User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is new Target RBC MasterCard good news for Canucks?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - 5% rewards are attractive

1 25.00%
  • NO - Target stores are too far away

1 25.00%
  • YES - Will force Cdn retailers to improve their rewards

0 0%
  • NO - Target Canada prices will still be higher than in U.S.

2 50.00%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Official Credit Card Info/Sign Up Thread

FLA
    Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hope the promo will still on after April 1st!

FLA
    Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

some changes are coming for the Amex cards.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Well now, what do you think about this? Canadians are the most heavily in debt people in North America and Tim`s comes out with a loyalty visa credit card! As if we need another credit card! Im definitely not excited about this and somehow i feel betrayed by Tim`s whom i always thought were so in tune with Canadians. There are so many other ways to reward their loyal customers and that shouldnt include another credit card!!!!!!!!!!! What were they thinking? At a time when Canadians are trying to pay off their credit card debt, Tim`s introduces another credit card! OMG! I am so disappointed in them.

I sent Tim Horton`s Corporate an email stating how they missed the boat on this one and that they arent in tune with Canadians. They should be ashamed of themselves for introducing another credit card. McDonald`s rewards its loyal customers with free coffee after purchasing 7 or 8 (not sure which it is). Tims can go that way also. Im very disappointed in tims.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

While I agree it's just one more way to get people deeper into debt - those same people are the ones who decide they'll sign on the dotted line. For a free coffee, they're willing to bet they won't fall into the trap of getting in debt. Businesses would give these incentives up if they didn't work.

Tim Hortons is just like any other business, it wants to make more money. Coffee isn't worth the cost of the cardboard cup it comes in, so I can see why it would be a profitable proposition.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just because you have a credit card, doesn't mean you are going to go into debt. Loyalty programs can be very lucrative if used properly.

CaNewbie-Eager To Learn!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

BMO has an incredible new Mastercard. It's the BMO Rewards World Elite black card. You get the equivelent of $300 in points that you can use towards ANY flight, hotel or car rental! It compares to all other travel credit cards and comes out on top. You can complimentary airport lounge visits (4/year and you can use a visit to bring a friend in with you), all the extended warrant typical stuff, the points give you dollar value that you can use on any flight with any airline, and since it is dollar value you can use it to cover taxes and fees and get a truly free flight. And it takes less points than the competing cards to get flights.
    Until the end of June you get the first year with no annual fee, so there is no harm in trying it out.
    Seriously love this card.

FLA
    Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

How much is the annual after first year?

CaNewbie-Eager To Learn!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

After the first year (which is free!) the card is $150 annually. But no harm in trying it out for free for the first year to see if the benefits are worth it for you!
    If you think about it, it costs $150 annually, but to get a supplementary card for your spouse/children is NO FEE!
    All of the competing cards cost $50 for a supplementary card. So even tho most of them have a $120 annual fee if you're getting a card for your spouse it ends up being $170 so the BMO card is cheaper too!
    Last edited by Brooke_; Fri, Apr 25th, 2014 at 10:12 PM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldcat View Post
    American Express just started a great new offer for AeroplanPlus Gold card.

Annual fee waived for the first year. 30k bonus Aeroplan miles (instead of the normal 20k) if you spend $500 in the first 3 months when you apply through the link in my signature.
    Just remember to read the fine print - I think you have to make purchased of $500 within the first 3 months AND you have to pay your FULL balance due EACH month

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by endi2000 View Post
    Just remember to read the fine print - I think you have to make purchased of $500 within the first 3 months AND you have to pay your FULL balance due EACH month
    correct, as this is a charge card and not a credit card.
    $500 is easily accomplished by going to one costco trip or buy $500 worth of gas gift cards.

FLA
    Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

you can click the links in my signature to apply for the following cards:

Amex Aeroplus Gold - Best Sign-up Miles
    30,000 Aeroplan sign up bonus - 10,000 more than regular offer
    No annual fee in first year, $120 savings
    1 mile per $ to $10,000 spend thereafter 1.25 miles per $
    Eligible for 10/15k bonus for Distinction Black/Diamond Members (see: http://www4.aeroplan.com/promotions/...7&icid=BAN6896) - note bonus is only received once irrespective of number of eligible cards so if you do or will also have an eligibly TD/CIBC card, no additional bonus through this card.

Amex SPG Credit Card - Most Flexible
    Annual Fee - $120
    Perks - 1 SPG per $, transfer SPGs to dozens of FF programmes at 1:1 with 25% increase if transferred in 20k bulks. Good redemptions on Cash+Points.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Read all about the new card offer on this link:
    http://www.bmo.com/home/personal/ban...ite-mastercard
    *There is an income requirement:
    Minimum $70,000 (individual) or
    $120,000 (household) income required
    **A couple of features are excluded for residents of Quebec.

While we have your attention, SCers with BMO bank accounts, note some changes taking effect on May 1 to BMO banking agreements, chip technology, etc.
    http://www.bmo.com/home/personal/ban...nts/agreements
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Apr 28th, 2014 at 04:12 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by colosus View Post

In short, until June 9, 2014 only you can earn up to 24,000 points which is enough for up to 3 FREE hotel Nights at over 1,500 Choice Privileges locations across North America. This card has no annual fee. Plus earn 2 points for every $1 spent on the card.

Click here for the appication link
    Got this last week and I have already made the first purchase, just few more purchases to collect all the points

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'm trying out this card and can't say I'm going to renew it after the first year's up. The major drawback is having to book all of your travel through the BMO rewards site. I prefer to book directly through the airline as it is easier to deal with the booking (ie. upgrades and changes) without having to go through an agency.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information