User Tag List

Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65
Like Tree3706Likes

Thread: May It Be Frugal frugal chatter thread 2014

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

I hope everyone has a nice weekend, weather is supposed to be really nice!
    I am taking it easy today and we are spending time with family. I am still not feeling the greatest. I have decided that my body can no longer tolerate alcohol. I had one glass with my dad and aunt on Tuesday night and I have been feeling it all week I believe it interacts with my medication.
    I am also going to look at my diet a bit closer. First going to start cutting out pop/aspartame and caffeine which I don't drink often anyways. Pop will be difficult when we have pizza lol but I may just have a regular Pepsi with no aspartame then.
    Going to see how I feel after that and then will consider cutting out other things like simple carbs and gluten.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Hey friends.
    Now that life is slowing down a little I can come back to my favorite place
    Going to go through the flyers and see what are must buys....any fab deals?
    Beauty of a day.
    Enjoy your Saturday everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    Do you get a lot of people saying they will come and then don't show up?? I have given up on kijiji because I got sick of waiting around for people who just could not be bothered showing up. I always let people know if I change my mind. Common courtesy. One girl emailed me about 20 times arranging to come for an item. Never showed up and no email. Irritating.
    have had a few no shows but I don't wait for people I just tell them my schedule so if they show great if not next person or re-post. I have a few I ignore now and now she wants some stuff. Haha. Karma
    lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Took my youngest out for breakfast. Feeling a little rough today. (Wine?) lol. Off to clean up dog poop. Get grass cut Nd putter in the yard. And confirm with both kids again that we agree to sell the trampoline . If so will post today. Everyone wants one but will not hold and I am not helping taking it apart/moving!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    We had a neighbour like that as well. Her idea of a yard sale was rolling out of bed at 11 am and bringing a few items and Rubbermaid bins out to her driveway. Oh and never advertised or did signs. Then wondered why she never had anyone show up except when we had one on the same day. Lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Lol. Wonder if she ever figured it out?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    You miss me everyone those time,I will writhe a post soon
    I was just thinking about you. Take care.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    My online selling guidelines:

First responses that give a day and time are your most serious buyers. Some sites are first comment, first dibs. I give them 24 hours to reply back to my messages that commit to a day and approximate time. Ppl who are serious reply back sooner than that. No reply within that time? I move on. For no shows, I give one chance to reschedule a pick up and then I won't sell to that person again if they are a no show twice. I won't hold an item longer than a week unless I know you personally, have sold to you before or you are prompt with message replies.

Using these guidelines I have had one person (a friend!!!) who renigged on two items and one no show that rescheduled and picked up, probably out of over 100 sales. If people are not replying, I send a message that says "Thanks for your interest I am moving on."

I tend to use Kijiji for larger or free items and a local buy and sell FB page for items under $20.
    Good tips. I think it helps if you live in a larger town or city as well. Living out in a small town in the country, people are less willing to drive for smaller items. We have sold 2 vehicles and a lawn tractor to guys who drove over 90 minutes to pick them up. Guess it was a good enough deal to justify the drive. I have driven over an hour for some insanely good deals on furniture pieces.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    have had a few no shows but I don't wait for people I just tell them my schedule so if they show great if not next person or re-post. I have a few I ignore now and now she wants some stuff. Haha. Karma
    So smart to just tell them when you are home instead of setting a specific time. I cannot stand when people are late. Maybe I have to lower my expectations

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Took my youngest out for breakfast. Feeling a little rough today. (Wine?) lol. Off to clean up dog poop. Get grass cut Nd putter in the yard. And confirm with both kids again that we agree to sell the trampoline . If so will post today. Everyone wants one but will not hold and I am not helping taking it apart/moving!
    My sister recently bought a house that came with a trampoline out back. She listed it on kijiji and had multiple responses and sold it the same day. You should have no problem selling it.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

maddens momma good tip to cut out pop. When you want a can of pop, drink a full glass of ice water first. Then, if you're still craving the soda, have it. 8/10 you won't want it anymore!

made $80 today after went to the dump to get rid of aluminium old Tv broken christmas lights. I love emptying the house of its junk and making money while doing it!
    My Tradelist and Wishlist

Join the Purell Loyalty Program for easy rewards such as gift cards and coupons!

Get FREE Men's Boxers when 1O friends sign up
    http://www.comfortableboxers.com?kid=55D9S

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Our town is having a garage sale next weekend...........thinking of doing it.
    Tips?
    The kids want to do lemonade and cookies to further our donation to AS.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Garage sale tips...I've had my share of those too!

Clean everything and put the items on clean tables and tarps. For most people this goes without saying, but I have been to a lot a garage sales that have made me go...ew!

Price everything. People don't like to guess or undervalue your items. A person is more likely to purchase an item if it is priced. If things aren't priced, I only ask if it is exactly what I have been looking for. I might see something I like, but don't need. If it is a good price, I might pick it up...unpriced I would walk away.

Price fair and to sell. I hate going to sales where people are trying to make money over getting rid of their items. I price all small items under $5, even if it is a steal!!! Larger items under 25% of what I paid. The newer the item, the closer to 25% I will price.

Rant: I just saw some one selling a "like new" patio set for $100. I paid $100 for the same set and is on sale at Wal-mart this week for $60! If it is like new, then at least half of the sale price...it is still used!!!

Tell hagglers they can come back after 10 and if the item they want is still available they can have it for that price. If your prices are fair most people won't haggle (I always pay asking if the price is fair). Some people are just cheap on only looking out for themselves!

Be set up for one hour before your plan to open. Early birds are prime customers!!!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Has a busy day here, we got the backyard clean which was not a easy task with both of suffering horribly from allergies. But it is clean and ready to go. As well all the weeds have sprayed and the backyard sprayed with peppermint too keep the cat and spiders out.

Mom loved the planter I bought her as a surprise so we went and got soil and plants. We decided one would be for herbs and the other for veggies. We got a couple more tomato plants (different types) and some peppers. As well as a variety of herbs. Tomorrow we will plant them as by the time we were done eating the bugs were back out and we did not want to get eaten alive.

Laundry is done just need to be put away, tomorrow I think I will do the bedding as I still have my winter sheets on my bed.

As well tomorrow we will have our first BBQ on our new grill, I am thinking Steak Potatoes and tons and tons of grilled veggies, I LOVE grilled veggies.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well daughter came from Toronto last night to sleep over -her hubby is out of town and we have a wedding shower to go to
    -we talked for a few hours-we treated her to five guys-not me i had pita pit
    found a cute dress(solid sky blue ) at sears yesterday in petite length-yeah-it was 29.99 and I got it for 26.97 cause it had 2 stains on it(used mean green 4.99 at giant tiger,home hardware had it for 4.29 a few weeks back-m sister-in-law has used this for years-and it works awesome better than anything else out there
    -got hubby docker mens shorts for 24.99 at sears weekend only ale reg 50.00
    oh and I got 2 pairs of warners undies for me reg 12.99 on for 2.99 bogo sale -so 1.50 each -unreal price only found 2 pairs In my size

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

well folks.. see you on the flip side.. June's thread
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65

Thread Information