User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Looking for a New Foundation

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used to use Clinique SuperFit liquid foundation and loved it. It was discontinued a few years ago. The expert at the counter recommended Acne Solutions Foundation as a new choice. I have been using it for a few years and really believe it has caused me to break out. I have read reviews and apparently I'm not alone with this issue. I recently asked the Clinique make-up artist at Sears what she would recommend and she gave me a sample of the Super Balanced foundation. I tried it today and find it doesn't cover very well. I need something that will make my skin look flawless, not be greasy, and won't cause me to break out. I am willing to purchase outside of Clinique. I heard Make-Up Forever Mat Velvet + is great but I don't have a Sephora in my town and don't like to purchase things on line. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you !
    This thread is currently associated with: Sears, Sephora

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

beautypedia has a good database of cosmetics and reviews.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautypedia/
    Mia and emilyone like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you want great coverage, you can try the Kat Von D Tattoo foundation. Its matte and covers flaws well. Bare Minerals Matte is also a good option, but its medium coverage.
    bmc likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

makeup forever HD foundation
    Candini likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trading Score
    102 (97%)

Pur Minerals powder foundation, flawless!
    FT: TONS of $1 Unilever Icecream,including BREYERS! EXP: AUG 31ST!

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I like make up forever foundation too. I`ve heard great things about the Kat von D one which I want to try soon

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    I like make up forever foundation too. I`ve heard great things about the Kat von D one which I want to try soon
    Were you able to purchase the Forever Makup line in Canada? I don't like doing on-line purchases. I can't find this make-up anywhere in stores in Ontario.
    Candini likes this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greeny View Post
    Were you able to purchase the Forever Makup line in Canada? I don't like doing on-line purchases. I can't find this make-up anywhere in stores in Ontario.
    Sorry for the late post. I have found it easily in Sephora as well at the Bay.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Sorry for the late post. I have found it easily in Sephora as well at the Bay.
    They have it at The Bay? I'll check it out next time I go. Thanks !

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Tarte Amazonian Clay is amazing(the foundation not the mineral powder), but it's only sold online or at Sephora. I've heard Bourjis Healthy Mix is a good doupe for Tarte and it's available at certain Shoppers Drug Mart locations, I'm actually going to try it out tomorrow. Lancôme Teinte Idol is good if you don't need a lot of coverage(lasts on your face forever, but you can't layer it without it being cakey). I've heard great things about Estée Lauder double wear for full coverage and long wearing, but I've never tried it myself. Mac is a decent option. Not overly expensive, sales people are usually snotty as hell but almost every Bay store sells it and it does the job.
    greeny likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Guerlain - Lingerie de Peau
    greeny and Mia like this.

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

I'm looking for a good foundation as well and heard good things about Geurlain. But my problem is that I tried many foundations, all of them cause dryness to my skin. Yes, I know, I have to wear a moisturizer, then - foundation. But I don't want to extend my very short make up routine. And I don't want a beauty balm as well, they give almost no coverage. And, on the other hand, I don't want heavy coverage, just light to medium.

MUFE HD was extremely dry for my skin. For example, my forehead is not that dry, but MUFE made that very flaky (2nd time happened, 1st time - with Revlon Photo Ready - awful foundation).

Lancome foundations are super heavy for me, again cause dryness.

Tarte Amazonian Clay contains minerals, that will be good for oily skin, minerals cause dryness.

Recently I've heard many good things about Clinique Even Better Make UP with SPF 15 (Clinique belongs to Estee Lauder). I want to try that and see, if that will be good.

Right now the only foundation which is really good to my skin is Cover Girl + Olay 2-in-1 tone rehab with serum. But that has so strong smell, I don't like smelly foundations.

So my own search for a good foundation still continues...
    greeny likes this.
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505
    And earn Amazon and other gift cards as well, fast and easy! Anyone can!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/refer/zerehas

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

If you have The Bay, try Bobby Brown. I believe, your skin is oily, so maybe that will be good for you.

Also Nars Sheer Glow will be good for you (The Bay has, as I know). No, it is not sheer, it is really very matte foundation.

P.S. Stay away from Dior Nude foundation. It contains alcohol, the main skin irritant.
    greeny likes this.
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505
    And earn Amazon and other gift cards as well, fast and easy! Anyone can!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/refer/zerehas

bmc
    Female
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I use bare minerals for light to medium coverage. I also like Kat Von D, a little goes a LONGGG way!
    greeny likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information