• 2 Post By Lyssia510
  • 3 Post By luckbealady
  • 1 Post By lghend
  • 3 Post By lecale
  • 4 Post By luckbealady

Thread: Walmart "George" brand sizes

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Has anyone else noticed the change in sizing of George brand woman's clothing at Walmart lately? I have not been able to buy the regular large or XL sizes as I actually have hips and a large chest. But I have been able to buy the "Women's" 1X no problem with some exceptions (sometimes they are a little too large but not often). Today I went in and saw some really cute tops. I tried on the 1X in both and they were A LOT smaller than usual. I ended up having to buy the 3X. As both tops were the flowy types, it wasn't just the fit of that style. I KNOW I haven't gained weight so not sure what is up. Unfortunately I live 4 hours from the nearest city so I am limited in store choices.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I hate when stores change sizes randomly, or the vast difference in size from store to store. An L or XL (or whatever the size) should be a standard size!

Frustrating for sure!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    lghend likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

you'd think sizing should be standard... but it's completely skewed.. even in kids clothing.. i can have 2 pairs of size 6 kids pants and they can vary easily 3 inches in length!
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

It happens at everystores, there's always items that are made smaller or bigger than the size chart. At the store you can at least try it on first before buying...online shopping is a pain because you either have to send it back or going to return it at the store. I stopped online shopping for clothes for this reason.
    GeorgiaK, luckbealady and lghend like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Even clothing from the same line differs on me. I try EVERY top on. I fluctuate from an XXSmall all the way to Medium. Even if it's a similar style top.
    I always get questioned as to why I take about 20 things to try on, and only get 2 or 3.
    GoJays and lghend like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Before buying anything I need to try it on. This is one of the reasons that I don't shop online.
    Ciel, Decaf, luckbealady and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

My mom and I were just talking about this today while we were at Walmart. She found a few shirts from George and had to go up a few sizes from what she usually wears. I tried on a few George dresses and found they still run on the big side, but not as big as they usually do.
    Ciel and lghend like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yep, I have noticed that.

I also noticed it at Penningtons. I hadn't bought new pants in about 2 or 3 years - the ones I had fit great (a little big maybe), but had finally worn out. When I went to buy new ones, I nearly broke down in tears in the change room when I suddenly had to buy 2 sizes bigger! I just couldn't understand how the pants I bought of the same brand had fit amazing, and now suddenly I have to go up in size!

Long story short - I ignore sizes now and just go for what fits. It's good to know the base size to start, but I don't get worked up if I suddenly have to buy 2 or 3 sizes bigger than what I did before.

Another gripe I have with George clothes - I have a longer torso, and I like shirts to at least go down to my hips. I find with George that a shirt will fit great, but will be way to short, so I have to go up in sizes to get it long enough.
    Ciel, lghend and 1njen like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, that's exactly what I found with the one top I tried. Fit great up top but was way too short. Additionelle changed a few years back as well. The sizing was so poor and inconsistent that I stopped shopping there.
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Tue, Jan 20th, 2015 at 08:35 AM.
    Ciel, luckbealady and 1njen like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think I need a nap lecale - all that made my brain tired!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Must be the price of fabric, shipping and other factors all helping to make the store's price points work. Good to know sizing has changed.
    Did not know about Pennington's sizing changing-realize there's one store at Mountain Plaza Mall. Store website prices are much more friendlier on budget than Toni Plus (only available to high-end shopping malls or HBC downtown locations) fashions.
    Sears catalogue only carries some Pennington's active wear.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information