User Tag List

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have decided the best option for me is most likely bankruptcy. Long story, not going to really get all into it. I have an appointment Thursday to discuss further with a bankruptcy trustee about my options and decision. I've spoken with this trustee over the phone at length.

My question. I owe revenue canada approx $6000 by July 9th (2 days from now). I want to call them to prevent bank freeze or wage garnishment, is it wise to disclose to them that I am most likely filing bankruptcy? I don't want to call them, make some sort of payment commitment and then go and file. Not that I care If I'll hurt their feelings (lol) but I since my appointment is after the 9th (by one day) I want to try to cover my butt.

Any suggestions? Anyone filed bankruptcy? Thoughts? Anything is appreciated.

Again I have exhausted all other avenues. I have nobody else to ask for financial help. My credit is already tanked and I have too many companies after me. I'm passed the embarrassment and all that. I've come to terms with my situation and hopefully, solution.

Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi there, I guess I am too late for advice but I just read this now. I guess your decision on what to do has been made. I had to pull the plug on my debts back in 2011 and yes it was a tough decision but like you, I had no alternative either. I am now discharge and pretty much debt free, except now I have a student loan but I am seeing that as a kind of investment in myself, thus a good debt to have.

As far as I know, the CRA gets wiped out in bankruptcy. I know that my did. You will not receive any refunds or GST etc. for the length of your bankruptcy, it all goes to your estate. Your trustee will do all of your income tax returns for you and he is assigned to receive your refunds etc.

Hopefully you will get discharged quickly and painlessly and get back on the road to credit repair. It is a tough pill to swallow but hold your head up and know that you are not the only one to do this in the past and not the only one in the future! Best of luck to you!
    Insurance Graduate Class of 2014
    I need coupons big time!

What do you do with a elephant that has three balls? Walk him and pitch to the Rhino!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Debt is everywhere it seems.. at least you are being proactive about it. Hopefully future generations won't have the stresses we do about money and lack of it.. best of luck! (:

Chris - (theseedcoway.com)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Best of luck.
    Free $175 CASH BONUS open Tangerine bank account $50=chequing, $25=savings, $100=savings program use 36121543S1as the'orange key' CAll1-888-826-4374 refer family/friends,$50 to you + $175 to them Earn up to $3,250 Visithttp://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

Thread Information