• No. The store was always dirty.

17 54.84%
  • Don't know. Too soon to tell.

3 9.68%
  • We still have a Zellers store

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: Poll: Do you miss Zellers? Yes? No? Why? Why not?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Do you miss Zellers?
    Do you miss the SPC card or the SPC VIP card?
    Do you miss your Club Z points?
    Do you miss the deals?

Why?
    Why not?

Just curious...
    This thread is currently associated with: SPC Student Price Card, Zellers
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Wed, Apr 23rd, 2014 at 06:02 PM.
    macw1960 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

I truly hated Zellers lol. I never found any good deals, the store was totally disgusting, there were never any carts available, I could go on and on and on.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I voted no.

It's not only because it was dirty (although it was a big issue) but also because the customer service was awful, the prices weren't very good and the stock was always low/sold out.

I absolutely LOVE Target. Sure the regular prices are a bit more but the products are better, the store almost always has want I'm looking for in stock, Customer Service is "head and shoulders" above Zellers, they have store coupons, the store is bright and clean, and last but certainly not least: CLEARANCE!
    anisa, Lynn49, macw1960 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    I truly hated Zellers lol. I never found any good deals, the store was totally disgusting, there were never any carts available, I could go on and on and on.
    I hear ya.
    Somehow, the most of the cashiers did not seem to like their jobs. They hated when you used the SPC card. They acted like you were cheating them price matching.

Some Zellers use to sell the beef patties at their food stands, back in the day. Finishing school on an Friday, use to get a quick hot patty. All a poor student could afford as a treat.
    macw1960, Mia and dededi like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

TBH, I rarely shopped there as the local Zellars weren't close. The ones that were in my general shopping area varied from above average to a POS. I would drop in if I was nearby and remembered but generally didn't bother.

So I guess I won't be missing them.
    macw1960, Shwa Girl and dededi like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I found zellers was always out of their sale items, I was at the point where I didn't shop there when they closed. Target isn't handy, and since they didn't impress me at the start (empty shelves), I don't go there much either.
    macw1960, Shwa Girl and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Not really as I did not shop there much.
    Shwa Girl and dededi like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

LOL, did you have a problem with your local store being dirty? Ours sure wasn't.

Yes, I miss Zellers. BUT mostly I miss the Zellers before the last change of Zellers - that was one awesome store to have with a son growing up. Great stores to go to, spacious, wonderful staff, great deals and prices, always good clearance items.

My son and I really, really miss Truly brand BBQ peanuts we were just talking about it the other day - have tried almost all others on the market, they are not even close to their delicious awesomeness!

Haven't been to Target yet, though. Just no need to, I suppose.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-I truly miss zellers -all the cashiers were friendly, customer service desk was just awesome -store was pretty clean (but hey what can you do )target's clearance is good-cashier I had today was the best one yet

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, and we miss the fries/onion rings combo at the restaurant, cheap and delish!
    GoJays, coupon girl and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I really miss Zellers. Most of my big saves were from there- like my little green machine - OOP was $6.91. Can't tell you how handy it was with a reflux baby, a puppy that ate ANYTHING, and one of our cats with kidney disease! With DS being such a fast grower, I waited like a hawk for clearance clothing to go additional 50% off or more. He is almost 5 now and wears a size 8/10. I was once able to outfit him for summer clothes for $23.00. We have been through A LOT of clothes.

When it was available, I would use my HBC gift card from airmiles to buy clothes shoes, toys etc. Sure, some of the pricing was crazy. But if you know your prices, it was an easy thing towatch. I was management for a Talbots in TO , but my favorite black skirt is a PURE by Alfred Sung that I paid $3.00 for. And it looks great with blazers.

From what I understand, the Zellers near me was an exception. They PM'd well. They took coupons well. They held my son's booster car seat for me, when it went on sale. They were very helpful. It was an older store, but it was clean. I miss it.
    Last edited by matty's mom; Wed, Apr 23rd, 2014 at 09:36 PM.
    ROMEO, Crochetlady, GoJays and 4 others like this.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Other than one incident where the cashier actually made me cry, I had good experiences with Zellers. I've been to Target once and I don't really get it. I often look at their flyers and there just isn't anything that draws me there. I don't go out of my way for clearance sales though.
    ROMEO, GoJays and dededi like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Wed, Jan 21st, 2015 at 08:37 AM.
    ROMEO and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I do kinda miss their midnight madness sales and I did get a few nice things with the rewards card. I missed the Towers store that Zellers replaced more though, the style of clothes was so much better. I haven't really given them a thought since they left. Sorry Zeddy.
    ROMEO and dededi like this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I had a few good experiences with Zellers (My kitchenaid stand mixer that I got from there is my heart and soul), and I will miss it for the nostalgia value, but overall no, I do not miss the place.

It was a crap heap and kept getting worse as the years went on. The restaurant was ok (was it really? I had very unrefined tastes), but nothing special. The store itself was dirty and broken things would sit on the shelves for weeks without being removed. Found broken candles on the floor one week that were still there a week later.

I usually had a hard time finding cans that weren't dented or rusty (looked like someone was using them to bowl with or something) and packages that weren't squished or broken in some way. This was the norm for my store, like everyone had just given up.

And I recall at Christmas one year they had gift baskets and merchandise on rough planks of wood held up by cinder blocks. I believe I called it a "redneck picnic table" at the time. The place was a damn mess ALL THE TIME.

They had some of the snarkiest, b****iest staff, none of whom would ever last a week at a store that gave half a crap about customer service. Target has hired back some of the staff that were previously there, but only the good ones. The snarky people seem to have been given the boot, thank god. That was the best thing Target could have done, imo.
    ROMEO, lecale, Shwa Girl and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information