User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree174Likes

Thread: All Purpose Summer Clearance Thread!!! Post your deals and steals here.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

It's great that you're doing that, Patty. I sent my son's kindergarten-teacher-to-be an e-mail right at the end of June to ask whether she has a classroom wish list, as I imagine that kindergarten classrooms need a lot of supplies, home reading books, and "stuff". August sales and garage sales in September (and trips to the US) create opportunities to find lots of great stuff for very little. I haven't heard back yet, and now that I've asked for suggestions of what she might need, I don't feel I can just go and drop off a box of items (colourful card stock, stickers, craft supplies, books, Fiskars scissors, wet wipes, games, puzzles, Kleenex. paper plates and plastic spoons, Ziploc bags). I hope she hasn't decided to wait until meet-the-teacher night in September to let me know, as we'll have missed the boat. I wish parents had asked what my class needed when I was teaching in elementary, as I always spent a small fortune out of pocket. Heck, I teach high school and wish parents would offer to donate books to classroom libraries! I still personally spend about $500 a year buying books.
    Patty Smyth and sunshine525 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Home Depot had many of their plants on sale about half price, also their pond pumps etc on for half price. Birdbaths and statues were marked down as was some of the patio furniture (not sure by how much though).
    Rona also had started their mark downs, annuals were half price a few days ago but no much else at that time. Last year scored some awesome deals there and used Airmiles to pay for it.
    Patty Smyth and avoncallingu like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    I have a feeling with all the gardeners on this site we will all be watching the garden center deals, I am waiting patiently for poo to go on sale Any poo will do, cow, sheep, shrimp
    Come to my place Patty. All the free poo you want!!
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by d.ot View Post
    I surely hope so! I'm limited to a 'balcony garden', and this is my first try at growing tomato plants. I can get pretty strong winds at times (not to mention the odd squirrel or pigeon that likes to dig in my pots!). I purchased grafted tomatoes which are supposed to be quite hardy...so we'll see what happens!
    You can grow potatoes in 5 gallon buckets if you have limited space.
    Patty Smyth and avoncallingu like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    You can grow potatoes in 5 gallon buckets if you have limited space.
    wow...no kidding!
    avoncallingu likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

.05 cents Hilroy 32 page copy books and 80 page spiral books at Walmart
    avoncallingu and scouponer like this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Last week I got vinca vines reg $2.99 for $1, Azaelea $7,lobelia $1 & a perennial (which had no price or id of name) so staff gave me for $2 at my neighbourhood WM.He says they are clearing out & garden centre is to bd closed in two weeks time..I wanted to go today but fear I may be rained on if I walk...will go tomorrow. I got some amazing deals last year too.
    I also bought 25L top PC brand top dressing soil @ Fortinos $2.14 reg $3.99.
    Last edited by Shirnette; Thu, Jul 17th, 2014 at 03:58 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information