User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Direct Deposit Only ! - All Gov. of Canada Cheque Payments will be Phased Out By 2016

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyetea View Post
    There are no layoffs. As people retire, the bulk in the next 5 years, CP won't back-fill the positions.
    If they follow through and do all the areas planned with super mail boxes that means less workers will be needed to deliver.
    The amount of workers retiring in the next 5 years will help but it certainly will not be enough to balance the workforce vs work ratio.
    Trust me CP WILL be laying off, if they cannot legally do that they will get the supervisors to
    start " creating " more disciplinary files on workers with bogus charges to warn, suspend and then fire people. Think it cannot happen, trust me CP will find a way to get THEIR way.
    Mia001, Angela273 and tjthemanto like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    If they follow through and do all the areas planned with super mail boxes that means less workers will be needed to deliver.
    The amount of workers retiring in the next 5 years will help but it certainly will not be enough to balance the workforce vs work ratio.
    Trust me CP WILL be laying off, if they cannot legally do that they will get the supervisors to
    start " creating " more disciplinary files on workers with bogus charges to warn, suspend and then fire people. Think it cannot happen, trust me CP will find a way to get THEIR way.
    Considering unionized employees at Canada Post have an an arbitration and grievance procedure documented in their collective agreement, I wonder how you come to that conclusion.

Canada Post can't just get rid of someone like they want, much less get supervisors (protected by their own unions) to make false claims without the employee retaliating back and filing a grievance. When a grievance is filed, Canada Post has no choice but to go through with it, at the same time, that they have to keep the employee on it's payroll (at work or at home.) It's a lengthy and costly procedure for Canada Post because it can take years to resolve, with the risk that the arbitrator rules against Canada Post. If they need to balance work and # of employees, it will be much cheaper to offer older employees one or two years salary to leave voluntarily, like they've already done with administrative employees.

Besides, you're automatically making the assumption that business will keep going down. Lettermail is going down, yes, but parcels and direct marketing are on the way up.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

unions or not.....when they want to fire someone.....they can find a way IMHO
    Last edited by Mia001; Tue, May 13th, 2014 at 05:18 PM.
    walkonby likes this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

FLA
    Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia001 View Post
    unions or not.....when they want to fire someone.....they can find a way IMHO
    Totally agree. Nobody is perfect so it is very easy for them to do that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information