• No. The store was always dirty.

17 54.84%
  • Don't know. Too soon to tell.

3 9.68%
  • We still have a Zellers store

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: Poll: Do you miss Zellers? Yes? No? Why? Why not?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

One cold and windy Mother's Day weekend, local Zellers put hanging basket plants on display outside. The plants did not look too good. They put the plants inside the front entrance, marked them down to $1.97, regular $9.99. We picked up those we knew we could revive. Paid with HBC points. Free plants all summer.
    ROMEO, Lynn49 and acosta like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I truly never think about Zellers much now. Since I am not in need of that many things that are not food food related and WM is there to fill that gap, so no I don't miss Zellers.
    ROMEO, Lynn49 and Shwa Girl like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

The Zellers near us was exactly as BargainHunterLola's was: messy, no sale stock when sales were on, staff just biding their time, all completely rusted-out! I remember chatting with a few of the cranky cashiers, asking them if they were offered a job with Target and they'd 'sniff'...hah, no way...have to apply...etc. I laughed inside because I knew that even in the remotest possibility they'd get on there, they'd last only a few minutes before they'd quit because they would have been made to actually WORK!
    Don't miss it, love Target! Clean, bright and the staff are attentive and happy to help!
    ROMEO, walkonby, Shwa Girl and 1 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I don't really miss zellers. My local store was clean an they had most of the items that were on sale. We don't have a target in barrie yet (one is opening summer 2014) however when target first opened I went and I loved it. I don't think of zellers often though like walkonby said because we have WM.
    ROMEO, walkonby and Shwa Girl like this.
    http://ptab.it/3s0kQ

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I only liked Zellers for those occasions when they had the Bonus 10K, 20K, and 25K HBC Point coupons. Beyond that, I disliked the place and never bought anything there without one of those coupons.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Zellers has reopened a store in Ottawa about a month ago. It's not really a Zellers like it used to be, more like a discounted store for The Bay (just clothes, shoes, underwear, furniture, kitchen appliances, home decorations, mattresses, linen, bags)

DH got a nice pair of Hush Puppies shoes, original price was $100, discounted to 70% off, then he used an additional discount card of 25% good till May 4 which he received from the cashier.
    I got a Nygard top for less than $10 after all discounts. (I think original price was around $50)
    Saw some great designer shoes for around $20 but my feet are swollen due to pregnancy

Always hated Zellers, but I like the new discount store

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I miss Zellers for their sweaters - for about 5 years I was buying the Alfred Sung sweaters and they were GREAT! Washed up fantastically! Every year a new style came out - loved them! And they always had 30%-50% off their clothing. I wouldn't buy a lot of clothes from there, as they really got crappy as the years went on.

I also miss getting my HBC points.

If you don't use them (gain or spent) in a year, they take them away (or freeze them until you complain about it). The Bay & Home Outfitters are too expensive to accumulate points like I did at Zellers.

I guess I gotta cash them in
    WHATT, You aren't doing Swagbucks? http://swagbucks.com/refer/acosta22

TRADE:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/acosta/
    FT TONS OF NEW COUPONS JUST UPDATED

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I miss Zellers for the HBC points.Sometimes it was amusing to see something in the wrong place or broken and still be there a month later and had Christmas stuff still out in June.Didn't like they never had stock in for sale stuff.They had to much Christmas stuff.Target is just a cleaner Zellers.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I forgot about Zellers and I worked there for eight years. I don't really miss it. It really went downhill after I quit. Stores come and go all the time and I don't get too attached to them. I did like their post-holiday clearances and good garden centre clearance. The PMing and points were good too.

I don't think Zellers is really dead, considering that Target has all the same brands (Cherokee, Mossimo/whatever)
    Shwa Girl and Darth Penguin like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

No to everything, never really shopped at Zellers, the closest one was 30 mins away - only time I ever stepped foot in a Zellers was if I was already in the mall shopping doing other stuff or when it was closing

Also have to say that I don't really shop at Target either for the same reason, not worth the 30min drive

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Do you miss Zellers?
    Do you miss the SPC card or the SPC VIP card?
    Do you miss your Club Z points?
    Do you miss the deals?

Why?
    Why not?

Just curious...

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mulock View Post
    I only liked Zellers for those occasions when they had the Bonus 10K, 20K, and 25K HBC Point coupons. Beyond that, I disliked the place and never bought anything there without one of those coupons.
    Oh yeah. I forgot about the bonus points promos with HBC points.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

hell no!

Zellers treated customers like dirt, the store had cheap quality items that weren't even nice looking.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I miss Zellers. I never had any issues with my Zellers. It wasn't sparkling, but it wasn't dirty and things were always in place on the shelf. Mine always had fantastic clearance items, like the time I paid $3 for a pair of track pants that had I not lost weight would still be wearing. I also used to buy my basics, like undies and socks there. It was the only place I could find the Hanes boy short undies. I haven't seen them anywhere else. And I liked their brand of sport socks. They were cheap, comfy and they lasted suprisingly long. I miss the bonus points as well because that's when I'd stock up on my basics. The staff were decent. I never really needed help looking for anything though, as the shelves were always stocked. We had a few cashiers who were always there and they were always so nice. But there were a couple people who gave me a hard time about things, like when I was with my brother and he was buying something and I was with him and I figured we might as well use my SPC discount. He went to pay for it and was told he can't get the SPC discount. The person whose SPC card it is must pay for it, which was the first and only time I'd heard that. Was a little annoyed but wasn't a huge inconvenience.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jina View Post
    Zellers has reopened a store in Ottawa about a month ago. It's not really a Zellers like it used to be, more like a discounted store for The Bay (just clothes, shoes, underwear, furniture, kitchen appliances, home decorations, mattresses, linen, bags)

DH got a nice pair of Hush Puppies shoes, original price was $100, discounted to 70% off, then he used an additional discount card of 25% good till May 4 which he received from the cashier.
    I got a Nygard top for less than $10 after all discounts. (I think original price was around $50)
    Saw some great designer shoes for around $20 but my feet are swollen due to pregnancy

Always hated Zellers, but I like the new discount store
    Toronto has a last chance outlet as well at Kipling and Queensway (just off of the Gardiner) for anyone in TO who is interested. They do have really good deals there but you need patience. It's like Winners in that it's organized by tops, pants etc. but there are racks and racks off stuff. It's all the Bay products but the discounts are so good. Bought a nice red Calvin Klein winter jacket for $50 for my aunt. They have furniture and appliances and small housewares.
    Jina likes this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I miss Zellers. Used to buy a lot of my clothes there. Our Walmart which is where Zellers used to be has crappy clothes...not much in plus sizes. I finally went to a Target last week to see what all the fuss was about. Was not impressed. No plus sized clothes at all. The only thing I noticed was the staff are all very friendly. Not worth driving almost an hour. I`ll be sticking with Walmart.
    GoJays and Shwa Girl like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information