User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By blueeyetea

Thread: Does anyone know of any natural fragrance free Quilted baby wipes?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They're actually for me but I'm looking for baby wipes that are thicker/ quilted and are fragrance free/ and natural if possible.

I used to buy the Baby Life ones from Shoppers and they were the best! until they changed the packaging..they used to be green now they're blue...I checked the ingredients and it's supposed to be the same thing but they're more slippery and it's very hard to use them because they slip from my hand..I hate that! -_- the original ones were not like this so I was very annoyed because they were the best!

Does anyone know of any other drugstore baby wipes that are not slippery, quilted and 0 fragrance?
    (I tried these other natural ones from Shoppers but they hid a fragrance ingredient into the baby wipes..even though they said fragrance free..so now I have to double check the ingredients every time)

I'v tried Huggies, Pampers..they're all very slippery..hard to use.

Anywho, if anyone knows of anything that's thicker/quilted and not slippery natural/fragrance free let me know please.

Drugstore only
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart, Huggies, Pampers
    Last edited by JDI007; Thu, Apr 24th, 2014 at 12:19 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

The Simply Kids wipes are awesome - they are thick, yet soft and durable and great to use. I do get unscented, but just don't have a pack right now to check the ingredients and I couldn't find the info online. I buy them at Co-op.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh haven't heard of those before, the website says they are only available in metro, longows, unfortunately I don't have those stores near me..only Shoppers, Walmart, Target, Rexall, Sobey's, Fortinos etc.. but I'll keep looking

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is a site I sometimes shop at, they've got everything that a drugstore has:

https://www.valuevalet.ca/essentiel-...80-331074.html

Don't know if that's exactly what you're looking for, but they're apparently unscented and thick. Hope you eventually find what you need!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Did you ever try making your own? You could buy scentless soap.

http://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com/ma...ade-baby-wipes
    CouponKitten likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hmm..I might try making my own, so using scentless soap and olive oil? or just scentless soap and water?
    I use Dove Unscented soap to wash my bottom I wish it came in a liquid form but I will look into this idea, might be cheaper even in the long run.
    In the meantime I'll check out some other unscented baby wipes in the store and see how they go.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by A007 View Post
    Hmm..I might try making my own, so using scentless soap and olive oil? or just scentless soap and water?
    I use Dove Unscented soap to wash my bottom I wish it came in a liquid form but I will look into this idea, might be cheaper even in the long run.
    In the meantime I'll check out some other unscented baby wipes in the store and see how they go.
    You can buy Dove Baby unscented liquid soap.

Check out...
    http://www.vitacost.com/productresults.aspx?N=1006330
    I shop at vitacost.com They sell all natural products and shipping to Canada is only $10. Let me know if you'd like a referral code for $10 off. I have one.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by A007 View Post
    To tell you the truth, I'm not sure why you'd need oil in the recipe. I can sort of see putting an emolient in to counteract the oil removing properties of shampoo or soap. As for the soap, I'd go for something very mild like Dr. Bronner's all-in one liquid soap.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I can't find the Dove unscented liquid soap even when I google it..nothing comes up, I guess I could use any unscented soap..I just use Dove now and know that I can trust the soap..I'v noticed some products only claim to be unscented/or fragrance free but they do however hide a fragrance ingredient./

Anywho, could I just soap up my bar soap? would that work? :/

Also, any recs. for thick paper towels I could use? I'm thinking maybe Bounty would that be thick enough?

I don't think I'm gonna go the baby wash way because I'v tried baby wash before with water using it as an eye makeup remover and it irritated the heck out of my eyes, it was very very harsh to my surprise so I think I'll just use the soap.
    Last edited by JDI007; Thu, May 15th, 2014 at 06:45 PM.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

This is the dove soap I used to use on the kids....

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/02...g?v=1370158964

Soaping up your bar probably wouldn't work. But I bet you could grate it and dissolve it in water on the stove like you'd do to make laundry detergent.

The other thing to try might be liquid castille soap. Can't get much purer than that. And you can get it everywhere. Just make sure you are getting the real deal.

Depending on whether you need to throw them out or not, you can always use or make your own washclothes as well.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh I saw that one it says it's a baby wash with shampoo, I just hope it's gentle because I'v tried the Johnsons's baby shampoo before and used it with water as an eye makeup remover and it irritated the heck out of my eyes, made them really red and itchy I think I got an allergy from it.
    Will also check out castile soap.
    thank you!

Thread Information