User Tag List

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1434Likes

Thread: Our good friend Lynn49

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Lynn - hope your feeling pain-free soon ... It's definitely not fun when you have that kind of set back. Hope you at least had a clean break so the mending can happen quickly. Don't be a hero - ask for help -- good way to get out of cleaning the house though ...mmmh

Thinking of you.
    ROMEO, avoncallingu, Dee09 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello, you special people! Avon, thank you, my Friend, for thinking of me; prayers and healing thoughts and indeed welcome! The worst part is...we've had to cancel our trip there to meet you and your hubby in a few weeks.....maybe late summer or fall? Or here?

Well, I really did a number on myself. We were at Grundy provincial park with friends, our trailers next to each other, and we all noticed how much higher their step closest to the ground was, compared to ours. So, on Tuesday afternoon we had been playing euchre in their trailer, and when we went outside, I stepped on the top step with my right foot, then left, then my right foot was supposed to land on the ground near-by, but when I stepped down and let myself "go", there was no ground and my foot landed on air. Then my ankle hit the ground as I fell to the right, then I recall my knee on the ground, then toppling backwards! Oh, yes, quite the elegant fall....not! Well....never in my life have I felt that kind of searing pain. I was grasping my knee and screaming. After settling me down a bit they tried to get me to stand on my good leg and it was horrible. They put ine on my knee, got me into a sitting position on a chair, and the guys had to carry meto the van, then my friend, who used to be a PSW worker did a "transfer" to the seat for the hour drive home. Painful, awful. Long story short, I got X-rayed then we met with the surgeon who said, "You don't do things by halves, do you?" (Smiles) evidently I broke my tibia and the inner side was pushing into my knee joint, and the outside of my knee was shattered.
    I "drew" a great surgeon, thank heavens, has a cat scan on my knee, then a 3 hour surgery which was supposed to be 1 1/2hours. I have a metal plate on the left side of my knee, and screws somewhere else.

And as Avon said, I have a hot pink top to toe cast, and my DD said she'll paint my toenails a hot pink and I will look very summery. She also bought me several soft, flowing skirts and new tops to go with them since I won't be pulling slacks or jeans over this cast. I have been surrounded by relatives and friends, and our DD made dinner for us all and just left a short while ago. I really feel blessed by the love and healing thoughts and wishes of family, friends, and my SC family....it's unfortunate we don't realize how others feel about us until we need them, when we feel that love.

Anyhoodles, I'm on very nice meds for pain, nausea, and have to inject myself with Lovenox every morning to thin my blood and prevent clots. Fingers crossed!!! It's a relief to be home, Jenny went nuts when she saw me arrive be ambulance, and found every injection site on my wrists and kissed them all better...I was very nearly pruny! She stays with me, asleep on this bed now, wakes up, stares at me, then plops her head on the bed again. My husband is a blessing, sees to my every need, helps me with my walker, crutches, etc, and will also be the sole chef here for w long while. I return after two weeks to remove my cast to get the stitches off, then I pray for a walking cast; holding this one off the ground is a real pain.

Thank you all for your heart-warming prayers, blessings and healing thoughts! I'll keep you up-dated, but for now it's nap time. Again.

Sweet dreams,my friends!!
    Kitty77, Natalka, ROMEO and 16 others like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Ouch! That sounds just horrible - I hope it doesn't put too much of a damper on your summer. Sounds like you have a good fella there taking care of you though. Sending love your way Lynn, heal up good!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Glad you are safely home! Isn't it incredible that such a seemingly everyday mis-step can cause such significant damage! You'll have to write your memoirs while you have some "quiet" time. You could use "hot pink" paper! Hugs to you! Sleep well!
    Natalka, ROMEO, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

hot pink paper .. my gracious Avon.. you are a witty one..
    Lynn. my dear.. if you wanted to be waited on all you had to do was ask... thankfully you were surrounded by the right people..
    dh and Jenny too. get some rest. take care of yourself.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Glad you're at home, and I know you will have much love and help there.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Holy what a fall. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Nice to have lots of people about to help.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Lynn so glad you are getting the best TLC possible. I have only ever had a hairline fracture, plus many sprains of the same unlucky ankle over the years from simple missteps while walking my route, and that hurt plenty so I am sure you are grateful for your pain meds now. The bright side is you can now finish that huge novel .....what was it? War and Peace? Pride and Prejudice? Keep us updated on your progress.

babies teach us acceptance

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I hear hot pink is the new black!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, you people make me smile, when all I want to do is crawl into a hole and lick my boo-boos. Where on earth do you find Doxie's in nurses outfits and a cat in a pink cast?! They're adorable, thank you!

Jenny and I had about a 2 hr nap in bed, and sheeeeeeee's back! Hubby hoped she'd stay in the beautiful outdoors while he washed the van after our camping trip, but evidently she feels that if she staysthisclose to me, I won't leave her again. Okay, so now he decided not to wash the van, and stay indoors with me. And now has Jenny on his lap, watching some game or other. Just won't leave me alone fir any length if time; which is not going to make my job of kicking him out to golf 9 holes later in the week any easier. Sigh......

Well now that I'm in this recliner in our bedroom that our DD's in-laws brought over since it's a nice small size, I'll start that novel: "No, You Cannot Walk On Air!!" ... Or ... Camping, and how to avoid a surgical team. Now where did I hide my stash of hot pink paper...........?
    Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Feb 23rd, 2015 at 08:33 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Make sure you get lots of rest and get yourself healed up quickly!!!
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

WOW! That just plain old sucks especially now that we are actually getting to summer. Feel better hun!!
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Oh dear!!!

Speedy recovery! keep your leg elevated. Swelling is your worst enemy with broken legs.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Boy, yesterday I sure thought of what happened to you, when I stepped out our back door and realized that it was such a bigger step down to the deck than the front one is - yes, for a moment, I had that dangle in mid-air... and said a quick prayer that I caught myself, and stepped down properly.
    Things can change in an instant...

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information