User Tag List

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree1434Likes

Thread: Our good friend Lynn49

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hi sweets! It's determination like you have that will move you along as fast as Mother Nature will allow. I remember having those "raise your straight leg" exercises and you think "This will never happen!" But slowly and then more quickly, it does. I hear they're looking for "Rockettes" for the Christmas Season! Remember, "4 more, 3 more, 2 more, Rest" Take care!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Glad you are getting great help with your physiotherapist, Lynn.

Hope your day goes well today!

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Well geez Lynn, just seeing this thread for the first time and I must say, when you do something you don't do it half assed! lol Now that you're in physio will you be all ready for ski season?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    Well geez Lynn, just seeing this thread for the first time and I must say, when you do something you don't do it half assed! lol Now that you're in physio will you be all ready for ski season?

So here you are! I've been thinking about you since I had this surgery and wondered where you've been hiding! Nice to see you again, Hon! How are you?!

Skiing?! Sweetie, I'll be the one walking around with those spikes strapped to my snow boots!! I don't EVER want to feel that kind of pain again, so no more falls!

Tara, how long before any scar that you had stopped being so touchy? Honestly, even a sheet on my leg feels like salt on a wound! It's healing beautifully, so no infection or anything....can those damaged nerves be responsible for that? I've googled for an answer, but nothing really applied. Did you have that problem?

Oh, it's so nice to see you here again! Please stay?!
    TaraF, avoncallingu, Dee09 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

How handy is your hubby with a welding torch? He could always rig something up with a wheel chair and some skis LOL

If you're getting prickly feelings when you touch/brush your legs I'd say that's a nerve issue. Though don't ever think you can't have an infection simply because you're healing properly. My head healed beautifully and I ended up having an infection in my cheek, the infection settled in before the wound had healed. I'd talk to your Dr if it's a big concern to you but it sounds like a nerve issue to me.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    How handy is your hubby with a welding torch? He could always rig something up with a wheel chair and some skis LOL

If you're getting prickly feelings when you touch/brush your legs I'd say that's a nerve issue. Though don't ever think you can't have an infection simply because you're healing properly. My head healed beautifully and I ended up having an infection in my cheek, the infection settled in before the wound had healed. I'd talk to your Dr if it's a big concern to you but it sounds like a nerve issue to me.
    oh, you're absolutely right, Tara...my surgeon said she had my leg open like a book to take care of the break, so all the nerves were also cut through, and it'll take a long time before they regenerate. She also said that I may get ALL my feeling back, or a good part of it. She's a top-notch surgeon and boy, was I lucky to get her...apparently there's an over 2-year waiting period just to see her! I trust her without reservation. Nerves grow, as I understand it, at a rate of 1" per month...this is going to take a while!

I just wish it was a prickly feeling, Tara, but what I have is no feeling at all. I put cream on my leg to do the incision massaging and it feels like I'm touching someone else! Truly icky!

Thank you for your concern, Sweetheart, but we must concentrate on your health issue now.
    I'll be fine.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Oh totally void of feeling is definitely a nerve and/or blood circulation issue. I still have no feeling above my right eye (it is great for plucking and waxing lol) but in your leg that's not good! I'd say the more you're walking on it and using it the more feeling you'll get. There may be some kind of cream even to promote stimulation.... talk to your pharmacist.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thank,you, Tara....believe me, I've researched it to high heaven, and nothing shortens the duration it takes for the nerve fibres to grow and come together again....
    Only time takes care of that, and I'm so impatient.
    Hope you and your hubby have a nice relaxing weekend, Hon....
    TaraF, avoncallingu and Dee09 like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hugs to you, Lynn! I have finally got "all systems working" (computer systems, that is) and I am back on board.
    Have you tried "visualization?" to encourage those pesky little nerves to get moving on their way? A little "thinking out of the box"- but couldn't hurt!
    I got our rehearsal schedule for August. I am looking forward to seeing how this production is staged. Well, 5 months today will be BOXING DAY! Ouch! I told DH today that we will need a shovel this winter so I can shovel a walk-way for walking the dogs. I am pretty sure that the snow removal guys will not be shovelling a pathway for the dogs!
    WHY am I talking about WINTER, for gosh sakes!
    Take care!
    Crochetlady, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Hugs to you, Lynn! I have finally got "all systems working" (computer systems, that is) and I am back on board.
    Have you tried "visualization?" to encourage those pesky little nerves to get moving on their way? A little "thinking out of the box"- but couldn't hurt!
    I got our rehearsal schedule for August. I am looking forward to seeing how this production is staged. Well, 5 months today will be BOXING DAY! Ouch! I told DH today that we will need a shovel this winter so I can shovel a walk-way for walking the dogs. I am pretty sure that the snow removal guys will not be shovelling a pathway for the dogs!
    WHY am I talking about WINTER, for gosh sakes!
    Take care!
    WINTER??!!? Good grief, my Friend, I haven't had any summer, yet! I have slim hopes for August, though. I do enjoy September......

So you have your rehearsal schedule?! Sooooooo...when is your dress rehearsal?! I'm not kidding, Lady...we'll be there!!

Yes, I have tried visualization, lol. Frankly, I do believe in it: "there are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio...".

Happy to to see you back, Avon! Now, no more computer glitches!
    Crochetlady and avoncallingu like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

A major "bad breathing" day today here. I do have to venture out to pick up some meds, though. MAX was doing a constant whine to get out, so I took them. SNIFF-A-THON! But the bunny that I think was his quest managed to evade their detection. They're not very good detectives!

We're hoping to have the car issue solved by next weekend. Fingers crossed. I only have the August rehearsal schedule for now but since the production is staged for Nov.6-8 and Nov. 14-15, we usually have dress rehearsals the night before the first production of the week. Sometimes these are Tech runs, though. I'll let you know.

Have a good day!
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    A major "bad breathing" day today here. I do have to venture out to pick up some meds, though. MAX was doing a constant whine to get out, so I took them. SNIFF-A-THON! But the bunny that I think was his quest managed to evade their detection. They're not very good detectives!

We're hoping to have the car issue solved by next weekend. Fingers crossed. I only have the August rehearsal schedule for now but since the production is staged for Nov.6-8 and Nov. 14-15, we usually have dress rehearsals the night before the first production of the week. Sometimes these are Tech runs, though. I'll let you know.

Have a good day!
    Oh, Hon, I'm sorry you're having breathing difficulties....what a nuisance in the summer. I hope your meds help. Will this interfere with your theatre career? You need your singing voice!

Give Max and Jesse scruffles for me and tell them that their Aunt Lynn will be visiting him soon!
    Oh. Give them a treat, too and tell the it's from me! A big treat.

Hm. Early November....I should be walking by then! Lol! Please make sure there is no snow and no ice. I do not want to fall again!!

Oh, I hope that car issue is solved! And soon, Kitten!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hoping your week went well, and that you have a relaxing weekend!

Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi Lynn

Nerves grow at the rate of 1mm per month. I had my wrist operation near the end of January 2014 and that is what my surgeon mentioned. I would like to share my story and hopefully it will add some insight..

My radial nerve had to be cut and re sewn after a growth was removed, other nerve issues and tendon problems. I had a loss of sensation in one section for awhile. It's improved over time. Occasionally burning type sensations off and on (depends on how I move my wrist). Overall all my sensation are improving, even that numb section is regaining sensation. I know with my wrist, the physiotherapist gave me desensitizing exercises to help with the sensations. It's helped. Maybe in time your physiotherapist will do the same for you or you could mention it. I'm glad things are improving for you. These things take time and you'll get there.
    Last edited by toban; Fri, Aug 1st, 2014 at 09:52 AM.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Sorry to read about your fall and surgery. Sounds very painful but I guess since you have that numbness you're probably prefer pain instead. Hope you heal quickly and get back sensation but remain pain-free.
    Lynn49 likes this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information