User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Darth Penguin

Thread: Fix Beaded Shirt

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have a shirt with elaborate beading around the neckline.

After a few washes, the beading is now coming apart. It's made up of a bunch of different rows of small beads, that are attached to a mesh over the shirt material. It appears some of the threads have come undone, so the beads are falling off. The threads themselves are too short for me to just knot or sew back into the neckline.
    The long string in the picture is one that I knotted around the beads that are still there, just so more don't fall off.

Is there any sort of sealer for clothes that I could put over top of it? This one might be too far gone because of the amount of beads that are missing, but I have one in a different colour that is the exact same style, which is also starting to lose beads.

Hoping someone can help, but I did only pay $5 per shirt, so I suppose it's no real loss. I just really like them, and they are only a few months old.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Hand wash or machine wash??

Something as elaborate as that I'd hand wash..

I would find a matching coloured thread and try to sew the beads you still have securely into the mesh with lots of knots..It's time consuming but if you like the top welll worth it. If you can find matching or compilmentry bead to fill in the gaps and are inspired enough to make the repairs neeed then a tough nylon thread thread would be the answer for me.
    luckbealady likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Hand wash or machine wash??

Something as elaborate as that I'd hand wash..

I would find a matching coloured thread and try to sew the beads you still have securely into the mesh with lots of knots..It's time consuming but if you like the top welll worth it. If you can find matching or compilmentry bead to fill in the gaps and are inspired enough to make the repairs neeed then a tough nylon thread thread would be the answer for me.
    Good idea! Simple, but I never thought of that.
    I was using the hand wash setting on the washing machine, but obviously that was still too rough.

Thread Information