User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: Shopping lists for Super Bonus Redemption

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sirandrewr View Post
    I called HO and they said no you can't combine 20x with a redemption. My son carried home the television and hooked it up in his bedroom. I got to look at the television for about 2 minutes before I was told to leave the room. He is very happy.
    I did a second redemption yesterday and got all grocery items.
    I'm sorry to hear that, one big example of how inconsistent it is; we bought the same item, same day and used the same Shopper's coupon. In my case, I asked before I had the cashier get the tv from the counter behind and was told that using it would be no problem at all.

Sounds like you have one happy son. I would have loved seeing him carrying it down the street. I think you/he got more than your money's worth!
    Last edited by maple7; Mon, Jun 9th, 2014 at 08:28 PM.
    dahliagrower likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I called HO and they said no you can't combine 20x with a redemption. My son carried home the television and hooked it up in his bedroom. I got to look at the television for about 2 minutes before I was told to leave the room. He is very happy.
    I have to say I'm pretty shocked and disappointed to hear that is their answer. I know it says cannot be combined...but you are still fulfilling the requirements of the coupon by spending the required amount after your redemption.
    Not quite the same situation (as it was not a bonus redemption), but I did a redemption for a $170 for a laptop in February during a gas card promo and used my 18,500 points WUS $75 email coupon and received both the cards and the points (the following month) with no issues.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I will keep this in mind for future redemptions. Too bad you didn't know before hand, it might have been more worthwhile to get 20x the points on TV and just claim all your groceries. In the long run, it might save you more money?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Due to redemption, I've depleted my points balance. time to work on getting it past 200k points again. I want more free stuff! lol
    amira84 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I was just thinking, depending on what the balance was after redemption, it could have been that the balance owing was mostly taxes which would not be the minimum requirements to use the coupon. Either way you didn't get to use it and HO said you can't but I personally know people that have and received the points.
    Bottom line is your son is happy and that's worth more than anything.
    luckbealady likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jennieMB View Post
    Turns out the Kindles (with the exception of Fire) can't be used to borrow e-books from any Canadian Libraries (had never crossed my mind that any didn't). But they can use them in the states to borrow e-books from American libraries. So for my purposes I will return it... it was the only e-reader at my Shoppers but maybe another location has a Kobo(Do they still sell these?).
    This is why I got a Kobo. My sister had done the research a few years before, as she uses hers for library books.

I got my Kobo at SDM around Easter last year, on a bonus redemption day. It's the Kobo mini. I love it. Sadly, it died on me in early December, just before we left for vacation. Fortunately, has a one year warranty. Contacted Kobo, and they sent me a replacement.
    dahliagrower likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    I have to say I'm pretty shocked and disappointed to hear that is their answer. I know it says cannot be combined...but you are still fulfilling the requirements of the coupon by spending the required amount after your redemption.
    Not quite the same situation (as it was not a bonus redemption), but I did a redemption for a $170 for a laptop in February during a gas card promo and used my 18,500 points WUS $75 email coupon and received both the cards and the points (the following month) with no issues.
    Just checked my accounts and I did get the 20x on the remaining balance of the Bonus redemption. So my net OPP spent for laptop is around $120. I was worry about not getting the 20x points bc the coupon I used does not mention anything about redemption. I have another coupon that says "20x points will be awarded after redemption and coupons amount" but during the check out I just gave the cashier 1 randomly.

Point is regular redemption and bonus redemption is the same, bc the even if you insist to redeem $170, you can't bc system does not have that amount during bonus redemption.
    Last edited by Decaf; Sun, Jun 29th, 2014 at 02:04 PM.
    luckbealady likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information