User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree245Likes

Thread: I can't believe this happened to us

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponconfusion View Post
    oh my god you guys convinced me especially you Torontogal. Just emailed sdm.
    Way to go!

I know how you feel, I'm a very shy person and I try to stay away from conflict. But that doesn't mean YOU deserve to be treated with anything less than respect. I'm so happy you decided to contact HQ - this is one of those times where it is definitely worth it to stand up for yourself.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Nobody should be humiliated like that.
    If I was innocent and accused falsely I wouldn't let it just lie. People in the position of manager should know how to deal with people to de-escalate a situation not inflame it. She didn't handle this right and people who can make sure this doesn't happen again need to know. I'm glad you took the advice you got here.
    ticul and momi like this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh my goodness. Sorry to hear you had such a terrible experience. Glad you did something about it. Keep us updated please.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

wow! I just read the thread from start to finish. What on earth would posses that manager to make such an accusation? It boggles the mind, surely she is aware that she is accountable for her comments to customers? Keep us posted on their ( HO ) response. An apology is the least you should get.
    ticul, torontogal12 and momi like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I'm glad you complained. Shoppers needs to do an overhaul of their employees, they're worse than Walmart for stupidity and lack of common sense.
    Poirot and ticul like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

We were once threatened to be removed from Walmart for using valid coupons on valid products.Head office had a field day with that one when we called to report the incident.Glad you contacted head office nobody should be accused of things like that for no reason..crazy.
    walkonby, ticul and momi like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Agree with Natalka. Don't go there again.
    I'll probably never forget.
    Happened to me at Oshawa Target
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/376880-target-rant-canada/

Next time, if I remember, I am going to say, "If you suspect theft or product tampering, you should call the police. I'll wait. I need the police report to send to your head office when I tell them of your false accusation."

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

That's terrible! I hope that SDM head office gets back to you ASAP and rectifies immediately! You shouldn't have to feel uncomfortable when you did nothing wrong it's not right! Good for you for contacting them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If they don't reply quickly and with enough ass-kissing to give you an almighty butt-bruise, post publicly and make a spectacle. Facebook, twitter, link to here.

That's unacceptable and that's why I'm wary of SDM. That is just RUDE AS HELL. I had an experience with an absolutely horrible manager myself, and after complaining, I got a personal apology from the store manager/owner for her disgusting behavior and lack of customer service.

You should make a fuss over this. That is NOT right.

Where I work, staff (or management) aren't allowed to just go look at video feeds, I'm sure it has something to do with privacy. That is Loss Prevention's domain and theirs only. I assume there is a very good reason for that and I bet that lots of companies have that policy and she doesn't have access to the cameras at all and was bluffing to try and scare you.
    Decaf, Shwa Girl, keeko1 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would also like to hear what has happened afterwards.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

OMG, that is a HUGE ACCUSATION. So, so sorry that you 2 had to go trought this. That is trully unacceptable. Something as to be done. Please keep us post it. I would go on facebook and tweter also and tell your nightmare of a story.

Again, sorry that this happen to you and your DH.

Reading this make's me so made and if it was me being accuse of something like this. I would charge her as this is a accusation for it and she would deserve it big time. (just my opinion)

New trade list
    Trading Score
    237 (100%)

So sorry this happen/ I would def contact SDM right away. I would call them first thing in the morning and tell them what happened. Alot of times filling out those surveys gets you know where. Phone them so you can actually feel something will be done. I had an incident at Canadian Tire and I called head office right away and they are actually doing something about it. Let us know what happens.
    Poirot, couponconfusion and momi like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

oh my god you guys convinced me especially you Torontogal. Just emailed sdm.
    I'm glad you emailed them. That is a serious accusation and for her to do that in the middle of the store is just not right. TO me, if I had decided to stick some reduced stickers on something else, I wouldn't ask someone if the stickers were valid before. Honestly. Those stickers do not stick well to milk cartons because of the condensation. I've seen it at other stores where they're sliding off.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks for the kind words.....still no response ...I private messaged them through facebook.....should I write to them again through their website or post it on fb?
    momi likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

chantel you're hilarious!!!
    Shwa Girl and momi like this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information