User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: 20x with small bonus points items

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So my question of the week is this:

my husband got this big bonus offer of 20x with smaller bonus points offers. Can i buy these items, get the bonus points for these items, and get the 20x wus $50.00 or not? And can i combine this offer with this week's gift card promo?

please help.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    dahliagrower, sam786 and momi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You will surely get the bonus points,
    for Advil 3000,paper towel 15x,for milk 800'palmolive 800,
    coffee 2500, you will get all the points,
    I get get 20x on milk and I got 20x points on all 4 bags of milk with other promo
    hannahtjmom, momi and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

And you can also use 20x points coupon with double double promo ,check your store if they allow you to use it,you will get the points.
    momi and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh thank you so much. Now i can start making my list.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In my area you can't combine the x20 coupon with the other personal coupons. You have to pick and choose between the 20x or the gift cards.
    I'm wondering if SC can have a SDM provincial rules info section since it seems there are differences in areas.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

I'm in BC and they don't have any issues here with combining the two offers ... ask at your store and see if they will accept it. The double double is NOT an optimum points offer .... in that if you do not have an optimum card and spent $75 you would still receive the promotion ...... so the optimum offer is completely separate

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sirandrewr View Post
    In my area you can't combine the x20 coupon with the other personal coupons. You have to pick and choose between the 20x or the gift cards.
    I'm wondering if SC can have a SDM provincial rules info section since it seems there are differences in areas.
    Unfortunately the rules are not provincial, they are individual stores.
    For example, my local store will allow the 20x and the gift cards, but will not allow 20x and the other bonus point coupons. But from what I've read on here, there are many other stores in Ontario that will allow the use of 20x, individual bonus point coupons, and the gc.
    momi likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

What city are you in?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dahliagrower View Post
    I'm in BC and they don't have any issues here with combining the two offers ... ask at your store and see if they will accept it. The double double is NOT an optimum points offer .... in that if you do not have an optimum card and spent $75 you would still receive the promotion ...... so the optimum offer is completely separate

i went to my sdm to make a list of all the items i wanted to buy and to note down their prices as well. I showed my husband's offers to one of the cashiers and asked if i can use all these items and get their points AND can i use 20x wus 50.00 for that transaction. She said she didn't know why the headquarters send all these optimum points offers together when you can't use them. She said that i couldn't use these individual product bonus points with the big points offer because these are optimum points offers.

i asked about combining gift card promo with 20x wus 50.00. She asked her supervisor about that and she told me that we can do that.

So moral of the story:

WTH? Why does headquarters send all these confusing offers? I really wanted to use all these offers together.

NOTE:
    all the prices for my desired items were VERY inflated so i am going to pass this week's flyer promo and the 20x offer.
    momi, acosta and ottawacouponlady like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

hmmmm. that is sad that u can't combine the offers
    momi likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It is more a store to store thing than provincial. I always ask the cashier to scan it, if it works, it works, if not big deal
    I have heard of cashiers pocketing the Tim cards after telling people they don't qualify, but the system says to issue it
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    It is more a store to store thing than provincial. I always ask the cashier to scan it, if it works, it works, if not big deal
    I have heard of cashiers pocketing the Tim cards after telling people they don't qualify, but the system says to issue it
    ooh oh I would be so mad if I saw the cashier pocket the Tim's card. I would be speaking to the manager and calling H.O. To me that is theft and they should be fired.

we were at Starbucks today and we used all the money on my husbands gift card. Cashier asked if he wanted it back or if she could throw it out. DH said to throw out. But she didn't she put in her pocket. Some of the cashiers collect them and some of them are rare and are worth money. Check out eBay and you will see all kinds of Starbucks cards for sale. Some of them for a bit of money. Dh' scared was pretty generic so probably not worth much but I wasn't very impressed that she use pocketed it.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Some SCers collect Starbucks cards, my sister sends me UK ones or them The ones not worth $$ probably have stars on them for free drinks

It was actually my local Tims store who told me the cashier does it, I stopped in to get a tea after my SDM shop last time they did the double double promo. The Tims lady is a couponer, I have seen her shopping and we chatted coupons, so she joked about me having to fight for the card bc I used coupons. She said the cashiers come in with lots of $10 GCs
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

an update:

today i called sdm headquaters and asked them why did they send me big bonus point offer with small bonus points offers. The lady told me that all the smaller points offers are product bonus points and i can use all these product bonus points offers with the big 20 wus $50.00 or more. I told her that my sdm said i couldn't use them all in one transaction. The lady told me that if they say this next time then i should ask them to call the hq right away to clear the confusion. Ahhhhh.... I should have called the hq two day ago.
    dahliagrower and momi like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post

an update:

today i called sdm headquaters and asked them why did they send me big bonus point offer with small bonus points offers. The lady told me that all the smaller points offers are product bonus points and i can use all these product bonus points offers with the big 20 wus $50.00 or more. I told her that my sdm said i couldn't use them all in one transaction. The lady told me that if they say this next time then i should ask them to call the hq right away to clear the confusion. Ahhhhh.... I should have called the hq two day ago.
    I had no idea - my local store is the same of yours - cannot combine the product bonus point coupons with the larger transaction bonus point coupon. It never occurred to contact HQ about it.
    amira84 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information