User Tag List

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree3307Likes

Thread: Saving for summer fun - June 2014 Frugal Chatter thread

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

not sure Maddensmomma.. i only use regular Advil. which by the way as of this morning im out of. went through 5 boxes over the winter..
    anyway we've finally caught up on Survivor. have to say.. well im glad its over.
    tomorrows plan. plant the flowers dh got today and maybe take care of some business. or at least try to.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Need to do some baking for the boys lunches will do that tomorrow at the crack of dawn before it gets too warm.

I have a load of laundry hanging on the line as it's so beautiful and windy that I figured they should dry before the dew sets in or the dampness (fingers crossed).

Dh and I met our new family doctor as the other guy who was great was given a hard time but the other doctors and patients (long story) they didn't want him doing his practice and doing anestisiology partime) go figure it's okay for the older drs. who are retirement age to do it (head shake).

Anyways the new dr is very aware of the pros and cons of back surgeries as she worked along 2 surgeons in Kingston who did back surgeries so she knows what she is talking about which is a blessing. She does not believe dh would be a candidate for another surgery (he doesn't want to undergo 1 anyways) AND SHE DOESN'T believe back surgeries are a great resolution. so it's good to know she won't force him. She also doesn't believe that dh will be able to have any gainful employment given all his restriction and his intesity of pain and nerve damage.

Tonight is leftovers from the cottage (lol) as mama bear is pooped
    Do you make the majority of your kids school snacks? What kind of things do you make?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

today I drove from Calgary to Osoyoos-long way but a beautiful drive. Saw 3 bears and a wolf which was great. Checking out real estate here for possible later retirement years( warmer winters and lots of fruit and vinyards). Even went and tasted wine at one and bought a bottle to take home. Staying at a B and B and again tomorrow night and then on Tues going down to Spokane for some shopping to stock up on stuff at better prices. The lady running the B and B says she goes 5 km into the US every week to fill her tank and buy milk, eggs etc. So a lazy few( unfrugal) days for me.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Subscribed
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

MaddensMomma,why not just take 2 regular Advil?The muscle and joint version has 400 mg of Ibuprofen vs. the 200mg in the regular version-that's the only difference other than coloring and fillers.Hell,I'd just buy the generic 200s and double up...Always read the labels and ask the pharmacist about the active ingredients if you're not familiar with all the different types of over the counter pain meds.Most are packaged using the same few ingredients,but given fancy names and higher prices.Bit of a rant,but it's a pet peeve.Such a scam.....

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo happy 20 years an your son graduating
    -went on a hike with my daughter yesterday morning(red hill wooded area hike)ot flat land either up hills and down hills -going up I had to take a breather and rest-but hey I did 60 minutes
    -then went to wedding shower-was suppose to be 1.00 pm didn't start til 1.45(why cant people be on time)my daughter won a 50.00 bottle of perfume so she was happy-i came home with a container of cookies -I will freeze some for company
    -such a nice visit with my daughter -she slept over sat night -we talked and talked after supper
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, Jun 2nd, 2014 at 11:17 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by secheltsaver View Post
    MaddensMomma,why not just take 2 regular Advil?The muscle and joint version has 400 mg of Ibuprofen vs. the 200mg in the regular version-that's the only difference other than coloring and fillers.Hell,I'd just buy the generic 200s and double up...Always read the labels and ask the pharmacist about the active ingredients if you're not familiar with all the different types of over the counter pain meds.Most are packaged using the same few ingredients,but given fancy names and higher prices.Bit of a rant,but it's a pet peeve.Such a scam.....
    So true, found the same thing with other pain meds as well - we go generic, or cheapest name brand as well for both ibuprofen and acetaminophen.
    I even wrote Tylenol asking why two different items they sell under different names (and prices) have exactly the same ingredients and dosage - uh, no response from them.

I think the only time it makes a difference is using pain relievers which are dosed over eight hours, instead of four or six hours.

Good day, everyone!
    Another spend only pennies week - aside from bills, which are musts.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday! A 4 day work week for me. Heading to Ottawa for the weekend on Friday for family visiting and hopefully some couple time Would be nice for the 2 of us to take off for the afternoon if we can

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

morning ladies.. its going to be hot here.
    just trying to wake up and plan my day here.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Happy June everyone, just popping in quickly, I have been so busy and will continue to be for the summer.My part time work has turned in to full time plus some due to some mishaps at work. This is the first summer I have worked this much in a long time...good thing I enjoy it!

Wishing everyone a wonderful week ahead.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    morning ladies.. its going to be hot here.
    just trying to wake up and plan my day here.
    Here too Glad I'm at work with A/C and not running it at home

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Morning All!
    Yesterday we went to a fireman`s breakfast and then to a potluck lunch...memorial for my BIL who died a while back.
    I`ve been kept really busy with crocheting but I don`t mind that...extra $ for the CC which I need...went on a bit of a spending spree on the weekend.
    Don`t think we need many groceries this week but I did get some good PC Plus offers for things that are also on sale so I`ll be stocking up on them.

Ashley enjoy your new BBQ.

Lilo congrats on 20 years.
    Last edited by Crochetlady; Mon, Jun 2nd, 2014 at 11:18 AM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    Do you make the majority of your kids school snacks? What kind of things do you make?
    The boys each rotate baking each week and I bake once a week as well. I only keep out what they need for their lunches/snacks and freeze the rest this way when I or they bake we end up with a good variety for later use.

Jaden makes muffins and Logan makes donut wholes (timbits), cookies, turnovers etc.....

I make muffins (use up whatever produce or whatever I have on hand) and cookies as well.

We have made so far
    Pecan Pie Muffins (me)
    Donut sugar top muffins (me)
    Banana Streusel Muffins (Jaden)
    Blueberry Muffins (Jaden)
    Donut wholes/timbits (Logan)
    Apple turnovers (Logan)
    White chocolate macadamia cookies (me)

So they get a dessert whatever was made by the boys and also whatever I made as well.

So by doing this I don't buy 2 different types of granola bars etc. I still send them with a yogurt tube which I buy, raisins, apples, etc but it makes my groceries so much cheaper.
    coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

DH & I are heading back up to the cottage, inlaws are watching the boys for us and so I won't be back until maybe Friday so if I don't check in don't worry (lol).

Wishing everyone a wonderful & frugal week.

PS Natalka hope your hubby is doing okay?
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Enjoy your week at the cottage j&c hopefully it doesn't rain too much for you!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information