User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Anyone have a Iphone 4s? I have questions

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I realize it's an older model yet still cheaper compared to the 5S and 5C. If you own one do you like it? On Iphone's do you need to update them (the operating system?) and if so does it slow them down?

Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I have an Iphone4S and love it.

There are always going to be updates to the IOS but it's up to you whether or not you install them. I have had notification of an update for 4 or 5 months now and still haven't done it. My daughter updated her 5S as soon as the update came out and she lost all of her contacts. I always wait a month or 5..LOL before I update.

My phone works just as well as my daughter's 5S and I didn't pay a cent for it.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am still using the 4. Did not do the last update and so far no issues. DH had the 4S and found it laggy after the update he has since gone to a 5. My phone has just hit three and works fine.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

My son was complaining about his acting up after an update,and frankly I'm a Iphone newbie (1 yr.) so I haven't bothered to update my 4s.It is my 1st cell phone and I don't use a lot of features,but found it really easy to use for the things I want it for.There's a compass and an alarm clock!

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I used to love iphone and have had all different versions until I got a samsung galaxy and I will never go back to iphone (unless apple can produce one that's comparable). Anyway, currently I have the samsung as my personal phone, the 4S is the work issued phone and my hubby has the 5, my dad has the 5S. So i've tested them all - IMO no major differences between the iphones. I still like the samsung most.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I used to love iphone and have had all different versions until I got a samsung galaxy and I will never go back to iphone (unless apple can produce one that's comparable). Anyway, currently I have the samsung as my personal phone, the 4S is the work issued phone and my hubby has the 5, my dad has the 5S. So i've tested them all - IMO no major differences between the iphones. I still like the samsung most. Samsung battery lasts longer and takes little time to charge.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Some thoughts....
    • how much are you saving by going with an older iPhone model? If the difference is minor, get the newer faster model.
    • did you hear about the SSL bug. People not updating their iOS are vulnerable.
      http://www.macworld.com/article/2099...s-ssl-bug.html
    • when is iPhone6 coming out? Too soon.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

First off, I sell these everyday and it depends which iPhone 4S you are looking at

If it is a 4S 8GB then it really isn't that old as it came out just before the 5S & 5C

ALL Apple products will require updates and trust me if you DON'T do them stuff on your phone will stop working

Apple pushes out these updates because they want all their devices running on the same platform for constancy

Now if you are wanting to get a Apple I would suggest you would go with a current model, and FYI the next iPhone is just around the corner if you look at when each iPhone has been released they have all been about 6-8 months apart
    Last edited by Peachykeen2007; Tue, Jul 8th, 2014 at 11:15 AM.
    i_forget and jasmeencress like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have the 4S and since the last 3 updates the battery life is terrible. I am on a contract for another 6 months but will be changing phones once my contract is up. The iphone is a great toy but I want a phone first.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the advice and help I had a Samsung Galaxy S2x and it half works. I currently use SpeakOut wireless because I do not want a contract. I thought about buying an iPhone 4s 8 gb outright at the Apple store ($450.00). Some of the cell phone companies require you have a monthly plan of 50 dollars plus a month for an iPhone. My budget is 30 dollars or less. Basically I use my phone for text, calls, wifi, camera and a few apps. Not sure if buying outright, due to the price, is worth it? Currently I'm using an old flip phone but eventually go with a smartphone.
    Last edited by toban; Tue, Jul 8th, 2014 at 01:13 PM.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

If you purchase a phone outright you can put your device on ANY plan, you are not restricted to take a specific plan also with most providers if you bring in your own device you are eligible for a discount off your monthly bill

might wanna check that out

Quote Originally Posted by toban View Post
    Thanks for the advice and help I had a Samsung Galaxy S2x and it half works. I currently use SpeakOut wireless because I do not want a contract. I thought about buying an iPhone 4s 8 gb outright at the Apple store ($450.00). Some of the cell phone companies require you have a monthly plan of 50 dollars plus a month for an iPhone. My budget is 30 dollars or less. Basically I use my phone for text, calls, wifi, camera and a few apps. Not sure if buying outright, due to the price, is worth it? Currently I'm using an old flip phone but eventually go with a smartphone.
    toban likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Peachykeen2007 View Post
    If you purchase a phone outright you can put your device on ANY plan, you are not restricted to take a specific plan also with most providers if you bring in your own device you are eligible for a discount off your monthly bill

might wanna check that out
    Thanks! Apple store the phones are unlocked. I may do what you mentioned.
    Peachykeen2007 and i_forget like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    I have an Iphone4S and love it.

There are always going to be updates to the IOS but it's up to you whether or not you install them. I have had notification of an update for 4 or 5 months now and still haven't done it. My daughter updated her 5S as soon as the update came out and she lost all of her contacts. I always wait a month or 5..LOL before I update.

My phone works just as well as my daughter's 5S and I didn't pay a cent for it.
    I agree! I have the 4s- I have had it for 2 years and it's awesome
    I would recommend an expensive phone case (otter box) and a good screen covers.
    Protecting your stuff ensures it will last longer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    toban likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a 4s my husband has the 5c I don't see a difference at all except that the back is coloured and slimmer ! Hope that helps , and u can update 4s mine works fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    toban likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

i gave mine up a couple month ago and so did hubby and son and we got the 5S... all 3 of us had trouble all the time if there was an update, the phone reacted crazy, battery life was terrible and lots of other issues.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information