• 2 Post By TooCouponCrazy
  • 3 Post By ticul
  • 2 Post By seylz_gurl
  • 2 Post By SharonMe
  • 2 Post By peachy1

Thread: A great start to the weekend

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I normally take DS to LION program(similar to early years) on Fridays. A few weeks ago the facilitators wanted feedback from parents as to the kind of activities that we'd love for us & our kids to participate in. I suggested music & dancing( activities that DS & I enjoy). They mentioned parent child swim, picnic, splash pads etc. The bus has had mechanical problems so for the past two Fridays the program was cancelled . However, were contacted and told of the decision to take public transit to the community room @ Fortinos for ZUMBA ...I didn't wait for her to finish, I just told her " we're in"..Well, this morning came & I got to the neighbourhood school where we were to meet but i saw nobody except a maintenance worker cutting the grass on a tiding machine. i thought we were late. I called home & asked DH to read me the note on fridge..we were 1 hr early loll. What to do? I took a new route to go back home & met a neighbour for the first time . We chatted for about 40 mins.As soon as we got in front of our house, another neighbour saw me and there was another chatting session. I had to run and as soon as I got to the entrance , they were just leaving, heading in my direction to the bus stop. We rode for free & We arrived early so it was decided to kids tour the garden centre( i git DS's furs pics in a garden centre . we had circle time & story time until the Zumba coach arrived and then he had to set up music etc...All I'll say is that I perspired. it was FUNN for all. I was given a ticket to take the bus back but we strolled Fortino's, mainly paying attention to the patio related section. I then went back to the garden centre and decided to walk it home. As I passed the neighbourhood TD Bank, I noticed a tent, I heard music so it was ideal..a fundraiser for Sick Kids; i made a donation & got a hotdog & Pepsi Next?? ( the newest one )..I sat and fed DS while eating comfort food( tossed half the pop, don't like it) Another Zumba instructor arrived but Zumba wasn't scheduled to start until an hours time so was face painting for the kids..It took me about 45 mins but I enjoyed the walk home.I had fun for free, had new experiences/discoveries with DS & did a good deed...no better way to start my weekend.
    This thread is currently associated with: Coach, Fortinos
    ticul, d.ot, peachy1 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great brag. Sounds like a great day to me.

I love Zumba.
    ticul and Shirnette like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Awwwwwwww, so nice to have a beautiful day like this with your child. Those days with my son were the most beautiful one. I sure wish you many days like this with your little one. Latter in life you will remember those days and it will bring a joyable smile.

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful brag...................

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

sounds like a nice day. I've been wanting to try the Pepsi Next as it has less sugar in it.
    Shirnette and TooCouponCrazy like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

That was really a nice day. You can't put a price on spending time with your kids and getting to know your neighbours.
    Plus doing something both you and your child enjoy. It doesn't get better.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Thanks for sharing

Thread Information