• 1 Post By FallenPixels
  • 1 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 1 Post By FallenPixels
  • 1 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 1 Post By FallenPixels
  • 1 Post By alisa123
  • 1 Post By Patty Smyth
  • 1 Post By Dee09

Thread: SC Blog Discussion (Merged Posts)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Especially on the blog, deals posted for stores/companies I haven't heard of.
    Yes, I know this is a ON-centric site, but then why can't those be posted with the title including "ON only".

On the forum, I more notice this with flyers - smaller stores or maybe chains which are regional only.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

What happen to the good deal blogs on the main page??? The past while the main page has gone from bad to worse. What happened to basic deals that 90% off the population is interested in?? Instead of blogs directed at the 1% that might find a $1200 coffee maker a great deal?? *sigh*
    Dee09 likes this.
    Want free Christmas shopping???
    get giftcards to Amazon!!

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

3 luggage blogs on the first page??!! Really??!! What happen to basic coupon and grocery deals?? And I thought it couldn't get worse
    Dee09 likes this.
    Want free Christmas shopping???
    get giftcards to Amazon!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

What's with redirect links being used for some postings on the blog?
    - the main posts, I am not referring to commenters

e.g. currently on Home Depot Hammer Drop, Sears 24 hour bedroom, Naturalizer, etc.
    Last edited by Natalka; Fri, Mar 28th, 2014 at 02:26 PM.
    Dee09 likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I loathe that auto-link programme...it links to places like reddit forums sometimes.
    Dee09 likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    What's with redirect links being used for some postings on the blog?
    - the main posts, I am not referring to commenters

e.g. currently on Home Depot Hammer Drop, Sears 24 hour bedroom, Naturalizer, etc.
    I think you are referring to the blog one not the auto one Darth mentions, the are likely affiliate links which pay for the site to run
    Last edited by FallenPixels; Sat, Mar 29th, 2014 at 10:00 PM.
    Dee09 likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I think you are referring to the blog one not the auto one Darth mentions, the are likely affiliate lunks which pay for the site to run
    Forgive my ignorance. I don't speak computer. What is an "affiliate lunk". Thanks
    Dee09 likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Forgive my ignorance. I don't speak computer. What is an "affiliate lunk". Thanks
    Link - autocorrect turned off
    Basically when you click thru SC gets a small amount for referring you to the site.
    Dee09 likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Link - autocorrect turned off
    Basically when you click thru SC gets a small amount for referring you to the site.
    thanks for the explanation and clarification (link/lunk)
    glad that I am not as computer illiterate as I thought.
    Dee09 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thanks FP - that's fine with me, as long as it's not an individual getting credit for posting a link on the blog.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Thanks FP - that's fine with me, as long as it's not an individual getting credit for posting a link on the blog.
    No, boo adds them into our posts, they are not even autolinks
    Dee09 likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I've seen lots of clearance stickers in the frozen section Hungry man entrees, Michelina's. Sorry, don't remember prices. Roman lasagna 2+kg for $7,49.

Thanks to everybody for posting here! I'm yet to leave Target with something without a sticker, thanks to you

Sorry for the off topic, but I know FallenPixels and Anne are reading this thread for sure What happened to the two of you posting on the main page?! Ever since you became the main posters I found more relevant deals, coupons that I would've missed otherwise and tons of useful information. Now there are too many less that average contests, posts missing the fine print and other details and even containing referral links; deals that aren't deals at all, etc. (I remember when Anne posted contests thinking every time they are great for the main page because they will be useful for many). Now too many posts with poor quality.
    Please, please, take over the main page back again!!!
    Sorry again, I just got overwhelmed going through 2 pages of the blog and not finding anything useful again... I'm sure I'm not the only one to notice that
    Dee09 likes this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by alisa123 View Post
    I've seen lots of clearance stickers in the frozen section Hungry man entrees, Michelina's. Sorry, don't remember prices. Roman lasagna 2+kg for $7,49.

Thanks to everybody for posting here! I'm yet to leave Target with something without a sticker, thanks to you

Sorry for the off topic, but I know FallenPixels and Anne are reading this thread for sure What happened to the two of you posting on the main page?! Ever since you became the main posters I found more relevant deals, coupons that I would've missed otherwise and tons of useful information. Now there are too many less that average contests, posts missing the fine print and other details and even containing referral links; deals that aren't deals at all, etc. (I remember when Anne posted contests thinking every time they are great for the main page because they will be useful for many). Now too many posts with poor quality.
    Sorry again, I just got overwhelmed going through 2 pages of the blog and not finding anything useful again... I'm sure I'm not the only one to notice that
    I would encourage you to express your opinions to Boo Radley since he runs the show round here

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by alisa123 View Post

HERE HERE!!!!

The blog has become a non-place to visit.

Not sure what is going on but some people's ideas of deals certainly don't correspond to my idea nor many on here I am sure. We are interested in coupons, contests, freebies, not how many $100's of dollars Sears is discounting pot sets or suitcases.

One more thing, it used to be we could comment on the blog and have dialog now I find my comments are being perceived as negative and deleted. Not cool. I think I know a deal when I see one as do MANY others on here.

Carry on with Target deals I have said my peace.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

A HAA! I was wondering why they looked so weird when I hovered my mouse over some of them. With not being around here like I used to and contributors I didn't recognize I was getting suspicious lol. OK thank you.
    Last edited by Dee09; Sat, May 31st, 2014 at 02:01 AM. Reason: never mind
    FallenPixels likes this.

Thread Information