User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: Target Canada.............possibly closing?????

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Compared to the Target in the states, the Target stores in Canada have been nothing short of a disappointment. The hype that was built up before they actually opened up got everyone all excited, but the selections and deals that I found there were very little.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

I kinda liked target. I bought stuff from there since Sears is way too expensive, London Drugs well.. it doesn't have everything.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i don't see target closing.. i see them restructuring shuffling some things around.. maybe lower a few prices... offer up some promos... more advertising... but to me it's going to take them about 5 yrs to find their place in the market and build up a following
    ROMEO, DianneS, GeorgiaK and 3 others like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

If Target really wanted to boost their sales and learn a bit about what Canadians want to see in their stores they could try bringing up some of the products/product lines that they have in the US that they don't regularly offer here as limited time only sales. Say two weeks or even one month where the sell product "XYZ" for the same price as the US, with good advertising, then they could see how much they sell over that sale period, averaged out week to week during the promo to see if it is something that has enough demand to justify bringing it up here regularly. We all love their US stores and the selection and if they can bring some of that up here they just might see a great turn around. A few limited time sales of top US Target products will bring people in the store and couple that with lowering prices a little on some of their everyday products they could clean up with add-on purchases people would make just cause they happen to be in the store picking up the limited time items.
    ROMEO and Poirot like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

The only problem with that is that they only import/distribute themselves the house brands that they sell.

if people are looking for food/health/beauty items etc that are not normally sold in Canada, then people need to petition those manufacturers and convince them to see Canada as a market they want to sell their items in. Thankfully, a lot of items are probably not sold in Canada because they are inferior to Health Canada standards.

Unfortunately their first big mis-step was that they set up 100++ stores that are smaller than any of the stores that they have in the states. They opened mini-Targets in Canada. That automatically brings down the selection they are able to offer in our stores, permanently. Not a great first step IMO. Personally I would love to be able to buy Target exclusive furniture items and decor items that are in the US stores, and that could possibly happen in the future if and when they decide to offer online shopping.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Interesting article but full.of speculation. I have three Target stores within a 20 minute driving distance. One is constantly busy, one is moderately busy, one is very quiet. I personally despise shopping at Wal-Mart and find the customer experience at Target far superior. as to the comment that the mall where target's prices are higher than Sobeys...of course they would be because Sobeys is a grocery store. Target is not.
    anisa, ROMEO, Decaf and 1 others like this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I made the horrible mistake of walking into a Walmart last week, only because my son needed soccer cleats.

No carts, no baskets, LOOOOONG lineups that take forever. I told my little guy "and this is why we don't shop at walmart". It is the place you go to be punished :p
    ROMEO, GoJays, Midnightly and 5 others like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I haven't really gotten into Target, but I'll be really annoyed if they leave already. They caused construction nightmares for months at the malls where they were moving in and then there was all the hype. Now they just want to pick up and leave? If people aren't shopping at your stores, DO SOMETHING about the prices! I'm fed up with "store closing" signs and empty buildings all over the place.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

These recent events are hurdles but probably not going to cause a whole chain of stores to pack up and leave

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    R

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I actually would be very sad and disappointed if Target left. The staff at my local store are so friendly, the clearance deals are fantastic, and the store is nice and clean. And I don't often need to go to Walmart now- a definite plus.
    anisa, ROMEO, seylz_gurl and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Personally, I like Target a lot more than WM. It's clean, check out is faster. Staffs are trained on coupon policy so I never have to wait for anyone to run around to CS, which always happen at WM. I only use 1 or 2 coupons at a time and I use coupons correctly, still every time I use a coupon at WM I encounter problem which really frustrates me. I shop for non-sale items too, not just their rock bottom sale items. I also save 5% instantly and getting money back on my Target mastercard.
    anisa, ROMEO, seylz_gurl and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCouponCrazy View Post
    I actually would be very sad and disappointed if Target left. The staff at my local store are so friendly, the clearance deals are fantastic, and the store is nice and clean. And I don't often need to go to Walmart now- a definite plus.
    i like their clearance deals too. Love it! Now we dont go to walmart as often as we used to go before target opened in our town. And we save 5% by using their debit card. I dont see much incentive in shopping @ walmart because....
    We save 5% @ target + they price match + we can stack target and manufacturer coupons
    we get pc points @ rcss + they price match + we get personalized offers.
    we get awesome optimum points deals @ sdm + their personalized coupons (some coupons get us FREE stuff too)
    but walmart....only price match.... No points, rewards(except for their mastercard holders) or personalized offers......

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think their biggest mistake is hiring top people making tens of millions of dollars per year, and get 26 million dollars to leave!! These people don't know what the lower, middle class want and need, they probably don't even shop at Target..when they do their re-structuring they should hire some smart canuckers, I'll take the job for a couple million, a fraction of what the last guy was getting ha,ha,ha!!
    Also I only shop there when something is on clearance and I have a Target coupon then a manufacturers coupon or if I'm pm'img something!!
    ROMEO and Poirot like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We made a big purchase at Target this year, an a/c window unit, which was unadvertised at $50 cheaper than the competition for comparable units. After using them almost exclusively for couponing and clearance, it was great to walk into a local store and find what we wanted at the best price. I hope they stick around for a bit.
    ROMEO likes this.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

^i have seen many examples of items over the past few months where the shelf price at target is lower than the price at rcss and Walmart.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Durham Couponer likes this.
    R

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information