User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: soft drinks, do they affect you?

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I admit I have had my weaknesses when it comes to drinking pop over the years. For the most part I abstained, but every now and then I would " crave " a Coke, or even a ginger-ale. Turns out the sugar was what I was craving, but I did not realize it back then.
    Just saw this video and I know some will say " who boils pop? " but it sure is another eye opening example of the things we innocently ingest that can become a problem for our health later.

This thread is currently associated with: N/A

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Yuck! I was a bottle-a-day type drinker up until a few months ago. I needed this video a few years ago, blah it is like tar!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

my brothers gutt was affected by that crap. yuck.
    i drink gingerale on a the very rare occasion. i find it very sweet. usually just bring my mio along to restaurants and ask for ice water.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sunshine, I used to drink the diet stuff, but then, thru hit and miss testing, found out that aspartame gave me "restless legs syndrome"!
    I still have the odd pop, but only the diet ones with sucralose (Splenda). Not ideal, but sometimes only a root beer will do.
    I wish my hubby would break the habit...it just kills me when I see him having one.
    I just found a product similar to Mio at RCSS that has sucralose and not aspartame!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Jun 16th, 2014 at 04:29 PM.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

I had a school teacher that use to say you could dissolve a nail in cola. Not sure if that's true. The video isn't too surprising though since cola is mostly carbonated water, sugar, and molasses.

If I drink cola for a few days in a row is my teeth hurt, like receeding gums kinda pain.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

We gave it up quite a few years ago but when pressed for something to drink I have occasionally had some and now I find it tastes just like chemicals especially sprite.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

By the way I love the Crazy Russian guy

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BC Gal View Post
    I had a school teacher that use to say you could dissolve a nail in cola. Not sure if that's true. The video isn't too surprising though since cola is mostly carbonated water, sugar, and molasses.

If I drink cola for a few days in a row is my teeth hurt, like receeding gums kinda pain.
    http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/acid.asp

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors...m#.U5-ozbGa_pQ
    hollyquaiscer and BC Gal like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

When I was in my early 20's I was a 2 liter of coke a day gal.....now, I can't remember the last time I even had a soft drink of any kind. I got a Blendtec bender for Christmas from dh and I do make my own ginger-ale, but with real ginger and a teaspoon of agave nectar, it's soo good
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 3 others like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I always liked cold , ice water. I don`t mind clear pop, ginger ale or sprite here and there. Any time I drink cola, root beer I feel like crap. Too much sugar. Goes for anything really.

I feel better after I have fresh made juice

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I see all these soda machines out there now, seems they're really pushing the sugary stuff into homes. If its not bad enough that people buy it by the gallon, now they want everyone to be able to make there own at home. I was amazed at how easy it is to make amazing tasting drinks made from real fruit at home just using some carbonated water, I doubt I'll ever buy a soda again. My newest faze in Piroski syrup (elderberry), muddled with some fresh mint, then just add some carbonated water....I serve it in a wine glass with ice......people may think I'm drinking at 9 in the morning LOL
    Natalka, walkonby and ticul like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by BC Gal View Post

Not true, we tried with my kid to dissolve a nail for a week. Nothing happened

And yes, any carbonated water (even without sugar) increases teeth sensibility.
    ticul likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You're right, it's not a good feeling at all for my teeth 😦 I stay away from pop and anything carbonated now, and I always regret it when I forget.
    Last edited by Your604; Tue, Sep 30th, 2014 at 05:51 PM.
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've cut out Pepsi except the rare time I drink rum and coke or a long island ice tea. Pop affects my stomach and I also start gaining weight drinking too much of it. I stick to ice cold water with a slice of lemon. I don't miss drinking pop.
    walkonby likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

no one here asks me to purchase pop anymore which is great, but sometimes when I am grocery shopping I bravely walk all the way down the pop and chip aisle my heart beating fast, my eyes darting back and forth at all the choices and then I feel like cheering when I reach the end without buying ANYTHING!! lol!!
    toban likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information