User Tag List

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

This is kind of random but maybe someone has had some experience with this here. My DH used a coupon code he received in the mail to sign up for Google Ad Words - Get $150 in credit if you spend $50. 6 weeks later I get the MC bill and there are two charges for $250 and $500 from Google Adwords. My husband is shocked by these charges. He goes into his Google AdWords account and somehow it is set to a max of $20 a day. Each click costs us $6.38. He was unaware of this. This was an ad for his business in which he makes $300 a month so it has eaten up all his income for 3 months. (There was an additional $150 not on the MC bill already)

Anyone with suggestions on how to approach Google AdWords about reducing this amount? I do not believe they were fraudulent but my husband did not understand these terms. If not, we will need to take a huge hit on his business.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Just joined Kiva.org, an organization that funds micro-loans to people in developing countries. I love the idea that the $25 I saved in groceries can be given to a fish woman with 5 children in the Philippines to help grow her business.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Explain the situation to them as you did here? They'll probably at least give you a break.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by chillys-willy View Post
    This is kind of random but maybe someone has had some experience with this here. My DH used a coupon code he received in the mail to sign up for Google Ad Words - Get $150 in credit if you spend $50. 6 weeks later I get the MC bill and there are two charges for $250 and $500 from Google Adwords. My husband is shocked by these charges. He goes into his Google AdWords account and somehow it is set to a max of $20 a day. Each click costs us $6.38. He was unaware of this. This was an ad for his business in which he makes $300 a month so it has eaten up all his income for 3 months. (There was an additional $150 not on the MC bill already)

Anyone with suggestions on how to approach Google AdWords about reducing this amount? I do not believe they were fraudulent but my husband did not understand these terms. If not, we will need to take a huge hit on his business.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    I also keep on getting this in my mail to sign up for some Google Ad Words account , from a firm called Net Firms..where they will give me some free google ad sense words & $ 50 FREE initially etc. It was too complicated for me . Lot of click fraud issues with google adsense etc

First, I think its better if you close your agreement with them , to avoid further charges thru clicks & then fight the existing charges if you think they are wrong.

Don't really know how to fight them , but the link below should give you a brief idea about how & why they charge

https://support.google.com/adwords/a..._topic=3123053

Some things there :

.... Sometimes, your bank statement charges look a bit different from those you see in your AdWords account. Here are some common reasons why:

Charges are off by a day or two
    In most cases, this is expected because charges can post to AdWords and bank statements on different days. Since both AdWords and banks operate on different systems, payments don't always happen at the same time.
    Bank charges aren't appearing in AdWords
    If this happens, here's what you can do to review the two accounts:

1. If you have more than one AdWords account, check each account to see if the charges appear. (In many cases, your 10-digit customer ID number is shown on your bank statement.) See more about how charges appear below, or learn more about unauthorized charges.
    2. If you still can't figure out where the charge is coming from, you can contact our support team. Have a screenshot or scanned copy of the charges in question ready. This will help us research the charge more easily. And be sure to block out all charges and other information that isn't associated with the charge in question -- your privacy is important to us.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Thanks for the ideas. I will report what happens so you know.
    Just joined Kiva.org, an organization that funds micro-loans to people in developing countries. I love the idea that the $25 I saved in groceries can be given to a fish woman with 5 children in the Philippines to help grow her business.

Thread Information