User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: $100 Canada Savings Bond- Compound Interest- Matured 2004: How much now?**UPDATED**

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Waiting period? I was just told by TD that I would have to pay $25 each. I was hoping to find them but haven't.
    From the CSB website:

Report a lost, stolen or destroyed bond by contacting Customer Service for Certificated Bonds. This will initiate the mandatory 120-day waiting period for matured and unmatured bond certificates. If you have your Customer ID, address at the time of purchase, along with the complete bond certificate serial number(s) and the exact name as it appears on the certificate, this will help to expedite the processing of your request.
    How they expect you to have the serial numbers of the bond you can't find is a strange thing.. I know I sure didn't! Nonetheless, that is the first step.

Than....

Replacement process

• A Bond of Indemnity (BofI) form will be sent to you, with instructions on how to submit the form. It will need to be completed by all bond owners and signed in the presence of a commissioner (e.g., for taking affidavits) or a notary public (e.g., lawyer, Justice of the Peace, town clerk or city hall clerk).
    • Replacement fees to guarantee the value of the loss are applicable and determined as follows:

Replacement process

• A Bond of Indemnity (BofI) form will be sent to you, with instructions on how to submit the form. It will need to be completed by all bond owners and signed in the presence of a commissioner (e.g., for taking affidavits) or a notary public (e.g., lawyer, Justice of the Peace, town clerk or city hall clerk).
    • Replacement fees to guarantee the value of the loss are applicable and determined as follows:

$25 for a bond up to $1000, $35 for 1000.01 to 3,500, If you have a bond higher than that, why are you buying bonds in the first place! Kidding it is 2% of the value.
    As for TD saying you just pay $25 each with no waiting, incorrect. Does not surprise me though. The financial advisor at RBC told me I would get my $100 back and no interest after they held my money for 14 years, not true. I know they are crooked but not THAT crooked!

Hope that helps!
    Anna Michele likes this.
    Insurance Graduate Class of 2014
    I need coupons big time!

What do you do with a elephant that has three balls? Walk him and pitch to the Rhino!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thanks! I should get going on this as they are due soon (they were 10 year bonds so I wasn't in a hurry as I was hoping to find them before they mature) Thanks for the info

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What is the rush? I have had mine for 20 years. They MATURED in 2004!!! LOL Why not let the government hold on to your money a little bit longer????
    I need coupons big time!

What do you do with a elephant that has three balls? Walk him and pitch to the Rhino!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

lol Ya I did that with a few I just cashed in last year. They were a few years overdue.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just updating this. I received my actual bonds on the weekend from my dad. I am taking them into Royal Bank today to see how much they are worth. I guess I will find out today who is right, Smart Canuckers or the guy at RBC. I am guessing the SC people are right that it earned interest until 2004 and than stopped there.

I still can't figure out how much it is worth but will know later on today! I will update tonight after work.
    Anna Michele likes this.
    I need coupons big time!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information