User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Do you let people see you without make-up?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So this morning around 11am, I had a guy come give me an estimate on work I need done on my property. I have spoken to this man in person many times but didn't know he was going to ring my doorbell today. I was in the middle of cleaning when he came. We spoke for a bit, he took the measurements he needed...then he looked at me and said "Did you just wake up ?". I said no, I've been cleaning. He said "oh I've never seen you without make-up on". He said this while he chuckled. I don't know why, but this bothered me. I was bare faced because I was cleaning and didn't expect anyone to come over today. Anyways, his comment made me really think. Has anyone else had a similar experience and did it bother you at all? I'm better than this, I don't know why I felt disturbed. I've gone out without make-up before, when I needed to run and grab something quick. My family sees me without make-up all the time. Was this guy being rude, or am I just being too sensitive?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by greeny; Mon, Apr 7th, 2014 at 04:16 PM.
    Natalka, walkonby, Mia and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I wouldn`t worry about it. I`ve had the comment come up before too, or asked if I was sick.

If you're at home all day I don`t see the point of getting dolled up in the event someone randomly shows up..

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    I wouldn`t worry about it. I`ve had the comment come up before too, or asked if I was sick.

If you're at home all day I don`t see the point of getting dolled up in the event someone randomly shows up..
    Oh I know, it's ridiculous to get dolled up when you're home all day. I'm usually not home all day but today I was. The way he laughed when he made his comment made me really self-conscious. I don't know why. I guess that's something I need to work on. He is overall, a nice guy though, but he doesn't have a filter and says whatever is on his mind (lol my mother is the same way). Maybe it's a generational thing?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

OP, his job was to do work around the house.
    His job was not to assess you. He was very bold. Ummm. He was very cheeky, IMHO.

If he defines you by your outer beauty, he's not too smart.
    toban, Mia and Candini like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I know that feeling, but in reverse. I never wear makeup at all. But....every once in a while if I happen to go to some fancy thing where I have to put some on ( and I hate doing it ) I get many second takes and comments about how pretty I look etc, but then I think " geez, it is coloured paint on my face, it is phony, a facade! " As Shwa said we should be seen for our beauty that is within. greeny I do not think you were being sensitive, he simply never saw you with your natural face, and many guys open their mouths to insert foot anyways, so don't give it a second thought.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

I havent worn make up in at least 5 years! I figure if ppl dont like what they see, they dont have to look at me!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

i almost never go out without make up...

few months ago, as i saw the Purolator truck at the door, i didn't want to miss my parcel so i open the door in my nightgown with no make up and probably with my hair like the babies in the commercial with the song ''i am pretty..i'm so pretty''....lol.....and the guy didn't say anything....just ask me to sign the electronic thing

well, it was early in the morning...

it was an unexpected parcel , but i must tell that if i was waiting for it, i would have had make up on, and hair done and well dressed
    Natalka likes this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

It was kind of odd that he said anything like that at all, actually!

I rarely wear makeup, just no need to put on the warpaint.
    Crochetlady, walkonby and Mia like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I haven`t worn makeup in years. I like the comment Barbara Streisand made in the movie "The Mirror has two Faces". When someone saw her for the first time with makeup she said "It`s still me...just in colour".
    Natalka, walkonby, Mia and 2 others like this.

bmc
    Female
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wear makeup to work and have been forcing myself to wear makeup outside of work. The reason? I have too much makeup and spent way too much on makeup to let it sit there and waste and get thrown away. Otherwise i could care less if people saw me without makeup! I do try to take a day off of makeup to give my skin a rest.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I used to wear makeup everyday!!!! I even did my hair everyday!! Extensions ,curls,straight .etc .omg what a waste of time. It took me 3hours to get ready depending on the state of my hair... now? Ive pretty much didnt rememver that I havent worn ear rings in over 2 months because im busy. I wash haor and put it in sleezy bun that its gross and crippled when you undo it. I havent done much hair care as in deep conditioning... and makeup? Well lets say I avoidy bf on days I dont wear makeup because usually those days my outfits are equal to my face... im a bum. I wear slacks and sweater hoodies.... shoot me if you will but im fine with it.. I have nice clothes.. not denying it and I have makeup but 7/7 days im just wearing the same face and slacks (they are washed ofcourse) do I care? Not at all.. take me or leave me. I know when to get dressed up on the important days so unlike some people I have no effort to be all primed up like a doll for ant action.. even going to grocery store... im in slacks :D

Sent from my SM-G730W8 using Tapatalk
    Mia likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for all the replies ! Very interesting indeed !

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I think that man was very rude. I haven't worn makeup since I was a teenager. My husband says I'm naturally beautiful (I'm not but I guess in his eyes I am) and I don't need to wear makeup. And I save a lot of money not buying the stuff. I do colour my hair, so I guess I can't say I don't buy any beauty products. Do you know that in North America 8 billion dollars a year is spent on beauty products? Whenever I go to buy something I always ask myself "Would I rather have this or go on a trip?" If I don't REALLY need it, then the trip usually wins. I only work part-time, and my husband doesn't have the best job in the world, but saving on things like not smoking, couponing for groceries and not wearing makeup has allowed us to save money enough to travel many parts of the world. In fact, next year for our 40th wedding anniversary we plan to take a cruise to Central America to visit Columbia, the Panama Canal, Costa Rica, Belize and the Caymen Islands. So do yourself a favour. Be yourself. We're all naturally beautiful, even if it's not the magazine cover beautiful that the media pushes on us. Save some money and go on a trip!
    Last edited by travel-mum; Tue, Apr 15th, 2014 at 06:44 AM.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabrielking View Post
    Just wear makeup outside. I mean some special occasions.
    Name:  tumblr_m8axssFrPc1r9shtzo4_1280.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  38.2 KB

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I think the guy was being ignorant.

I don't like to go out without some make-up on, and I dye my hair. I find it helps my self-esteem.

When I'm working around my place I go into slob mode.
    Mia001, ROMEO and Candini like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information