User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Online Dating Gets Rough

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Never did find the older thread but anyway..

I`ve met a handful of people online... dated a few, stayed friends with a few for a while, never had any horror stories lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Done it once, it wasn't on a dating site, but a travel message board. We were both going to be at the airport at the same time, but going to different destinations, so we met up at the maple leaf lounge. Went on for several months, but went our own separate ways afterwards..... we're still friends.
    gourmetsue likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Art exhibits tend to have a lot of single men who are quirky, but otherwise decent. They just have zero lady skills. Maybe ditch the guys online, dazzle them live in the flesh!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The older thread was created by me.

I am still not having much luck. I send out tons of messages, mostly get no responses, have a lot of difficulties setting up dates. The few dates I've been on I did not meet anyone I felt like pursuing a long term relationship with. I am not interested in just sex or short term flings. I admit I'm a bit picky (looking for a girl 22-30, reasonably attractive, not overweight, non-smoker, no kids) but I am still disappointed with how hard it is.

I am using okcupid. Briefly tried plenty of fish but okcupid has a much better interface so I stick with it.

French Lady are your pictures accurate representations of yourself? You can't fault someone for being upset if they are not.
    French Lady likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    The older thread was created by me.

I am still not having much luck. I send out tons of messages, mostly get no responses, have a lot of difficulties setting up dates. The few dates I've been on I did not meet anyone I felt like pursuing a long term relationship with. I am not interested in just sex or short term flings. I admit I'm a bit picky (looking for a girl 22-30, reasonably attractive, not overweight, non-smoker, no kids) but I am still disappointed with how hard it is.

I am using okcupid. Briefly tried plenty of fish but okcupid has a much better interface so I stick with it.

French Lady are your pictures accurate representations of yourself? You can't fault someone for being upset if they are not.
    My pictures are four years out date. I can understand someone commenting on this. What I took issue with was being pidgeonholed as a liar within a few minutes of meeting me. It's rude and superficial. The guy is brainless.

If I don't answer a message, it's usually because it's only a tiny "hi" or they have no pic at all. I will send a message if someone looks like they might click with me, but I do it knowing that I may not get an answer.
    Last edited by French Lady; Fri, Jul 25th, 2014 at 01:41 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I belive online dating is about meeting someone that drives you, or motivates you through their words...then after they can motivate you through their words chemistry can follow. I met my wife online (we both didn't have pictures..but we clicked because we had similar thoughts and opinions), we dated for a couple years, got married, had a kid and now going on 7 years of marriage. I'm not saying that you should meet someone without knowing them or seeing a picture of them, I'm saying...it's so easy to look at pictures and feel that you want to be with a person, but what if you were to just talk to them and see if you like how they speak to you and then decide if you want to take that step. It's like going 'dark room' speed dating......you talk with people, know how they are and you have to make a conscious decision that not everyone looks like your dream person, but they can treat you like that.......thoughts?
    avoncallingu and French Lady like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information