User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Love Saving!! Walmart, LD, Safeway, and Target. Paid $50 for almost $200 of stuff.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

So happy about my shopping today. Took little one out, parked the car in one area and walked to all the stores. Got lots of good deals and exercise! And he loves being outside.

Walmart
    2x Poise Liners @ 2.86 – 2x 4.00 (printables)
    2x Aveenp Baby products @ 4.99 (PM Save-On) - 5.00 wub2 (Healthy Essentials)
    1x Balance Protein Bar @ 1.67 – FPC
    1x Travel J&J Baby Oil @ 2.00
    - 5.00 Aveeno (Snapsaves)
    Total OOP = 1.51

London Drugs
    6x Ocean Tuna @ .99
    1x Hellman’s Mayonaise @ 3.99
    1x Dempsters Bread @ 2.79 – FPC (LD Coupon free with Mayonaise)
    - 2.00 (Hellman's CO51)
    Total OOP = 7.93

Target
    2x Axe Shower Gel @ 3.99 (PM Save-On) – 2x 1.00 (Target) – 3.00 wub2 (Unilever)
    2x Huggies Swim Diapers @ 2/20.00 (PM LD) – 2x 2.00 (Target) – 2x 2.00 (Smartsource)
    1x Swim Diaper Reusable @ 4.99 (50% 0ff all swim items)
    1x Air Mattress @ 4.99 (50% off)
    1x Sports Bra @ 5.99 (70% off)
    4x Poise Liners @ 6.19 – 4 @ 4.00 (Printable) – 4 @ 2.50 (Target)
    - 5.00 (CO51 Axe)
    - 2.00 (Snapsaves Huggies Diapers)
    -.73 (Red Card)
    Total OOP = 26.72

Safeway
    2x Mott’s Clamato @ 4.39 – 4.39 (2 for 1)
    2x Coke @ 2.49 – 2.49 (2 for 1)
    2x Duracell D’s 4 @ 13.49 – 13.49 (2 for 1) – 2x 1.00 (P&G) PLUS 50 Airmiles!!
    2x Oikos Greek Yogurt @ 4.29 – 4.29 (Websaver Coupon)
    1x Tomatoes @ 2.12
    - 10.00 E Certificate (Airmiles Cash)
    Total OOP = 18.18

Total before PM, Coupons, Airmiles and Rebates = 197.25
    Total OOP = 54.34 plus 50 Airmiles (worth 5.00)

Notes:
    * If I bought 2 wipes at Target for 3.49 each and used 2x 1.50 (Target) and 2.00 wub2 (Smartsource) I would have been able to claim huggies/wipes – 4.00 twice on Snapsaves and had an even lower OOP plus free wipes.
    * Cashier at Target was very happy for me for my savings. She counted all the coupons at the end and told me how much I saved.
    * As I said I parked my car in a central location and walked to the stores around and then back to my car to drop off items after each shop. Safeway was about a 10 minute walk away. After making my purchase I was almost at my car when a lady called to me. I looked back and it was a Safeway employee in full uniform. It was hot out too and I walk fast even with a stroller and bags of groceries. She said a cashier saw me leaving the store without paying and asked to see my receipt, she was winded from following me, It was crazy I crossed two main roads and walked down a half block to a crosswalk and back up. I showed her the receipt and she huffed and puffed and said thank-you. I laughed and said at least she is getting her exercise for the day.

Any question on the shop or coupons used, please comment. Thanks for letting me share. I love saving and I appreciate this community of like minded people.
    This thread is currently associated with: Air Miles, Huggies, London Drugs, Safeway, Smart Source, Target, Walmart, Websaver

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Amazing savings! There is a $5 cash back offer from CO51 for $5 wub2 axe shower gel, hope you can take advantage of it, making $2 by doing so!
    Last edited by Jp-13; Tue, Jul 1st, 2014 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Typo
    ssbean, ticul, momi and 1 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Thanks JP-13 got that one!!
    I was happy to see the Hellman's one too. Didn't know it was good for any of them. What a bonus with the free bread too!

Quote Originally Posted by Jp-13 View Post
    Amazing savings! There is a $5 cash back offer from CO51 for $5 wub2 axe shower gel, hope you can take advantage of it, making $2 by doing so!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Thanks for sharing your brag.
    Quote Originally Posted by shopperwho View Post
    After making my purchase I was almost at my car when a lady called to me. I looked back and it was a Safeway employee in full uniform. It was hot out too and I walk fast even with a stroller and bags of groceries. She said a cashier saw me leaving the store without paying and asked to see my receipt, she was winded from following me, It was crazy I crossed two main roads and walked down a half block to a crosswalk and back up. I showed her the receipt and she huffed and puffed and said thank-you. I laughed and said at least she is getting her exercise for the day.
    Not a nice accusation by the cashiers at that store.
    I may have said, if they suspect theft, they should call the police, so I can get a police report and sue the store. Don't they have loss prevention staff at that store? Is that not the job of the loss prevention staff?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

nice deals all around
    ssbean, ticul and momi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Nice brag! You saved tons and I actually thought this was going to be a stacking brag but you did great without it.

How did you get the Oikos coupon?

Too bad about the accusation at the end. Loss prevention officers would've handled that a lot better. Not "hey you we think you didn't pay"
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Really enjoyed reading your shopping brag, saving more money on groceries with little kid. The store people should not have done that.
    ssbean, ticul, momi and 1 others like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

great savings!!!
    ssbean, ticul and momi like this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Awesome!
    ssbean and ticul like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Awesome savings! Go to love stacking coupons with rebates!

It's kind of crazy the Safeway employee employee followed you that far only to see the accusation was wrong in the first place.
    ssbean and momi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Wow, you did great and lots of saving. Sorry to ear that they did this to you. That is really, really unprofessional of them.

I would too say to her to call the cops if I was accuse of not paying something. I know it is hard wen you have LO with you.

Thank you for sharing your brag...................................
    ssbean, momi and TooCouponCrazy like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post

TG - It was a Danone coupon - through websaver - exclusively for use at Safeway. It was B1G1 Free - I know because I still have mine as we no longer have any Safeways here on Vancouver Island. It expired yesterday.... I had thought of trying it at Walmart as they will accept competitors coupons but I just didn't get to walmart to try

Shopperwho - great shop .... and way to keep your cool on the being followed out by the SW employee.... She's probably just doing her job and as long as she simply asked the question (no tone or accusation) .... and your LO would have picked up on your anxiety if you felt it was confrontational - all in all nicely handled
    Last edited by dahliagrower; Tue, Jul 1st, 2014 at 01:19 PM.
    ssbean and momi like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Oikos was a websaver 2 for 1 on Danino, Oikos, or Activia Greek. Weird because it was only good at Safeway. Expired yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Nice brag! You saved tons and I actually thought this was going to be a stacking brag but you did great without it.

Too bad about the accusation at the end. Loss prevention officers would've handled that a lot better. Not "hey you we think you didn't pay"
    ssbean likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Yes, the woman was only doing her job (above and beyond) and someone told her I had left without paying as this person didn't see me going through the cashier. She was not at all rude. She just explained the situation and when I pulled out the receipt she took a quick look and that was it. She thanked me and turned back.

Quote Originally Posted by dahliagrower View Post
    TG - It was a Danone coupon - through websaver - exclusively for use at Safeway. It was B1G1 Free - I know because I still have mine as we no longer have any Safeways here on Vancouver Island. It expired yesterday.... I had thought of trying it at Walmart as they will accept competitors coupons but I just didn't get to walmart to try

Shopperwho - great shop .... and way to keep your cool on the being followed out by the SW employee.... She's probably just doing her job and as long as she simply asked the question (no tone or accusation) .... and your LO would have picked up on your anxiety if you felt it was confrontational - all in all nicely handled
    ssbean, dahliagrower and theo44 like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I would have liked to be there for the conversation when she returned back only to say she followed me several blocks and I had paid. hahaha
    ssbean likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information