• 2 Post By c0up0nl0v3r
  • 2 Post By DolceBella
  • 3 Post By ticul
  • 2 Post By frugalmom

Thread: Father's Day gift from kids brag

Frugalmom
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

I'm a daycare provider and needed a idea for the kids to make their Dads. Since I recently got an awesome deal on Chipits (1.29)x8 and Sugar (10 cents)X2 I decided to get the kids involved in baking. I've made giant chocolate chip cookies to sell at a number of garage sales in the past but packaging is always a problem. Went to Michaels to purchase boxes and also Zehrs bakery to see if they might sell me a few pie boxes.....no luck. I then remembered that Pizza places also have good sturdy boxes that they might sell. Walked into New Orleans and I was told they didn't sell boxes. Then as soon as he heard it was for a Fathers day gift idea he was quick to hand me 5 at no cost. These boxes flipped inside out.....are PERFECT. The kids will colour a giant cookie to attach to the box..."A COOKIE FOR DAD" Another idea was to make several kinds of fudge cutting them into small squares with a caption that read...."Dad, I love you to pieces."
    This thread is currently associated with: Garage, Michaels Arts and Crafts, Zehrs
    Open an account with Tangerine (ING) using my ORANGE KEY...29564343S1. When you open an account and deposit 100.00 you and I will both receive $25.00. Wait that's not all.....I will also send you 15.00 worth of coupons from your wishlist as a way of saying thanks.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

That's a great idea! It's always a struggle to come up with something exciting and not too expensive for the children to make their parents!
    ticul and TooCouponCrazy like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    154 (100%)

I love the fudge idea! I might have to use that!!
    ticul and TooCouponCrazy like this.
    Get Motivated, get Inspired, get FIT - Follow me ~ https://www.facebook.com/ForeverFITCourtney/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

You sure have a great idea. Here they are making special seassoning for Dad so wen thei use the BBQ thei will have the best one. They bought some small jar (looks like mason jar) the children painted something and they also have on it their little finger prints (thumb). I was like Awwwwwwwww wen I seen that so, so cute. Day care worker/provider/teacher all have great creative arts for children. One year my son made me a flower pot made with paper and it was so cute. I had to trow it out almost 10 year latter because it got to old. Just to say that keeping souvenirs from them is so special.

Well Frugalmom I know some fathers will be very happy and I think you have on off the best job in the world. Because working with children is MAGICAL. Thank you so much for sharing a great brag................

Frugalmom
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

Someone suggested I do a BBQ theme this year but I had done that last Fathers day. I had a picture of each child taken out beside my BBQ wearing a chefs hat and holding a very large spatula. The caption on the frame they decorated said, "Daddys little helper. And you guessed it......I gave each Dad a bottle of FREE -Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce.
    Open an account with Tangerine (ING) using my ORANGE KEY...29564343S1. When you open an account and deposit 100.00 you and I will both receive $25.00. Wait that's not all.....I will also send you 15.00 worth of coupons from your wishlist as a way of saying thanks.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great brag, great ideas, love it.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Under Armour sandals for father in law from Sport Chek (used $20 GC from spending $100 on previous sale (Buy one get one half off sale). Turned out to be the same as buying a pair of cheaper sandals from Walmart.

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

I love your ideas! The children are going to be so proud of themselves because they helped make the treats for their dads!

Thread Information