User Tag List

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Lyssia510
  • 1 Post By Candini
  • 1 Post By anisa
  • 1 Post By annedougherty
  • 1 Post By Your604

Thread: Anyone else have this problem with Essie nail polish?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

After seeing raves all over the internet on Essie being one of the best nail polishes around, I picked up a few when I saw them on sale(made sure the colour wasn't separating)and it's honestly one of the worst nail polish brands I've ever tried. Every single colour I've tried chips within hours of putting it on, I do my nails at night, use a base/top coat(Sally Hansen or Wet and Wild, and both work fine with any other nail polish I have),wait at least an hour after it's dried before I wash my hands or do anything more than type on my ipad and it still chips. Sometimes I even lose the polish on the the whole nail by the time I wake up. This is the only nail polish I've had this issue with, any other nail polish I have(Sally Hansen, O.P.I, Cover Girl, Revlon, Maybelline), I can get at least 2 days out of before I need to touch it up.
    is there some kind of trick to using Essie or a special base/top coat I need to use? I love the colours and the polish, just hate the wear time.
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, Maybelline
    i_forget likes this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Maybe I`m a skeptic. But Essie used to be salon brand and has shifted into Walmart and Winners. Maybe the polish's are old or changed the formula.
    Lyssia510 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Maybe I`m a skeptic. But Essie used to be salon brand and has shifted into Walmart and Winners. Maybe the polish's are old or changed the formula.
    I thought it might be because they were older colours too but I bought a shade that just came out from Trade Secrets a few weeks ago and had the same problem. Guess I'll stick to my cheapy drugstore brands from now on.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I'm not ashamed to say that I still love Revlon's basic polishes. Sometime the latest and greatest isn't so great when you get it home :/

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Lyssia510 likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree with you completely. Essie is by far my least favourite polish. Same issues. Cracking and chipping shortly after application.
    I just gave all mine to my daughter and her and her friends play with them and I stick to buying brands that I know work for me, like Seche, No. 7, OPI...
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh! Thanks for the review! Now I know

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am not a fan of Essie nail polish. I buy it when it's very cheap. GOSH is my favorite brand. It lasts a long time with a smooth beautiful finish.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's strange that a nail polish wouldn't last even a night. I have several Essie polishes and they usually last at least 1 week without cracking or chipping.

I currently base & top coat which are by OPI. I was using Sally Hansen previously and it was fine too. I wonder if it's related to how many layers of colour is used. I do 2-3.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Yes Essie is well known for it's terrible formula actually lol. It is very over priced. Anisa is right, you are better off going with the Revlon. It is superior in formula to essie. Of course it sometimes depends on the colour, but this is just generally speaking.
    Lyssia510 likes this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yup stick with what works best for you =) I think Essie is over priced as well but once in a while I can't resist! They aren't my favourite brand but I still like them.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you, better luck with your future purchases!
    annedougherty likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This nail polish is very cheap and not performing properly. It does not work for me. Will never buy any Essie nail polish or make up.
    Smile!

Thread Information