User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Diva Cup - LADIES ONLY!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marchBB View Post
    I'm curious to try this. Think of the positive environmental impact if more ladies switched to this!
    Cloth menstrual pads and tampons are re-usable, so environmentally friendly as well. Not everyone can use a Diva cup.
    ticul likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I'm not sure I could re-use either one of those items, the cleaning part seems like more than I'd be willing to do. A good idea for those who can though!
    harbie, marchBB, ticul and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Apart from slipping the pad/tampon into a container of water to soak before washing, it's not that different than tossing the disposible ones in the garbage. Some people just throw them straight in the laundry basket like any other laundry.

They are so much more comfortable than plastic, it's worth the small inconvenience. They don't have the same issues as pre-cleaning cloth diapers, if you catch my meaning.
    Zonny likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyetea View Post
    Apart from slipping the pad/tampon into a container of water to soak before washing, it's not that different than tossing the disposible ones in the garbage. Some people just throw them straight in the laundry basket like any other laundry.

They are so much more comfortable than plastic, it's worth the small inconvenience. They don't have the same issues as pre-cleaning cloth diapers, if you catch my meaning.
    That's a great option. The environmentally friendly part is what attracted me to this in the first place, in addition to the savings.

I know that the Diva Cup is not an option for everyone, but for me, it's SO much better than any pad or tampon I've ever tried. I know that not everyone will have the same experience, but for me the best thing about the cup is that it does not leak. I don't have to get up in the night, I don't have to go to the washroom several times a day to change sanitary products. I don't even have to think about my period except twice a day when I have empty it, which is generally first thing in the morning and a couple hours before I go to bed. There is no odour except when emptying/washing it.

I don't want to get too graphic, but I think this is where people get grossed out with the idea of the Diva Cup. You really don't see the cup full of nastiness; you sit on the toilet, remove the cup, dump it while it's still down there, then bring it out and rinse it. Yes, you do see some bodily fluids, but you see that anyway right? It's a moment, you put it back in, wash your hands and you're done for about 12 hours.

Hopefully I didn't offend or horrify anybody with the above post. It really was not my intention.
    tobiwobi and terry2144 like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I'm a HUGE fan of the Diva Cup, too! I've been using it for about six years, finally replaced it last year. Boiling it regularly is a good way to ensure it is clean. The instructions tell you not to use harsh chemicals, but I found I needed to bleach it every once in a while (I think I did it twice with my first cup). I will NOT go back to tampons! This thing is so great, I don't need to tote around a half dozen cotton rockets or find space for boxes of them in my cupboards. Yeah, it's a bit messy, but the benefits are so so worth it! I have medium to light flow, and I can typically leave it in for six hours without having to worry about it. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!
    Zonny and terry2144 like this.
    Jesus saves!
    SWAGBUCKS pays for so many of my housewares... http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DizzyB

So many ways to earn at Mintvine https://mintvine.com/users/register/...9d2f2fe5be93d3

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    That's a great option. The environmentally friendly part is what attracted me to this in the first place, in addition to the savings.

I know that the Diva Cup is not an option for everyone, but for me, it's SO much better than any pad or tampon I've ever tried. I know that not everyone will have the same experience, but for me the best thing about the cup is that it does not leak. I don't have to get up in the night, I don't have to go to the washroom several times a day to change sanitary products. I don't even have to think about my period except twice a day when I have empty it, which is generally first thing in the morning and a couple hours before I go to bed. There is no odour except when emptying/washing it.

I don't want to get too graphic, but I think this is where people get grossed out with the idea of the Diva Cup. You really don't see the cup full of nastiness; you sit on the toilet, remove the cup, dump it while it's still down there, then bring it out and rinse it. Yes, you do see some bodily fluids, but you see that anyway right? It's a moment, you put it back in, wash your hands and you're done for about 12 hours.

Hopefully I didn't offend or horrify anybody with the above post. It really was not my intention.
    I'd personally suggest women look no matter what device you are using because you need to know if everything is going how it normally does down there at this time of the month. If suddenly you have more fluid it might be cause for concern, different colors, etc.
    terry2144 likes this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Thank you Zonny for sharing your enthusiasm and all the details I have bought one a while ago and it is still in the box. I keep putting it off trying the thing out because it's so much easier to stick with what I have and gotta use all those free boxes of ob and freebie products that are sent out. But everyone I know who has tried the Diva Cup has given the same enthusiastic positive feedback and is absolutely loving it.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

thanks for sharing.. tried the softcup disposables before - actually a well know product during ovulation for those trying to trap the little swimmers and get pregnant. haha

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a soft one. But it isn't fit me. So I want to change another one. Maybe I'll try this one.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lily369 View Post
    I have a soft one. But it isn't fit me. So I want to change another one. Maybe I'll try this one.
    I've tried the SoftCup ones, didn't work well for me at all. I'm still really liking the Diva Cup.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My girlfriend loves it!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought one and have used it for 2 cycles. I found the stem bothersome and sometimes painful so I cut it off and solved that issue. It's easy to use and the ick factor is similar to tampons.

I bought it initially thinking it would solve my heavy flow and reduce the times I have to change tampons. I was using the super+ and changing every 2 hours. I was constantly in fear of an embarrassment. While I have slightly reduce my changes at my heaviest flow I can fill the cup to overflowing in a couple of hours and still need pads as a back up.

I recommend trying it! I got mine at shoppers to get my 20x point the week I didn't need many grocery items but needed to build up points for mega redemption.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I received one of these as a freebie when they first came out! I loved it because it felt natural. I have a really really light flow and for only 3-4 days max. And tampons always made me feel dried right out. I was also able to use it during sex with no spillage and according to my partner, no detection. I am not even sure what happened to it now that I think about it.

I don't use one anymore because since having an iud "installed" I am even lighter and tend not to need to use anything.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

its amazingg
    Zonny likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

VWgirl, I don't think it was a Diva Cup you used, must have been a different kind. This sits very low, would never be suitable during sex, although I've heard Softcups are.

I still love mine. I've heard of some folks remove the stem because it's bothersome, it doesn't bother me so I've kept it intact. But this part is not needed for removal. If it bugs you, (carefully) cut it off so you won't cut a hole in it. I've had it awhile now, but find that the first time or two I'm using it each month, I kind of have to remember how to do it, not quite as simple as a tampon, but SO much more effective it's worth it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information