make-up before, when I needed to run and grab something quick. My family sees me without make-up all the time. Was this guy being rude, or am I just being too sensitive?
    That's not his business, and he was definitely rude! Don't pay attention, do whatever you like and whenever it is convenient for you.

As for me, I wear very minimum make-up as I always have a very little time. But often I'm without make-up, it's more convenient for me.
    Natalka and ROMEO like this.
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505
    And earn Amazon and other gift cards as well, fast and easy! Anyone can!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/refer/zerehas

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by travel-mum View Post
    I think that man was very rude. I haven't worn makeup since I was a teenager. My husband says I'm naturally beautiful (I'm not but I guess in his eyes I am) and I don't need to wear makeup. And I save a lot of money not buying the stuff. I do colour my hair, so I guess I can't say I don't buy any beauty products. Do you know that in North America 8 billion dollars a year is spent on beauty products? Whenever I go to buy something I always ask myself "Would I rather have this or go on a trip?" If I don't REALLY need it, then the trip usually wins. I only work part-time, and my husband doesn't have the best job in the world, but saving on things like not smoking, couponing for groceries and not wearing makeup has allowed us to save money enough to travel many parts of the world. In fact, next year for our 40th wedding anniversary we plan to take a cruise to Central America to visit Columbia, the Panama Canal, Costa Rica, Belize and the Caymen Islands. So do yourself a favour. Be yourself. We're all naturally beautiful, even if it's not the magazine cover beautiful that the media pushes on us. Save some money and go on a trip!
    You sound like such a smart woman ! There is nothing better than a good trip. I have been to Belize and the Caymen Islands. You will LOVE it there !
    ROMEO and Candini like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I havent worn make up in at least 5 years! I figure if ppl dont like what they see, they dont have to look at me!
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I don't think he meant to be rude. Maybe he just wondered if in future he should make visits later in the day etc.
    I rarely don't wear makeup, at least some foundation to even my skin and eyeliner. I have had a few ppl comment the same when they see me without it (or ask if I am sick)
    ROMEO likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Never wear makeup - just feel confident 'in my own skin' as well. Actually, because I've never worn make up, I don't need it really. Skin is great the way it is in my opinion. And, yes, save the money and use it for travel, helping those in need, whatever....

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I haven't worn makeup regularly in over 20 years. If I'm going to a special occasion where I'm going to be in pics, yes, I'll wear a bit then and it does make a difference, and definitely wore it on my wedding day - just a bit of foundation, eyeliner, mascara, maybe lipstick. Day to day, no.

I used to have a lot of zits in my teens and wore a lot of makeup trying (unsuccessfully) to cover them up, as well as my big pores. However, my oily skin is serving me well in my 40s, it's clear and smooth, no wrinkles. My face does sweat a lot, have always had the problem of the foundation melting off. And I have a bad habit of rubbing at my eyes and smudging stuff since I don't remember it's there.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If I'm cleaning, gardening or exercising I don't bother wearing makeup. Day to day errands I will thrown on some concealer, mascara, lipstick and a touch of blush. I feel more put together. I don't wear as much makeup compared to when I was younger.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information