User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree204Likes

Thread: Shooting in Moncton

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm glad he's plead guilty. Saves the families (including his own) and the entire community from having to go through the pain of a trial.
    Natalka likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Justin Bourque with be required to serve 75 years before he is eligible for parole. This is the harshest punishment in Canada since the last executions in 1962.
    abbasgirl, Natalka and Patty Smyth like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

And YAY for finally having consecutive sentencing!

Short clip of the widows speaking - so sad, but they are so brave to even speak

http://globalnews.ca/news/1647237/ju..._campaign=2014
    abbasgirl likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree, Natalka! It's nice to see justice being done for once in Canada!
    It's amazing how the same story can bring out completely different reactions in people though. I read through some of the comments on the article in the CBC yesterday. Apparently the reason this case went through the courts so quickly is that it's all part of Harper's evil agenda and it's a sad day for Canada when a poor, unfortunate 24-year-old boy has to spend the rest of his life in jail!

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

I feel sad to be bumping this thread. I am bumping it as I watch the anniversary event RCMP Musical Ride on TV. i know some people will think I am bumping for nothing but this is very important to me.
    Natalka, Patty Smyth and walkonby like this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

aw francine, I am so sorry about all the people still affected by this. I was also watching some of the coverage about the anniversary.
    Natalka and francine1985 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

A sad anniversary, indeed.

The monument unveiling ceremony was attended by the widows of slain constables Douglas Larche, Dave Ross and Fabrice Gevaudan.

The memorial chosen was designed by Newfoundland and Labrador artist Morgan MacDonald with statues of the three officers in a circle, facing outwards, with their back to a porch light. It will be placed in Riverfront Park on the bank of the Petitcodiac River in the city.

MacDonald said Thursday he wants his memorial to "be a beacon and a lasting reminder of reflection and celebration of their lives and service in the RCMP."
    "It will also be reflective of the spirit and strength of the community, a testament that this place is undeterred and strong in its ideals."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-br...ders-1.3099905
    francine1985 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

2nd anniversary of shooting deaths of 3 RCMP constables

A bronze monument featuring life-size statues of Constables Doug Larche, Dave Ross and Fabrice Gevaudan, who were gunned down two years ago, was unveiled in Moncton on Saturday.

The wives of the three slain Mounties, Nadine Larche (pink sweater), Rachael Ross (holding child) and Angela Gevaudan (striped dress), spoke at the ceremony

About 500 people attended the service. Among the speakers were RCMP Deputy Commissioner Dan Dubeau, local MP and government leader in the House of Commons Dominic LeBlanc, New Brunswick Premier Brian Gallant and former Moncton mayor George LeBlanc.
    LeBlanc said the courage and grace shown by the Mounties' wives is inspiring.
    "By your very presence here today, you share the message of love, hope and strength in the face of tragedy and adversity," he said.
    "Together as a community, may we look to this monument as a statement that we will never surrender to hatred and violence and will respond with kindness, compassion and love."

Dubeau said the memorial will be "a lasting recognition of the sacrifices of three brave members of the RCMP who ran toward danger in order to protect their community and its citizens."
    "We couldn't ask for a better setting where we can always come to reflect and more importantly to remember three men, three fathers, three sons, three heroes who made the ultimate sacrifice in the service of their country," he said.

From left, Constables Douglas James Larche, 40, from Saint John, Dave Joseph Ross, 32, from Victoriaville, Que., and Fabrice Georges Gevaudan, 45, from Boulogne-Billancourt, France

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-br...615620?cmp=rss
    francine1985 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Honour guard

The children of Rachel Ross wearing tiny red surge

Three lights surround the memorial to the 3 fallen Officers in #Moncton a Mountie Hat covers each
    The lights also represent the porch lights left on by the people during the search for the gunman

photos from
    Stephen PuddicombeVerified account

@sdpuddicombe

National reporter - CBC
    francine1985 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Doug Larche, three ballet shoes one for each of his girls

Dave Ross, a toy for his Canine partner

Fabrice Gevaudan, a photo of him & emma in his hat

https://twitter.com/sdpuddicombe

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Those personal touches just make the monument..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I just heard of others on the radio

Gevaudan mastered a range of skills during his career, and there are imprints of challenge coins he earned for such things as becoming a member of the underwater recovery team.

Around the statues is a maple leaf element, with leaves for each family, the area communities, and for local schools. Earlier this year, 1,500 people turned out to provide impressions of their thumb prints that were later cast into the bronze leaves.

Doug Larche - a gum wrapper since he loved to chew gum. Larche, who was a jogger, has an imprint of his running shoe at the base of his statue.

Ross was a dog handler and outdoor enthusiast. The footprints of his dog, Danny, are there, along with those of his two children and wife. There are also footprints of animals, such as deer.

The monument features the three men wearing different uniforms — Larche in the red serge, Ross in the uniform of a dog master, Gevaudan in the working patrol uniform

On Dave Ross'

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information